Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

Great that a support group might be developing! I did the survey. Anyone getting a fill tomorrow? I'll be there for 4:30.

Wow Moonbeam, you are doing so well. I get my staples out Oct. 13.

Wow Moonbeam, you are doing so well. I get my staples out Oct. 13.

Thanks Diva! It's only since my last fill that the pounds have started to come off, so be patient, it will happen!

Hey All

Hope you are all doing well - you all are certainly sound a bit thinner this week! LOL

My rescheduled fill is now for next Tues - 13th, so I am looking forward to that. I hope to meet some peeps in the waiting room. I am quite excited about the possibility of a support group and completed my survey with 2 thumbs up!

So Tammer....it was you, sucking up all the Terri-Time while I patiently waited....next time I will ask Jen to schedule me before you. Actually, with my fear of needles, I was not too sorry that I did not get in. I have to mentally build myself up when I know I am going for 1, so when it appeared that I had to go back to work without getting in, I must confess that I ran out without looking back. 2 week repreive, Woo-hoo!

Maybe I will see Diva on the 13th depending on the time that you are there. Just remember to keep walking around, even when you thing it is not a gas pain, it is! Staple out day is great and a big relief too.

Moonbeam - look at you go! Ticker is looking good! Damn - I gotta get me one of those!

Take care all!

It's me again... I meant to throw out a group question to all.

Now that fall is here, what activities are you doing/looking at doing to help you with your weight loss goals, if any? Are they activities that you have done before or brand new ones?

Cheers

IWBAL

It's me again... I meant to throw out a group question to all.

Now that fall is here, what activities are you doing/looking at doing to help you with your weight loss goals, if any? Are they activities that you have done before or brand new ones?

Cheers

IWBAL

Do good intentions count? :thumbup: Right now I'm enjoying the cool bug free fall season and walking in the park a lot. Getting kinda cold for biking. I'm seriously considering getting a wii fit, but holding off due to my track record of good intentions and no follow through. I have my membership at the YMCA which while it does add some wieght to the purse I carry does me no good when I don't use it. I do plan to start to use it.. I even have my classes picked out that I want to try...

Of course good intention count...why not? Like you I have been doing some hiking in BHP with family and friends...however it is now turning a bit colder. I am curling a couple time a week but think that I should be doing more and entertaining the thought of doing a yoga class in Nov to see how it goes, and I really should get my butt back on the Wii Fitness to start with. I always was embarrassed by my little porky Mii, and then I did not go on it for awhile and the machine would be making snide comments and my Mii would be sleeping.....it is probably dead now as I have not been on in a long time!

Oh well....

for anyone who wants to know, i will be on CJOB today at 10 am talking about lapband and the stigma of obesity for you people that are out of town

www.cjob.com and listen live button

as for my Human Rights claim, I found out a funny thing after talking with 4 people from manitoba Health and i sent my letter to the Apeals board, i apperently didnt follow the application proccess of applying apperently Manitoba Health will pay for the proccedure if it is done out of province(but not the device itself) but the letter i sent to the appeals board was intercepted by a staff member and not given to the appeals board this is getting messy and looks like i might have to sue for neglegence no one person gave me the right direction until after my surgery 6 weeks after my originating emails

Sorry, I did not see your post earlier today - I would have loved to listen to it.

Gotta love our health care system sometime, eh? Nice staff member - probably some supermodel wannabe who is threatened by the possibility that there may be some future competition in the future by us lap banders.

I think I may have to go in the clinic tomorrow as I am worried about my band. I am concerned as I have lost about 2-3 lbs since my fill at the beginning of Sept, could feel some restriction and was doing good eating wise. This last week on Monday, I ate about 1.5 oz of smoked salmon which promptly got stuck and I had PB/Vomiting for a couple hours. I ate nothing the rest of the day and I felt pretty weak on Tues. So I thought I would have some toast with Peanut Butter, I felt like it was going to stick again and did not attempt to eat it. For lunch - a protien shake and dinner was a tiny slice of lasagne. Wednesday at lunch I have a quesadilla, took 2 bites and stopped - it stopped and I thought I was going to die - the slime/PB was horrible and ended with me retching 3 hours later and falling into bed exhausted. After I was able to eat about 4 oz salmon. Today was good - protien shake for Breakfast, Soup & a piece of cheese for lunch. Dinner - a whole different story. I did not feel hungry per se, so I only took 2 oz of salmon , deliberately eating slow and extremely tiny bites and the last bite it felt it got stuck and I have been sliming for the last 2 hrs and expelled a small amount of the salmon. I have only had the PB/Slime thing happen twice before this week. And now it has happened 3 times in 4 days...I am a little nervous. Another thing is that I feel full, however my stomach (Colon?? - area under the rib cage) is growling and making horrible loud noises - people are actually commenting on it! So embarrassing. I am wondering if my band has possibly slipped or something?

Has anyone had their band slip?

Guess I will call tomorrow and see if I can talk to someone. I am actually supposed to go in on Tuesday for a fill - however I am thinking that I should not let this go the long weekend. I dunno. Anyway thanks for listening to my long winded message and I will probably be fine, and it will all turn out to be a figment of my overactive imagination. This is where a live support group would come in handy....I am so hoping for one!

Cheers

IWBAL

Sorry, I did not see your post earlier today - I would have loved to listen to it.

