Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I could really use someone to talk to..

I was banded Nov 20, 08 and I dont quite know what to think. I have had 3 fills so far and the last one hurt me real real bad.. I am bruised pretty good from it. I feel a little restriction but am still REAL hungry. He filled me to 5 and said lets see how you do now. Well it went great the first week and now only in week 2 from my last fill I am hungry again!!! In the last week I have gained 2 pounds. Very depressing! I am scheduled to back in next wednesday for another fill. Should I ask to be put to 6cc? How long does it take to start really working? I am begging to think this lap band is not going to work for me :biggrin: All eyes are on me and I feel so much pressure to loose the weight and everyone watches every little thing that goes into my mouth and then smarts off, "thats more than 2 oz"!!!! I dont know sorry for venting, I am kinda feeling hopeless and I dont know anyone to talk about this with. thanks for listening..

Lisa

Dont let it get to you. I had my first fill 12/08 which didnt work he couldnt access the port so I had to wait until the 12th to do it under fluro and then I didnt feel anything and was eating really well so I went back on the 18th and was filled to 5.2 cc's. I too am bruised and I am still hungry. I have lost 2 lbs but it has taken 2and 1/2 weeks to do it. I am just going to give it time and let it work, If you need to get to 6 then do it! My doc told me he thinks I may level out at about 7.5 which means at least 2 more fills. Keep your chin up and tell everyone who is watching to mind their own business

Thanks for ur kind words. I guess I feel like the closer to 10 I get the closer my chances are of this not working. I guess I need to be patient... lol I just am tired of feeling hungry all the time......

Try not to get discouraged. It takes time to get to the sweet spot (I've learned this by reading tons of threads here).

I told everyone it would take up to 2 years for me to lose the weight and if anyone made any comments about what I eat or how I exercise I would club them like a baby seal (no offense intended towards baby seals).

Until you get closer to your sweet spot, you are going to be hungry and there is not too much you can do about it except to try your best. Almost none of us have decent restriction this far out from surgery.

Don't worry, as long as you keep getting adequate fills it will happen. It is only a matter of time.

You are welcome, are you working out? I am and I have found that I am hungrier too so my doc told me to make sure I am still hitting 1200 calories of food and to make up what I am burning off.

yes I am working out some. Can you streach your pouch this early on? I can eat quite a bit right now and kinda feel like I may have messed this all up.. my port sight hurts today and I have no idea why.. nothing is red or irritated.

Hey don't give up you are still new to this and you will reach that sweet spot. Just try to take your mind off the band and eating for a while you will succeed!! I was banded in the end of AUgust I lost alot of weight since then but last month i was watching the scale every morning and wasnt moving and you CANNOT do that. Weigh yourself once a week or every 2 weeks. keep following what the docs and nutritionist tells you, try support group meetings and exersize, just walk if you must. you will start working through this rough spot. I have lost 60 lbs and at 5cc in a 10cc band. my doc said that should be a good spot and I am to call him in 2 weeks and let him know how I feel. I weighed myself this morning and slipped past 250 I cannot remember the last time I was there. Anyway, keep me posted on your progress and do not give up your hope. Disregard what others may say, they have no idea what you are going through. Just ignore them.

Take Care,

Angcal26

Hiya Lisa,

I know its hard specially if you were like the rest of us and have failed at every diet known to man or you find one and the moment you get off you balloon back up.:biggrin:

I was banded 4-11-08 and when I got my first fill I didnt really notice much a difference and then 2 weeks later I did. It was weird but I still really wasnt losing weight. I was so depressed and stressing out thinking about how I just spent all this money I dont have only to keep failing :sad:. But I got my second fill and honestly its probaby a little too tight because I do have my rough days but then again I let them fill me to 7cc's but man a world of difference. Over the last 4 months I really started noticing my weight loss.

Dont give up. Its trail and error because all our bodies are so different, I will agree with others we totally have to work out. I bet it I could find the time I would start dropping like crazy. Maybe after my move I'll have more time ;)

Good luck!

It took me a bunch of fills to finally feel some restriction! I had the same thought which was that this thing was not going to work for me and that I would be the only person that would fail at it, etc. Its a normal feeling.

I am also a slow loser. I will say this. Start exercising NOW!!! It will make a world of difference for you.

I was hungry too until I had some restriction. If you don't feel restriction, keep going back for another fill until you get restriction.

Good luck!

Hi,

I had surgery 7/1/08 and have had 4 fills (plus the 4cc he put in during surgery) and am now at 10cc in a 10cc band. I still am not restricted BUT I have lost about 78 pounds through Portion Control. I saw my surgeon yesterday for my 5th after-care visit and he said he wanted me to wait one more month because he "had me right about where you need to be". So I will go back on 1/22/09 and probably get a small fill. I don't exercise very much but I try to walk at least 15 min most every day and more if I can. Just hang in there.

Leigh

320/296/242/170

I am totally surprised at how nice you all are. I was so scared to post thinking people would start rip n me but I think I finally get it. You all know what I am going through!!! I finally have someone to talk to!! OK I have to admit, I hardly get any exercise.. I am so embarrassed. I have a treadmill at home in the garage that I guess I could pull out.. I was going to sell it.. lol

Holy moly I'm surprised you have had so many fills so quickly. I was banded a month before you and have and am not scheduled for the second fill until after Christmas. It's weird how each doctor has his own rules.

i got my band june 30th and have only had one fill my dr is conservative he said if you get your fills to fast it wont work and ive lost 30 pounds since surgeryand dr said im doing real good hopefully ill get a fill my appts on dec 23rd

I am totally surprised at how nice you all are. I was so scared to post thinking people would start rip n me but I think I finally get it. You all know what I am going through!!! I finally have someone to talk to!! OK I have to admit, I hardly get any exercise.. I am so embarrassed. I have a treadmill at home in the garage that I guess I could pull out.. I was going to sell it.. lol

HANG IN THERE! It gets MUCH better... I didn't have any restriction up until my last fill. And I told my fiance that if he sees me go to weigh myself more than 1x a week to hide the scale because I was becoming a lunatic.

And DON"T SELL YOUR TREADMILL!! I would KILL to have one at my house. We've been looking for one at a reasonable price because it is really hard for me to get to the gym (I work ALOT).

This site is a life-saver-- the journey is full of twists, turns, uphill and downhill battles-we're all here to help each other. And no one except a bandster can understand...