Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

299.5~My Journey

Just back from the gym:thumbup: I really only have two speeds 125 mph and 0. Like I don't do shades of grey my view on life is very black or white...like Spiderman said that is my gift and my curse. It makes me very on point in my life but things like weight loss you need to enjoy the shades of grey and to be forgiving to yourself. I am working on that.

I did 2 classes Saturday and 2 today plus the eliptical:w00t: too much I know but it was a good workout.

I cut back on food, watchng calories, drinking shakes and lots of Water.

My friend and I hit up Coscto and I got fuze drinks, Water, 100% fruit juice boxes and calcuim chews. I did order my Kit it has multivitams, protien, and clacium for the first month that ran me about 100 dollars. I ordered unjury 2 big ones chocolate and unflavored and some samples of strawberry and vanilla to try them out.

That's all for now!:)

Well back from the gym. I went to Walmart to get a few more items from the list I posted. I was debating my gym time since the spin class is later so I went after Walmart and did 45 mins on the eliptical get it out of the way. I am mostly resting until later and doing laundry and cleaning up since the parental units :biggrin:will be here in 10 days. Geeeshhh time is flying by! I still don't feel weird or nervous not sure why but I guess it will sink in sooner or later. I have a hernia and I have seen a few more blogs and vlogs with info on that duo procedure. I'll just be glad to move foward. I found some old pics and I just shook my head I feel like I wasted so must of my life being obese I am just glad that it didn't hold me back fom my other goals and dreams. But I am just ready to not be this size anymore, be tired any more, have joint pain anymore, self image issuses anymore...:)

Product Review-

Protein is so important I have been looking for creative ways to get the 60 gms in while enjoying it.

I found a whey Protein mix-in packet Designer whey

Designer whey isolate 2go Orange Mango. It has 10 gms of protein it taste good and is 50 calories:thumbup:

Designer Whey Isolate 2go Orange Mango by Designer Whey - VitaminShoppe.com

:thumbup: How's everyone? Good I hope! I made it to the gym on Tuesday after my follow up blood work at the hospital then home to watch Obama well him and the Mrs. she is so fly:thumbup: I want to be grown like that at 45!!!:smile:

I was a lil po'ed today.. the one friend I told about my surgery I am 90% sure told another friend we have in common. :) She really just asked me what I decided to do about lapband b/c I mentioned it to her like last year and about my father taking to me about wls.

I am po'ed about the way she did it... b/c it was more so to let me know he told her. In all my years of this weight loss journey SHE HAS NEVER ASKED ME ANYTHING..EVER...about losing weight never offered support or anything. Not in a bad way but its just not a topic we really get into. I think that is what has me upset b/c it wasn't a sincere thing. I eventually wrote her back (it was via email) telling her I am having it done same time as the henia next week. She wrote back saying ok good and dont be super woman have support there. That was even more proof he told her b/c I really only told him b/c I needed a ride home and he's the one tht suggested I ask my Mom to come.

The deal is I don't feel ashamed but I dont want to broadcast it either mainly b/c I am just getting to the point of accepting that I need such drastic help. I am very independent and this still feels like giving up in order to get what I really want... if that makes sense. I've come to peace with my choice b/c ultimately my goals are to lose the weight and be healthier and I can't get it done without a real tool like surgery... I've tried and have good outcomes but they did not last. :) I need help but it just bothered me that he told her. I called him and asked him if he said anything to her... he asked why am I asking that:glare: I said well she made a comment that made wonder and I've only told him and my mom, dad and sister sooooo.... He said no he didn't. But I really didnt even have to ask...

Anyhoo... tick tock. Still not feel nervous I did look at hernia surgeries on youtube not cute but a pretty basic...

