Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January bandsters our time is coming!!!

Lena, 32 lbs is wonderful! I am so happy to hear that. I don't understand why you get to eat regular foods and I'm on this liquid diet for 4 weeks after surgery:mad2:

Mine has a progressive program over several weeks. I was on soft foods ("mushies") until today, but he said everyone's tolerance will be different. This has proven to be very true. While I can get many veggies past the stoma, very few meats pass. Theoretically, I've been allowed chicken and ground beef for a week, but unless the chicken is chopped fine, it didn't pass. I tried Spam the other day, chopped up fine. It didn't pass. Yarked it up in less than thirty minutes. You'd think Spam would be softer than chicken. Nope! At least I have sense enough to try an ounce of a new food at a time so I'm not yarking violently. I haven't had the nerve to try beef or other porks than Spam up until now.

Every couple of days, I'll try a meat on the approved list to see if things have improved. Last night I managed chicken in itty bitty chunks for the first time. So, for me meats are a challenge. To supplement the eggs, chicken, and fish I can get past the stoma, I'll have a Protein Shake to make sure I'm getting plenty of Protein. Have to admit, I'm getting sick of tuna and salmon. I never thought I'd say that.

Take your time, Glenda. Follow your doctor's rules. It'll be worth it. You'll probably lose more weight than I, right?

Lena

Cool Liz!!! Im glad you and Kawasaki are going the same day as me. I to am nervous,but im excited as well. Its strange how just in the last few weeks since i started this that i have changed. I gave up coke, if my husband or daughter eat something sweet in front of me, I DONT EVEN CARE. I hope we all go through surgery just fine. Oh what are the gas strips? And I dont have to do the liquid diet, i just have to drink shakes 3 times a day. You guys should try Bolthouse Protein drinks!! They are yummy, and sorta like Starbucks. Walmart and Publix have them in the cold juice section, or by the orange juice.

Nikki

Hey Nikkisix, funny I WORK for Coca Cola!!! I was addicted to it also but am on the 2 week preopt diet now and really don't miss it! It is amazing, like you said, how quickly your taste's change. I also used to be a junk food junkie, especially fast food, and now don't even think about it....I did cheat last night.....my surgery is Monday and I just wanted a "last meal" hope my Dr. can't see the steak while he is putting in the band!! The pre opt diet requirements vary soooo much between Dr's that I am not too worried. Anyone else cheated?

hey, Carol how are feeling? I hpe all went very good for you! drop a note, wondering how you did, and how you are doing now? soreness, how the liqiud diet is going? swallowing the liquids? anything, I am going this coming .wed the 21st...very excited

Take your time, Glenda. Follow your doctor's rules. It'll be worth it. You'll probably lose more weight than I, right?

Lena

You are right Lena, follow my doctor's orders. I will, I was just grumbling...

Thanks for your help.I'm glad you are feeling well and loosing so much weight. I don't have a scale in my house so I will weigh myself on Monday at my 2 week post op appt. I'll ask my Dr. my questions instead of everyone else!

I am praying for all you others who get their bands on the 20- the 29th. Let us know how you are doing and keep us updated on your progress.

Cool Liz!!! Im glad you and Kawasaki are going the same day as me. I to am nervous,but im excited as well. Its strange how just in the last few weeks since i started this that i have changed. I gave up coke, if my husband or daughter eat something sweet in front of me, I DONT EVEN CARE. I hope we all go through surgery just fine. Oh what are the gas strips? And I dont have to do the liquid diet, i just have to drink shakes 3 times a day. You guys should try Bolthouse Protein drinks!! They are yummy, and sorta like Starbucks. Walmart and Publix have them in the cold juice section, or by the orange juice.

Nikki

Nikki- So I went into Walmart last night to finish stocking up on post op stuff and guess what they had??? Bolthouse stuff!! Woot woot!! LOL I bought the Cappucino and the vanilla Chai Tea. The tea is soooo yummy, it makes me feel like I'm cheating! Good suggestion! :)

Three more days girl! I hope you're getting excited! I could NOT wait to get off of work yesterday, bc I knew that meant surgery was finally almost here! Can't wait, hope things are going well for you!

My name is Kathy and I am being banded on Jan 27th! I am really excited and ready to get this thing done and start on my new path. I am using Dr. Jay in Dallas but I am using him thru TLC Edge. I don't really understand exactly but the "edge" medical group has tons of doctors and they do lot of stuff other than Gastic surgery. I guess the surgeons do a day a week of surgery for them(tlc edge) and the rest of the week they attend to their own practice. THe tlc Edge nutritionist told me 2 weeks of liqued (Opifast) but the surgeon only wanted one week. So I comprimised, I did one week of liqued then had one last meal and now I am working on the second week of liqueds. One thing the doc told me to add is WonTon Soup broth. It has been a lifesaver for me!! I was getting tired of all the sweet stuff and needed something a little spicy.

