Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

Well, no fill for Loser - Dr A thought it best to wait, and so did I - I am in no rush and now have lose 32 lb - so yeah for me and all of you too!

Diva - did I see you today? Perhaps the pretty blonde with the pink argyle sweater??

Cheers

IWBAL

Hi I Wanna,

No, it wasn't me. I have blonde hair but was wearing a black jacket with a embroidered peacock on it. I went from person to person talking to them, but unfortunately not my lap band friend. It was fun talking to the ladies 2 years out.

Dr. Bracken (he had a cold, poor baby) was early early so I was in and out before my scheduled appointment at 10:30. So I didn't get to meet any forum friends. ):

Having the staples out feels so much better but boy, are where they were red and inflammed!!! Put Polysporin on them. Is that normal?? Looks like they'll scab.

I forgot to ask when to start exercising - more than just walking. When could I start my Curves workouts? I've finished my second week out.

Hi Diva,

Feels good to have those staples out doesn't it!? I remember that's about when I started to feel better overall. Mine were inflamed too, I figured I would be horribly scared forever, but everything has faded except for the port scar which is still red and bumpy but way better than it was 6 months ago! So what did the girls with 2 years out have to say? Positive things I hope!

Whew! Glad to hear the redness is normal. This is what makes the forum so valuable.

The ladies with a lapband for 2 years were...stalled, I'd say. They know what they should do and what they should be eating, but... On the flip side, they accredit their bands for helping them reduce the amount of medication they have to take and wouldn't remove their bands for anything.

Well, maybe next time!

Staple removed is wonderful - you feel free again! I am a really bad healer - all my scars keloid - especailly an old surgery in which my cut is about 12 inches and was done about 30 years ago. it goes from about a quarter inch to about inches across at its thickest and is a raised incision scar now. I must say that I am so pleased with my new additions - they are all small thin and have not separated plus they are starting to fade. I even popped a staple and bled out of one of my cuts - but it looks a thousand time better than that old scar I have. I wish I would have had these surgeons stitch me up rather than that butcher who originally did me!

As for exercising, I would wait - 4-6 weeks after surgery seems to be the norm - I know that you are excited and really to go - but your insides have still not fully healed. When you do start - start lightly - don't go doing 100 pushups followed by 100 crunches!

Cheers all!

IWBAL

Edited by I Wanna Be a Loser

Hi fellow bandsters,

I just found the best (maybe not well known) site for us. This site is done by a bandster called Megan. She was banded in 2008 and has lost 100 lb. On it is the most complete set of yummy recipes I have seen. I've been looking all over and collecting recipes but this site has the best ones, and tips!! She has a whole section of putting Entrees in muffin tins so the portion size is perfect. I also love the pictures that go with many of the recipes so you can see how they are prepared. She also has her own menu planner. The site can be found at Band Friendly Recipes: Recipes.

You know what we need as we go down in sizes...a clothing exchange...

Not complaining (30 lbs down) but I'm in my last pair of "skinny pants." Shopping required.

:unsure:

Hi fellow bandsters,

I just found the best (maybe not well known) site for us. This site is done by a bandster called Megan. She was banded in 2008 and has lost 100 lb. On it is the most complete set of yummy recipes I have seen. I've been looking all over and collecting recipes but this site has the best ones, and tips!! She has a whole section of putting entrees in muffin tins so the portion size is perfect. I also love the pictures that go with many of the recipes so you can see how they are prepared. She also has her own menu planner. The site can be found at Band Friendly Recipes: Recipes.

Thanks for the website tip Diva! We made the slow-cooker chicken fajitas tonight. They were melt-in-your-mouth fantastic!

I'm looking forward to trying the tortilla Soup, and the chicken fried rice.

Diva - thanks for the link to the website with all the recipes! I have been obsessing over recipes all day today, and it's awesome to have a site that has done the obsessing for me!! Thanks!

Ok, so I'm so not good at keeping up with things regularly. I haven't been on in a while and did just finally fill out the support group survey. I think its a fantastic idea, I would love to be able to meet people one on one and share tips and tricks etc.

I also missed the CJOB interview since I didn't read about it on time. :blushing:

I went for my fill this past Tuesday, the 20th and wasn't sure if I would actually get a fill or not. Lately I had noticed a big difference in my portion sizes and ability to eat certain foods... ie bread. I haven't been able to eat Pasta from the beginning so I haven't bothered trying it again. But breads are now a no go for me, they always get stuck. So I'd had a few episodes of getting stuck and horrible sliming so I didn't know if they would give me more fill or not. Well they did. I got another 0.5 mL bringing me upto 5.75 mL now and I am definately noticing a difference. Terri and I have also made a pact with each other to get on the piece of "furniture" collecting dust in our living rooms, the treadmill that is. So if you're reading this Terri I'm going to hold you to it and I expect you to do the same!! I've tried to get back on solids a couple times now and I'm still not quite ready.

So as of now my go to mushy foods are over steamed cauliflower so its nice and soft with a cheddar white sauce on it for some flavour. I also made myself some kheer (indian style rice pudding) that goes down pretty well. Another mushy favourite of mine is a refried bean and mashed potato bake. It's super easy and tasty and packs in some Protein.< /p>

Alright, well I'm off on a mini road trip to Kenora today to drop off some furniture we'll see how that goes. I've packed myself some egg salad and a Protein Shake hopefully that covers everything cause I don't want to try and find something I can tolerate in town.

hi everyone, just got my computer back from the shop. things are going well for me. i am trying to find the right kind of food that i can eat on the road that doesn't involve fast food places its pretty tough though.

i am stiil kinda losing, i go three or more weeks it seems like not losing. then, i will wake up one day and lose ten pounds over night.

it must be the trucking thing because i retain so much Water weight just sitting in my truck for days. the first time i lost fifteen pounds over night and it has stayed off for good. that was a shocker. hope all is well with the bandsters.

later everyone

Fish - good to see a msg from you! Glad to hear things are going decent - hope it's the trucking thing playing scale-games with you

How is wifey doing? I hope well - tell her I said "hi!"

maybe we'll run into each other again at London Drugs - I still think it's hilarious that happened :thumbup:

Take care!

k.

I hear what you are saying about eating on the road Fish. I work in sales and am often in my car during the meal hours. I have taken to carrying around Detour Protein Bars. They taste decent for a Protein Bar, and are way better for you than a chocolate bar. (which is what I used to do) If you think of any tips let me know what they are!

Fish, I've taken to having those small individual cottage cheese containers with the fruit on the bottom in the car, if I know that I will be out and about. As an emergency, I carry a small small tuna can too. They come in different flavours: lime/jalapeno, mayo, sesame and ginger. They have a tab opener - no opener required.

Sept. 29/09 operation

-33 pounds down since

-BP meds cut - priceless