Gotta love our health care system sometime, eh? Nice staff member - probably some supermodel wannabe who is threatened by the possibility that there may be some future competition in the future by us lap banders.

I think I may have to go in the clinic tomorrow as I am worried about my band. I am concerned as I have lost about 2-3 lbs since my fill at the beginning of Sept, could feel some restriction and was doing good eating wise. This last week on Monday, I ate about 1.5 oz of smoked salmon which promptly got stuck and I had PB/Vomiting for a couple hours. I ate nothing the rest of the day and I felt pretty weak on Tues. So I thought I would have some toast with Peanut Butter, I felt like it was going to stick again and did not attempt to eat it. For lunch - a protien shake and dinner was a tiny slice of lasagne. Wednesday at lunch I have a quesadilla, took 2 bites and stopped - it stopped and I thought I was going to die - the slime/PB was horrible and ended with me retching 3 hours later and falling into bed exhausted. After I was able to eat about 4 oz salmon. Today was good - protien shake for breakfast, Soup & a piece of cheese for lunch. Dinner - a whole different story. I did not feel hungry per se, so I only took 2 oz of salmon , deliberately eating slow and extremely tiny bites and the last bite it felt it got stuck and I have been sliming for the last 2 hrs and expelled a small amount of the salmon. I have only had the PB/Slime thing happen twice before this week. And now it has happened 3 times in 4 days...I am a little nervous. Another thing is that I feel full, however my stomach (Colon?? - area under the rib cage) is growling and making horrible loud noises - people are actually commenting on it! So embarrassing. I am wondering if my band has possibly slipped or something?

Has anyone had their band slip?

Guess I will call tomorrow and see if I can talk to someone. I am actually supposed to go in on Tuesday for a fill - however I am thinking that I should not let this go the long weekend. I dunno. Anyway thanks for listening to my long winded message and I will probably be fine, and it will all turn out to be a figment of my overactive imagination. This is where a live support group would come in handy....I am so hoping for one!

Cheers

IWBAL

Hey IWBAL,

Definitly call tomorrow. That doesn't sound right. Although I've had my band seem to get tighter 2 weeks after a fill instead of right away. I'm learning that it's definity not an exact science.

Thanks Moonbeam - I did call and spoke to Jen today-such a sweetheart, I hope they pay her lots 'cause she deserves it - and she told me exactly what you posted, that after a fill - for some unknown reason the band will tighten - usually after about 2-3 weeks after. Although I am 4.5 weeks, it is possible that this is what happened. So we decided to monitor it today as I did not have a easy morning- (2 swigs of carnation Breakfast and I could feel everything backing up again) so I had to call and let her know by the end of the day how I was doing. lunch had gone remarkably well (soup & 1 oz of cheese) so we will monitor it over the weekend and I will eat light foods. She also made me promise to page the dr's if I ran into any difficulties and they would be willing to assist which gave me quite a bit of relief, just knowing that there would be someone available. Between you and I though, I don't want to wreck anyone's long weekend, cause that sucks. I have had a couple of my long weekends ruined due to customers calling me at home and demanding that things be done and it ain't pretty, I tell you!

Anyhoo, I will be in for my "supposed fill" at 11 - anybody else there around this time? See you in the waiting room!

IWBAL

Edited by I Wanna Be a Loser

I wouldnt worry about paging the docs as they are probably working at the hospital anyways, not to mention that they get paid a good buck to be there for us

hope things are going better today

Fergieis:thumbup:

Thanks Fergieis - I guess that is another "heads up" for you too - that band tightening after fill is a possiblity. I had a very light nibbley/soup day yesterday - 1 slight tightening at dinner so I stopped eating for about 10 minutes, resumed eating but very sparingly. Today is family turkey day, so I will see how I make out today. I am planning on being very diligent as I don't want to wreck the day by announcing to my hubby - time to leave- I am sliming and want to chuck because I swallowed a golf ball for dinner. LOL. Man, my gut is just a rumbling today although I really don't feel hungry at all right now! It is kinda funny that in the past I would alway associate that rumbling with being hungry and would toddle off to the cupboard or fridge to get something to soothe my stomach. Now I think about it, this was probably something my mother/relatives told me when I was young - if your stomach is growling - you must be hungry. When I hear it now I think to myself - Stomach - if your that hungry, just go find some fat cells reserves (of which there are still plenty in this body) and knock yourself out. LOL

Just knowing that someone would be around makes me feel better and believe me if I thought I was in any danger or needed any help, I would be calling.

Happy Thanksgiving all - may our portions be small but tasty!

Cheers

IWBAL

Poor I Wanna be a Loser. Hope today is better. Perhaps I'll see you Tuesday when I come out after 10:30 or whenever I get in (I plan to bring a book!).

Fergeis, wow, we are in the midst of a celebrity. I wish I hadn't missed your interview. What questions did they ask you? How did you feel it went? Did your points get across? Interesting about the MB Health funding issue/fiasco. Geez.

Thanks all for your well wishes - no problems with dinner out - it was a very slow and lengthly meal which worked out good for me. My SIL made a comment that I was not eating much and of course, all eyes were on me. But since I knew she came to the table late, and no one else had paid attention to my plate, I was able to cover by claiming I was so hungry I just wolfed most of my food down before she arrived and crisis averted. LOL

Maybe I will see you tomorrow Diva - I am either at 11 or 11:30.

Fergieis - can you tell us about the interview? Inquiry minds would like to know...

Cheers

IWBAL