Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January '09 banders

This is my first post. I'm having a vena cava filter inserted on 1/9, then banding on 1/12. I'm more scared of the filter than the banding. Anyone had to have this? It's to prevent a pulmonary embolism (I developed DVTs after knee surgery 2 years ago and have permanent vein damage, making me at-risk for additional blood clots).

I'm almost half-way through my pre-op diet: 4 200-calorie Protein shakes a day, coffee, tea, Water, Crystal Light, sugar-free Jello.

It's been SO tough... I'm so hungry! But I'm committed to doing this and being ready on the 12th. My husband is so supportive, and has taken over food shopping and preparation. Whew!

The vena cava filter isn't as bad as you think Teri. I'm a previous DVT patient as well. <HUG> You'll do fine. Yes, that pre-op diet is a royal pain, but bear up as best you can. Believe me, I walked into the hospital starving and walked out in wonderment. Yes, food still smells good and I remember the tastes, but I'm not hungry. Not a bit. I helped prepare dinner for my DH and roomie last night, and didn't care that I wouldn't have any. A tiny lick off my thumb from a splash of sauce was more than enough. Amazing!

Lena

Hello All

This is my second post and I am scheduled to be banded on January 8th. So I am in the middle of my pre surgery diet. I want to say that it is so wonderful to have a community to support this process. ALthough nothing takes the place of my support system here at home. They are all so wonderful.

What poeple have shared here has been so very helpful. It was nice to see that others are so hungry! I am starving but commited and know this all will pass. But heck this is hard! It should be

I wish everyone strength to get through this and if you need help its nice to know we are all just a click away.

All the best

Edited by kelsiejoy
spelling error

Hey Teri! Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. I don't know anything at all about the other procedure. Sorry. :thumbup:

Hey LowFatButStill2Sweet, How are you doing. I know you had your surgery last Friday and I was praying for you and everyone else. I am getting my band on Thursday and just wonder how it went :cry_smile:. Tell us please! :)

I'm on my 3rd day pre-op diet. The first night I was so hungry i woke about every hour. Now it seems I've settled in and should be good to go on 1/15. The support is great here and has helped me through the process. I suffer from chronic back pain so I am never busy, but I can always stop by here when I get too hungry and look at all the people trying so hard and losing so much. Here's wishing you to look fine, in '09!!!!

Hello All

This is my second post and I am scheduled to be banded on January 8th. So I am in the middle of my pre surgery diet. I want to say that it is so wonderful to have a community to support this process. ALthough nothing takes the place of my support system here at home. They are all so wonderful.

What poeple have shared here has been so very helpful. It was nice to see that others are so hungry! I am starving but commited and know this all will pass. But heck this is hard! It should be

I wish everyone strength to get through this and if you need help its nice to know we are all just a click away.

All the best

Hey LowFatButStill2Sweet, How are you doing. I know you had your surgery last Friday and I was praying for you and everyone else. I am getting my band on Thursday and just wonder how it went :mellow:. Tell us please! :thumbup:

LFBS2S came through just fine. LOL! We met up in the hospital in the surgical prep area. What a coincidence, huh? You know, she's even prettier than than her avatar picture. :)

I"m not LFBS2S, but I can answer questions if you wish.

Lena

On day eight of ten day pre-op diet. Clear fluids only. Aaarrghhh!

Okay, so if I chew up some food and spit it out will that be considered cheating??? What about just licking a block of cheese for a few minutes? Just kidding...kind of. Pre-op diet is torture, especially when you walk in on your metabolically gifted husband munching on one of the many fried cheese sticks he has piled in front of him. Tomorrow's Headline - "Starved Woman Decapitates Husband with Cheese Stick!"

I bet I could plead insanity.

:)

Girl, You are so right!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had my last fried food and mac and cheese. This is going to be so hard. We both maybe in the headlines for something if we don't get some help from these guys. I am starting my liquid diet tomorrow so I can shrink my liver and what ever else needs to do the shrinking thing. I am also trying to make a list of things to have on hand for surgery and after surgery.

Edited by Carolina Mom
not finished

I'm on my 3rd day pre-op diet. The first night I was so hungry i woke about every hour. Now it seems I've settled in and should be good to go on 1/15. The support is great here and has helped me through the process. I suffer from chronic back pain so I am never busy, but I can always stop by here when I get too hungry and look at all the people trying so hard and losing so much. Here's wishing you to look fine, in '09!!!!

Today is day 5 so I feel at least I am on the down swing and it has gotten easier. My husband has been really good at closet eating. I bearly know when he is eating and my friends at a gathering over the weekence were amazing. At a normal event there is food and booze everywhere. I was neverous going but there was nothing with in sight . And I never saw anyone eat anything. Later I learned when I was in another room they passed the Snacks and I never was the wiser. It was really great to have a night with my friends and feel so supported. I can not expect them not to eat, I have a great group in my corner.

I know we can all do this, for me I keep thinking there is not way I want to have the surgery and wake up not banded. I would be crushed. That is what keeps me from cheating.

Todays challenge work, why do people eat at their desk instead of the many areas available to? I might beat some one with a fork if they have something that smells good. Watch for the headlines, pre op fattie beats co worker for sandwhich..... LOL

Have a great day all

Y'all are cracking me up. You're better than some of the comedy routines on TV.

Lena

Thinking of all the January banders! I have my surgery a week from today, and am so excited! It has been a long journey - nearly 18 months to get to this point! The preop diet is very motivation, and I am down 11 lbs since last Monday!

Hoping everyone is doing well !

Hello January Banders!! I'm not sure whether I'll be a January or February (my BD month) but I thought I'd say Hi anyway and send my best wishes to all of you!!

I just received my tentative date (assuming insurance approval). It's Jan 27th. I've gone thru 6 months of dietician apointments, a sleep study, and psych eval, now I'm ready. It's very exciting!!