Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cloudy fluid at fill??? No Restriction??? Help

So I haven't had any restriction AT ALL for a couple of months now.

I am usually very sensitive to fills. Doc only gives me .5 cc and I have had to have 2 unfills in the past for being too tight from that little amount.

Now nothing. My last two fills were rather awkward and a bit painful. And he even put 1 cc each time. He had a hard time getting Fluid out to check and when he did, he said it was cloudy and replaced it with new. He couldn't really asnswer what would make this happen. He said maybe a kink in my tubing... but why would that make things cloudy???

I am certain something is going wrong here.

Any ideas or similar experiences????confused.gif

I'm sorry I can't help you but it sure doesn't sound good. Can you get a second opinion or call him back and make him probe more?

Ok don't be alarmed but I just got back today from getting a fill becasue I haven't had restriction or rather lost it within a month but we talked about this. When he pulled all my Fluid out to measure it he said great it's nice and clean I said what do you mean he said if you had a leak all the fluid would be cloudy and dirty meaning your band would have a leak I was confused at how any fluid can get "in" he said the only way is if you have a leak in your band will the fluid be dirty, Well since mine was clean that thought was tossed out my head. I would ask him point blank could that have meant a leak in your band?!?!?!?!??!

I so know that something is wrong... and what your doc says makes perfect sense since I have 6cc and last time he only pulled out 5cc. He said "sometimes some stays in there". I am so disappointed in him. I loved him up until this point.

Ok don't be alarmed but I just got back today from getting a fill becasue I haven't had restriction or rather lost it within a month but we talked about this. When he pulled all my Fluid out to measure it he said great it's nice and clean I said what do you mean he said if you had a leak all the Fluid would be cloudy and dirty meaning your band would have a leak I was confused at how any fluid can get "in" he said the only way is if you have a leak in your band will the fluid be dirty, Well since mine was clean that thought was tossed out my head. I would ask him point blank could that have meant a leak in your band?!?!?!?!??!

Thanks so much for your input!!!!