Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone please help me ,sniff sniff :(

Okay, I am going to be completely honest with you guys. I need help, bad. I got banded on last Thursday 12/11/08, today will be my one week. I followed the diet given by my Dr., in the beginning :huh2:, and two days ago, I was starving and had an emoitional break down and havent stopped since. On Tuesday, I started out with eating Soup, campbells brocoli cheese soup, probably half a cup, then Yesterday, it was like I went all out and had shrimp, and even a few bites of my kids chicken nuggets. Had shrimp again today, and alot. I didnt vomitt or have any problems, I do feel a tiny bit full, but not really when I eat. I feel so ashamed, I know I messed up big time, and I went off of my dr. diet to follow, I was supposed to do Clear Liquids first week, then second week, thicker liquids, then 3rd soft foods, then solids. So I went way off track, and I dont want to be like this any more, I need help, support, something. I feel hungry all the time for some reason, and I am scared I might have slipped my band. Could have I????????????? Should I just go back to liquids again for about a week or so??????

Call your surgeon and tell him what you've done. You won't feel restriction unless your band is tightened (filled) but it is entirely possible that you've torn loose the sutures holding your band in place. When we eat our stomachs move and churn to aid in digestion, which is why most surgeons require that we stick to liquids (which don't provoke the "churning" response) for a time.

I know there are posters who will pat your hand and send hugs. I am more a "tough love" type. I KNOW it's hard. I cried. I held a can of refried Beans and CRIED and I am not proud of that. BUT you have to get through. You need to check and make sure you haven't set yourself up for erosion and slippage, now or down the road.

We all my mistakes. The important thing is to get back on track. Start following your doctor's orders.

Please call your doctor and tell them about the hunger you are having. They might move you to the next phase. Increase your liquid Protein intake. Isopure fruit flavor drinks are great. And the have 40 grams of Protein. They help with the hunger.

Find a support group besides this forum. You need to talk to people in person if possible. People who have gone through the process.

Bandster Hell is not fun. It is really hard to deal with. Hang in there. You can make it, because we went through it too.

Good luck!

Get back on track, it's unlikely you slipped your band, but the healing you do NOW prevents you from slipping LATER.

It's very important to follow your doctor's diet, you absolutely need to go back on the diet immediately. Back to liquids. You can do it. Just remember, this is only a month of your life, you can tough it out for a month. This time next year, this will all be a distant memory and you'll have forgotten how rough it was.

I'm sorry that you are going through this, you really need to talk to someone, it honestly sounds like you were more emotional than hungry. You also need to tell your surgeon what happened because you could have done some damage. Or I would imagine you could have. At one week I couldn't even fathom eating anything, I was terrified to even eat what I was allowed. I'm 4 weeks out and I get full on 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, and I still haven't had a fill.

For most of us our emotions got us here. If we don't get them under control we've wasted our time, our families time, and our money. It's not fair to you to go through this. I really hope that you can find someone to help you out, I feel your pain. I think that most of us can. Hang in there, get back on track and call your doctor. Good luck, you can do this!

Thank you all for your responses!!!!!!! I am going to call my Dr. first thing in the A.M. and let him know what I have done. I talked with my mother in law, which had the band a few years ago, and she is also a RN, she stated the likely hood of me slipping my band is very unlikely due to me not vommiting or being in any pain at all, which made me feel a tiny bit better, but I am still upset. I have put it in my head, to do only liquids for two more additional weeks, starting today, since I scewed up. And I am gonna do this, I am. I want this so bad, and I will do this!!!!!! Thank you all, because I can get and need all the help I can.

Now that you are ready to get back on track - mashed potatoes and creamed Soups can be very filling during the mushy phase. Just make sure you continue to get those Protein Drinks in during this time. Good luck!

Also, fat free refried Beans and I added a bit of mild salsa, sour cream, and low fat Mexican cheese. Very yummy and filling. Personally, I think if you get back on track, you will probably be okay BUT should call your doctor to be safe.

Bless your heart! I have been in your shoes! I didn't have any restriction until my first fill. If you are throwing up or have pain, you should call your surgeon. I started eating mushy foods about the 4th day and had no problems. The first time I had any PB or anything was after my first "good fill".... My doc told me before he put the fill in, "your life is about to change!" And brother did he know what he was talking about! Important thing is to get back on track as quickly as possible! Good luck to you! And don't be too hard on yourself, we all know where you are coming from!

I agree you should let your dr. know. I was banded Wed the 17th and after 2 days liquid diet, have permission to eat mushy stuff... thinned cream of wheat, blended yogurt (all no fat/sugar) etc... I felt MUCH better getting 50 grams Protein daily!!!!

I was banded on 12-15-08. Everyhting went well. The only problem that I am having right now is I am so light-headed. It is aweful. Please someone give me advice or suggestions on what this truly is or if it will even pass?:tongue_smilie:

I was banded on 12-15-08. Everyhting went well. The only problem that I am having right now is I am so light-headed. It is aweful. Please someone give me advice or suggestions on what this truly is or if it will even pass?:tongue_smilie:

You need to drink more Protein - and make sure you are getting plenty of Fluid in.

You might still be ok, dont cry. My doctor only required 3 days of liquids and then 1 month of mushys. It is hard, we all know that.

Just get back on the band wagon. You dont have a fill yet, so you dont have any restriction. Thats why its called bandster's hell until you get to proper restriction.

I had sugar withdrawals. I was used to eating candy and Snacks that I stopped all the sudden when I was banded. Could this be what you feel like?? Headachy I remember for sure. I went thru sugar withdrawal for about 2 weeks.

I was told to sip liquids constantly when I was not sleeping or exercising the first two weeks. I was on a schedule of Protein Drink one hour then diluted juice then gatorade, etc,etc. There was really no way I could get hungry. Also, I could have Jello and popsicles so food was going in my mouth constantly!! On the fourth day I felt hunger so they had me start the cream Soups as often as I needed and they were very satisfying in very small amounts.