Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to your Bandiversary!

Yes, stress is a big trigger.. I remember one time I went to have Soup with my husband and he just said something upsetting and suddenly I couldn't eat, Soup got stuck and so it's to the point of hearing anything upsetting at all swells me up.

My poor friend still blames herself for all my band problems due to the fight, but it's not anybody's fault. The band just becomes like part of your stomach almost and it feels what you feel. I remember in highschool when me and my first true love John broke up I lost 15 lbs in a month because I just couldn't eat. And I had no band then as I was like 130 lbs or so. So, I know this is how my stomach was before getting the band.

But, I know I'll get back on track :thumbs_up: and just try to live a stress free life the best that I can.

Thanks for the encouragent and St. Louis gal, you are right. In the past I would have gained easily 10 lbs by now, but I haven't. Which really surprises me. There are positives to it all. And, I didn't gouge myself at xmas and thanksgiving either. I thought I would, but I didn't.

Hey, girls! Did you all think I disappeared? Well, I sort of did for a while. I've had a busy, busy life lately. My niece got married this past weekend, and I was the wedding planner/coordinator/caterer so life has been nuts lately. Now that it is over, I actually have time for myself now.

My bandiversary is coming up February 1. I have been at goal now for a couple of months. I'm wearing size 8 slacks and jeans, so I'm pretty happy with myself. I'm thinking of getting some things sucked/tucked/lifted, but that will be a while yet.

I did have a pretty rough band experience a few months ago that I would like to share. I actually got to the point that eating was so uncomfortable that sometimes it just wasn't worth the effort. At the time, I had 7.4 ccs in my 10 cc band. I thought tighter, tighter, tighter was the way to go. Well, guess what... I had a huge, ugly slip because my band was way too tight. My doctor had to take out half of the Fluid in my band for three weeks, and I had to go on liquids for a week. After the three weeks were up, he sent me for another barium swallow and, thank goodness, everything had gone back to normal. He and I were both afraid that the slip was so bad that it might require surgery to fix it. That would have been disasterous for me. Anyway, I got a little more fill put back in at the time, so now I'm at 4.5 cc, which is still practically no restriction at all. I will go for another fill next Friday, but he says I am never, ever to get so tight again. He told me he has hundreds of patients with the same 10 cc band that I have, and fewer than five have more than 6cc fill. I was really surprised at that. I had kind of begun to think of the pain of eating as my deterrent, but he has shown me that kind of thinking is wrong. If it is uncomfortable to eat, you need to get an unfill, something that I used to think was unthinkable. Believe me, this episode scared me so bad, that I will run for an unfill if I ever have pain like that again. Lesson learned!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I myself gained three pounds during the holidays, but now I'm back to my normal routine and have dropped it. Considering that I have no restriction, I didn't think that was too bad. I guess my band has taught me a few things.

Have a wonderful new year! I know I am!!!

Welcome back Kjeter! And yes, I wondered what happened to you as well as some of our other long-lost posters.

Congratulations at being at goal - YAHOO WOW :cool:

Your experience sounds horrible but enlightening; I'm glad you shared so that we all may keep it it in mind when we want 'more fill, please'.

Hope you keep in touch with us..

kjeter, its so nice to hear from you! Congrats big time on your goal! That is so fantastic... and I hope to be there this year. :cursing:

I hear you about being too tight. I'm not sure of my exact cc fills but I'm around 5cc in a 10cc band. I have really good restriction, and for a minute there felt I was a bit too tight. Eating hurt and I really don't want to be that tight. I haven't gone for a fill in almost 3 months now, but I do have an appt set for Feb. 20th. I guess that might just turn into my one year check in!

I'm doing really good since I've been checking in with everyone here. I fell off the wagon for awhile, but I think that is all behind me. I'm so glad!

Hello all,

I haven't been on the forum for awhile and I had forgotten how uplifting the forum is !!Especially Belladona23 I too have lost 40 lbs.My anniversary is 2/26/08.I hoped to have lost a lot more by now but am taking predisone that slows me down.

Just wanted to say hello and thanks.

jaunderwood

Wow janderwood! You've done fantastic, especially considering you're fighting the prednisone beast. My hubby is on a steroid called dechadron and he eats like a fiend. I don't always get the eating frenzy when I take prednisone but when I do it's like an all out food-a-thon. Keep staying strong. You're definitely doing the right thing.