Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know people have talked about it...

Nioxin, it really works. but you need to use it consistantly. here is a link to their website but you can buy their products at most beauty stores.

www.nioxin.com

I had TWO surgeries in August so I understand! I lost mine right away and have kept on until the last week or so, when it stopped. People "swear by" many remedies...enough Protein, taking BIOXIN, etc. I don't know if any of them work. I know that my surgeon warned about this in the seminar. He said that, for his practice, supplements etc don't seem to help. (We are to take a good multi Vitamin and Calcium supplements, fairly standard, I think) He said that it happens to almost (but not) everyone, is usually over in 3-6 months, and none of his patients "needed" a wig.

It was scary losing it, I admit. But my hairdresser kept telling me I was still fine and I guess I am! I'm pretty much back to normal now.

So I say, hang in there. Doc said he thinks it is from the trauma of the surgery ... it goes away! :blushing:

I am going through the same thing! And, it sucks. I just cut my hair shorter to try and hide the thinning but it's quite ridiculous. I am about 5 months out from my surgery and lost about 60 pounds. I did slack off on my Protein a bit. My doc says he wants me back up to 90 grams of protein a day. I do take my multi Vitamin and my Calcium. The girl who cut my hair did reccommend the nioxin Shampoo, but it's $40. I'd rather spend that on Protein Powder. Again, does any of this work?

My nutritionist told me that once I start feeling the restriction and am not able to eat alot of Protein, to make sure I get at least 30 grams from Protein Drinks a day in addition to the food.< /p>

I've been diligent about my Protein intake, and I still am dealing with some thinning. I just try to stay positive and remember it's only temporary.

I too was losing my hair. I started taking 2000 mg Biotin daily and using a Biotin Shampoo and conditioner I got from GNC. The shampoo and conditioner are $10 total. I take the biotin daily but use the shampoo and conditioner every other day.

I am now definitely seeing new Hair growth. My daughter told me I had split ends when I had my hair pulled back but it is actually the new, shorter hair coming back in.

I'd say it took about 2 months to see the growth and notice a lot less hair in the brush.

Oh, I also didn't change the amount of Protein I was already taking in. I do drink a Protein Drink every morning and try to focus on Protein with meals. I do believe that regardless of how many grams of protein I'm taking in now, it is way more than I was taking in before surgery.

Sometimes the Hair loss is from the shock of the surgery to your body and the weight loss.

Take heart, it will slow down and grow back :thumbup:

I too was losing my hair. I started taking 2000 mg Biotin daily and using a Biotin Shampoo and conditioner I got from GNC. The shampoo and conditioner are $10 total. I take the biotin daily but use the shampoo and conditioner every other day.

I am now definitely seeing new Hair growth. My daughter told me I had split ends when I had my hair pulled back but it is actually the new, shorter hair coming back in.

I'd say it took about 2 months to see the growth and notice a lot less hair in the brush.

Oh, I also didn't change the amount of Protein I was already taking in. I do drink a Protein Drink every morning and try to focus on Protein with meals. I do believe that regardless of how many grams of protein I'm taking in now, it is way more than I was taking in before surgery.

Sometimes the Hair loss is from the shock of the surgery to your body and the weight loss.

Take heart, it will slow down and grow back :shades_smile:

Where do you get Biotin?