Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to your Bandiversary!

First, Happy New Year to all! :w00t:

Ah, the big "bandiversary", it's so amazing to me that I've come this far. This time last year, I was worried about the fast approaching surgery date. It seems like just yesterday!

I don't think I'm going to set a goal weight for my bandiversary, mostly for the same reasons as Ezma. I'm gonna do the same things - keep up my daily exercise, TRY and keep my calories below 1200, and (one of my New Year's resolutions) to join a fitness program -probably Curves, there's one so close to my home, so I have no excuse not to.

(Downer alert, I apologize) Sadly, right now, of the entire year of having my band, is my lowest point. I feel awful and I'm in tears over this "tool" for the first time. I know I shouldn't, but I'm beginning to feel like I failed at this. Yes, I've lost some good weight, and I'm happy about that. But I'm also in danger of gaining it all back. The reason? I have not now, nor really ever, found that freakin' elusive SWEET SPOT. If I have a goal for my bandiversary, it would be to have some good restriction, so I'm not hungry anymore. My strength and will power are sinking.

I've had some problems in the last two months - when I hit 6cc's in my band, I was too tight, and ended up in the emergency room unable to swallow, and I was vomiting. All 6 cc's were removed, to let my stomach rest. Over the next two office visits with my surgeon, he put back 3cc's, then 1.75 cc's (the second fill I think he was going slow, knowing that I seem to be sensitive with the fills). Then I messed this up, by getting a piece of turkey stuck on Christmas Day (of all days). I stayed stuck for 2 hours, the pain was awful. And I've eaten turkey so many times before, I know better to take small bites and chew thoroughly. (sigh) I made a mistake and swallowed to soon. The problem, after the turkey became unstuck, I continued to vomit all night long. I couldn't stop. I know this is bad for the band, so once again, I'm off to the ER. Some IV fluids and some IV anti-nausea medication later, I finally feel better. Still, when my surgeon got to the hospital that morning, he came to the ER and removed 2 more cc's of Fluid.

So . . . I'm approaching my bandiversary, I have no restriction, and maybe about 2.75 cc's in my band. I know bad times and complications happen with this band, I didn't go into this surgery blind, I did my homework. I guess you really don't know how hard it all can be until you experience it. :)

Thanks for letting me vent girlfriends, and I'm sorry this is so long. My problems haven't been eating or exercise, if it were, I would not have lost any weight. My problem is - I just can't seem to get in sync with my lap-band. I want my band to help me out a bit more. I'm tired of the hunger pangs. My husband says I should "just go ahead and eat", but I'm afraid. I desperately don't want to gain anything back. I'm scared that if I start doing that, it'll all come back, like so many times before. Maybe that's an irrational thought, but that fear has been ingrained into my brain for most of my life, it's hard to let go of it now. I did good over the holidays, I maintained my weight. I'm trying to focus on the positives like that, it's just hard right now. I want to lose the rest of the weight I need to.

(((deep breath)))... ok, still swimming and never giving up, it's just very tough. The uphill swimming is wearing me out. I need some motivation, a kick in the behind, a smack upside the head, or whatever it takes to get me in gear again. :confused:

Good luck to everyone on reaching your bandiversary goals! I know you can do it. Shinyhappymommy, congratz on losing 100 pounds! :cursing: Awesome work, and it gives me some hope that I will get there too. :tt2: Right now I'm just hoping I'll make that goal sometime in the upcoming year.

Lori - great post! I think you touched on what alot of us are going through. The lap band is an awesome tool, but that is all it is... a tool. Yeah, some of are sick of hearing that - but you truly never can understand the value of that statement unless you are going through it.

Anyway, I am back on track and back into the 240's (again)... whew! Keep up the great work VV's. WE CAN DO THIS!! Let this be the year where we ALL reach our goals.

xoxo

Rhapsody....what a trying time you have been having. I'm sorry for that; it is a downer when things don't go as smoothly as we hope.

I gained weight this last moth - I can't say it was Christmas; I started in early Dec...I just got into a funk; Xmas celebrations just made it worse...or rather, my response to the celebrations just made it worse! Oh well, time to start anew!

No new resolutions - just want to keep doing what I was doing from Feb to end of November: exercise a minimum of 4X/week; watch the food intake; drink Water.