Hi Kathy and all,

I'm also going to be banded Jan 27. Have gone through the six month program and just have one last appointment on Tuesday to meet nurse and anesthesiologist.

I have to do the pre-op diet for five days: Protein three times per day along with broth - no veggies, no shakes. I think it is going to be really hard, but gotta shrink that liver.

Looking forward to checking back with you all.

Best wishes for everyone!

Barb

Hi kharmon and B_there,

Several of us are scheduled for the 27th so we have company and support.

It's getting really close now. I still have some nerves but I'm looking forward to this next phase.

Here's to successful surgeries and to a terrific New Year.

Nikki- So I went into Walmart last night to finish stocking up on post op stuff and guess what they had??? Bolthouse stuff!! Woot woot!! LOL I bought the Cappucino and the vanilla Chai Tea. The tea is soooo yummy, it makes me feel like I'm cheating! Good suggestion! :)

Three more days girl! I hope you're getting excited! I could NOT wait to get off of work yesterday, bc I knew that meant surgery was finally almost here! Can't wait, hope things are going well for you!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sooo glad u found it. Also NAKED Protein drinks are good too. Thicker but not to bad. Girl im sooo excited about Tuesday. It's sleeting here and it will be over tomorrow. Glad it wont keep me from getting to the hospital. Keep in touch and let me know how its going!!! If you want to exchange #'s thru private email that would be good too!!! Ughhhhhhhhh im soooo ready!!!!!

xoxox

Nikki

:):)

Hey Nikkisix, funny I WORK for Coca Cola!!! I was addicted to it also but am on the 2 week preopt diet now and really don't miss it! It is amazing, like you said, how quickly your taste's change. I also used to be a junk food junkie, especially fast food, and now don't even think about it....I did cheat last night.....my surgery is Monday and I just wanted a "last meal" hope my Dr. can't see the steak while he is putting in the band!! The pre opt diet requirements vary soooo much between Dr's that I am not too worried. Anyone else cheated?

LOL! I know what you mean. And girl you know that steak wont be there Monday. Good luck Monday and keep us posted!!!

It is weird how different the pre-op and post-op diets are. I'm on a 2-week liquid pre-op then I do 2 days of Clear Liquids, then 2 weeks of full liquids, and then 2 weeks of pureed food or liquids (it's up to me, I guess I'll be able to puree some and/or just do Protein shakes). So, 6 weeks of pretty much liquids -- so far it's not as bad as I thought it would be. As you said, I'm so ready for it and once I make up my mind, I'm usually okay. It's the long-term that gets me. That's why this is such a miracle tool -- to never have to lose the same 100 pounds again is great! I can't wait until 1-27!

Ok, im home and my head hurts sooo bad and my chest a lil. I dont feel alot of gas, i feel a lil shoulder pain every now and then but its not bad at all. I went in at 7:30am this morning, and they took me back and made me take everything off and get into the SEXY gown. Heres the kicker! As soon as i got into nothing but that gown, i see what looks lilke smoke coming out of the air vents!! Then comes all these cut firemen. I wasnt happy about everyone being able to see my in my gown and compression socks! Those things looked like grany hose!!! Anyway it wasnt smoke the A/C vent froze up. Too much drama for me...lool....I think the little but of pain im feeling is where my Dr. repaired my HHernia. Just wanted to check in. I'll update tomorrow....Hope my girls did ok today!!!

Nikki

Ok, im home and my head hurts sooo bad and my chest a lil. I dont feel alot of gas, i feel a lil shoulder pain every now and then but its not bad at all. I went in at 7:30am this morning, and they took me back and made me take everything off and get into the SEXY gown. Heres the kicker! As soon as i got into nothing but that gown, i see what looks lilke smoke coming out of the air vents!! Then comes all these cut firemen. I wasnt happy about everyone being able to see my in my gown and compression socks! Those things looked like grany hose!!! Anyway it wasnt smoke the A/C vent froze up. Too much drama for me...lool....I think the little but of pain im feeling is where my Dr. repaired my HHernia. Just wanted to check in. I'll update tomorrow....Hope my girls did ok today!!!

Nikki

Hey Nikki! I'm doing great! I checked in at 7am, was in surgery about 9 and was on my way home at 12:30! I have been sleeping a lot and creeping around the house. I am a little sore, but just feel like I did 5,000 crunches at the gym...plus the percocet helps LOL:cool2:

Nikki

Hey Nikki! I'm doing great! I checked in at 7am, was in surgery about 9 and was on my way home at 12:30! I have been sleeping a lot and creeping around the house. I am a little sore, but just feel like I did 5,000 crunches at the gym...plus the percocet helps LOL:cool2:

Are you eating at all? I haven't had an appetite all day, but I forced myself to drink some Water since my throat is so dry and I ate 2 SF popsicles, but that's it...