Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Internal flush/cleanser??

Anyone wanna give me some info on internal flushes or cleansers or whatever you want to call them? Never done one, but I hear a lot of people refer to them, not to mention all the ads and commercials. Any suggestions on what to try and/or what to avoid?

Here's my experience and opinion: DO NOT BUY via internet advertising. I did it for one that touted Oprah's endorsement. It's a scam. They charge your credit card lots of $$ even though it's a "free trial". Getting your $$ back takes a lot of time and frustration. Some of these same products are sold at health food and Vitamin stores.

Also, I did try it for one week. Made absolutly no difference. Save yourself time and frustration!

Anyone wanna give me some info on internal flushes or cleansers or whatever you want to call them? Never done one, but I hear a lot of people refer to them, not to mention all the ads and commercials. Any suggestions on what to try and/or what to avoid?

I was curious about these, and I asked my dietician about them. She had no problem with them and referred me to a Health food Store to get more info. They were a little far, so I investigated a link my sister found. If you want graphic, the web site for Blessed Herbs is definitely that! They even give you the option of turning off the pictures from the testimonials! I have never seen so much s**t in my life! I ordered from another place (BH cost like $89) for $60 something, and when it came I changed my mind, called them got an RMA number sent it back with delivery confirmation. Now they are giving me a runaround, saying they issued the credit, but it is not on my account. One CSR had me fax them my statement to prove I didn't have the credit, the next one said the credit was issued and I should take it up with my card bank. I asked for a supervisor and they put me through to a voicemail and the person has not called me back. So I called my card company. I printed the delivery confirmation and I have the numbers of the CSR's I talked to. My credit card CSR checked my account and it is not there. So they will take up the issue for me as a failur to refund. I will get my money back, but they do not make it easy. I may complain to the BBB too before I am done. I returned a product once because it didn't work well and the shipping charge was rediculous. They tried to tell me I couldn't have the S&H back, and I said had I been told what it was going to be I would not have ordered the product. I went to the BBB for their state and was ready to go to the Attorny General for the state, when they decided to give me my shipping back, because I made it clear I was not going away until they did.

That said I decided to try a product in Vitamin Shoppe called First Cleanse. I wasn't impressed. I threw the balance out. I do better with a senna laxative (Senokot or generic brands) and a stool softener.

I order on the internet all the time, but be careful of TV infomercials. They are the ones I have had the most trouble with. Go to a reputable health food store and ask lots of questions. Or you could contact your dietician and see what he/she thinks.

Your colon does a great job cleansing your body...that's its job. You really shouldn't need any sort of flush or cleanser.

What is the flush supposed to accomplish? Are you having any problems that the flush is supposed to help? Nothing I've read gives me any confidence at all in these products.

Are you referring to the old food in your intestines for 10+ years as commercials claim?

Talk to ANY GI surgeon, they've never seen such a thing. They look in colons and intestines daily for a living and they say the claims of needing a colon flush are nothing short of expensive snake oil.

It's a waste of money and they will take a lot of it, btw. Also, all it is going to do is mess with your electrolytes. They are not safe, they are not effective, and they are not necessary.

I bought the one you see in the tv info ad. It has something in it that makes you dependent on it after a while. I wound up having to go to a specialty doctor to prescribe something so I could do without the ingrediant in the product.

He said it was bad for you, dont believe the advertising. Cost me a few hundred for a couple of months supply which I still have and then cost me to go see the doctor and get the prescription a few hundred more to fix the damage done. (I have no insurance, so had to pay cash).

dont do it.