Thanks for the nice comments girlfriends, it's soooo nice to have a place to come to, and spill your feelings and have people understand what you're going through. I mean, yes that's what this forum is for . . . but it just feels so much more cozy here in the double v's forum. (((warm hugs))) all.

It was good to write that post above out, I am feeling better. I guess it's true what they say about writing out your feelings. I've been staying on plan so far! Fighting the hunger, but keeping the calories below 1200 and exercising. Just hanging in there, I have a fill appointment coming up next Wednesday. :thumbup:

Let's keep reaching for those goals! We can all do this :thumbup:

Great to hear Rhapsody!

I guess I just have to get a fill...it certainly wasn't in this month's budget, but it is needed.

Let's hope that, plus my renewed committment to following the rules puts me back on track. I really want to make goal this year.

I know you can do it Tap. I've seen you tame the nut habit better than any other. You just needed to get through the funk stage. I think you're there or very close now. I can hear it in your posts. I think I'm there too so I'll help keep you motivated to the best of my abilities. You're the best! Thanks for getting us all going again. I love having all of you guys to talk to about this lovely journey we're on. Thanks.

I don't have a specific goal for my Bandiversary. But I do have a celebration!

A friend of mine is turning 40 and wanted to go on a cruisefor her birthday. So I will be celebrating my Bandiversary on a cruise that goes to Jamacia, Mexico, Grand Caymen and Haiti.

My goal is to feel good about my body, even though it isn't perfect yet. I've lost 50 pounds and have 50 left to lose.

My goal at surgery was to lose 100 pounds by the anniversary of the start of my preop diet, which was Feb. 1. I have just four weeks left and 8 pounds to go. I've been at the same weight for the past few weeks, so I'm really pushing myself. I have to do it. I've never hit a weight loss goal in my life, so I'm so excited to be so close to this one. We can do it!! We need to kick it in to high gear, but we can do it!

Yes we can definitely do it! I really want to hit goal this year, and I have renewed my passion for it... :wink_smile:

I made a New Year's Resolution with myself that I am no longer going to eat any type of chips, full fat or full sugar Ice-cream, or any types of pastries. Ever. Period. End of Story. Well today is day 5 and so far so good.

I cannot eat these foods, because they are sliders and I never get full on them, they are loaded with everything I do not need and they are preventing me from losing and helped in the weight gain I experienced. I am now 244 (again) so I am right now at the goal I originally intended for myself. I now have a new goal to get back to 239 by my Bandiversary.

Good luck all!!

I'm in the same situation as Rhapsody.

I was doing so awesome with this lapband.. but I had actually found my sweetspot and then me and one of my best friends got into a horrible fight that lasted a week. We had never had something like this happen before and it stressed me out so bad that my band reacted. I couldn't eat, I got week, my band closed up. From then on my band has never been the same again.

A week before Thanksgiving I had to have half of my entire fill taken out and they have slowly been adding it back, but I'm still wide open and can eat whatever, whenever.

I haven't lost a single pound in two months, but thankfully I've only gained two pounds.

It has been very depressing as now I think I'm the lowest losing VV on here.

But it's like I've forgotten all the stuff I use to eat or something. I don't eat fast food or anything like that, but like with salads, I've been drenching them with ranch, and when I ate tuna and whole wheat crackers, I'd only eat 4 crackers and now I eat like 10 or more!

On the 21st I'm getting another fill and my biggest fear is that I won't be able to reach a good restriction or that my body just doesn't agree with the lapband anymore.

On the 21st I'm getting another fill and my biggest fear is that I won't be able to reach a good restriction or that my body just doesn't agree with the lapband anymore.

CC- don't go borrowing trouble! If stress is a trigger (as it seems to be for you), even thinking these things is setting yourself up to be in a stressful situation, and therefore sa elf-fulfilling prophecy.

welcome the fill belive it will be as effective as before.

Hang in there Crystal. Look at the positive, you have only gained two pounds. :thumbs_up: How much would you have gained in the same situation pre-band? I could pack on 10 pounds in three days before I got my band. Troubles with friends are the most stressful. Be good to yourself and get back on track. Another fill will help and you will get back where you want to be quickly.

I have found that my weight loss has slowed a lot and I have been bouncing the same three or four pounds around for about two months, but hey, you know, I am in a whole different place than I was a year ago. Even if I don't lose another pound I am happy where I am. (I still plan to lose some more though)