Well less than a week to go! Yesterday I found out my therapist didn't send in my letter:cursing: I meannn I say her th evening before and she was the one saying oh its only a week away! A/w she got it done:cursing::lol::thumbdown: But I did call the Dr.'s office on Monday to check to make sure they had everything and I was brushed off by the peson who anwered the phone :mad: I don't like last minute. I have BCBS and this year it has been changed and they need pre-certification before approval so waiting till the week before seems slacker-ish to me but whatever.

I ordered the book Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band it finally came yesterday I am going to read it cover to cover.

I am down about 6 pounds but now I caught a horrible cold:frown: and skipped the gym this morning I must go and workout though. I plan to go tomorrow to after church and before some volunteering I need to get done.

Hope all is well!:lol:

Whyyy am I sick :thumbup: I take a communter bus to work and someone was coughing on Thursday it was just a sore throat and now I nose is stuffed up beyond belief:frown::party: I found some new vblogs and two other people had colds and it didnt delay the surgery. I am trying to take everything I can to clear it up by Tuesday I am already going to be in hot Water for not following the preop diet I was really hoping to get a few more good workouts but I can barely breathe :w00t::cheers2: Oh well I am going back to church its been a longggggg time but its time.

Well I am finally back from Pre-op. It went well I lost the 10 pounds!!!:cursing::thumbup: Right on the nosethank God! I had to give more blood, reviewed my cat scan its not a hiatal hernia its another kind I told her to leave it she said there is a great posibility that beacuse it is big nothing will get caught in there its the small ones doctors worry about. So she claimssss the pain will be very slight I till made her give me an Rx for pain meds.

All my labs look good and my blood pressure was actually very low:thumbup:

Still not nervous or scared so I guess thats good!:tongue:

LastOption,

Glad to see that you are totally focused. I understand what you mean when you said, I feel kind like I am going thru the motions regarding surgery its weird I am not nervous or scared or happy or sad I am just going thru the motions.

Did any of you ever feel that way? redface.gif

I didn't feel nervous or scared until the day of my surgery, when I was walking to my room:scared2: :cursing:. My boyfriend held my hand, and we prayed, and then I felt better:thumbup:. On the second night after my surgery, I woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain that I woke up crying :mellow: . That was the only bad day that I really had.

I have lost now a total of 18 lbs and have had 1 fill 3cc's. This has been a discovery of me, people around me and and life in general. I wish you ALL THE BEST in your journey. Take your time in the healing process :tongue:.

LastOption,

Glad to see that you are totally focused. I understand what you mean when you said, I feel kind like I am going thru the motions regarding surgery its weird I am not nervous or scared or happy or sad I am just going thru the motions.

Did any of you ever feel that way? redface.gif

I didn't feel nervous or scared until the day of my surgery, when I was walking to my room:scared2: :scared:. My boyfriend held my hand, and we prayed, and then I felt better:thumbup:. On the second night after my surgery, I woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain that I woke up crying :hurt: . That was the only bad day that I really had.

I have lost now a total of 18 lbs and have had 1 fill 3cc's. This has been a discovery of me, people around me and and life in general. I wish you ALL THE BEST in your journey. Take your time in the healing process :cool2:.

Thanks so much!!! I will check in asap! Congrats on the 18 pounds!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

We share the same date!! I began my pre-op diet today and those Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers would have been nice today... :scared: good luck and stay positive! You're doing great!

Hey Kris Praying for you! Please check in when you can!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Well I could have sworn I posted someting yesterday via my cell phone but maybe t didnt go through. The surgery went very well I really havent had any pain some discomfort and thats about it:biggrin: Feeling good, walking, drinking, and taking vitamins!

Well its day 3 and I am still doing well. No real pain some discomfort when I lay down b/c of the wounds on my belly but nothing t write home about. Had a b.m. and I am keeping up with the liquids so all is well!

Wellllll day 4 humm hummhummm Unjury Protien shakes taste great lol

I am having so issues viewing some post on my laptop and i have no idea why..:( it must be my settings! A/w thanks for the prayers and well wishes I am feeling great but now I am having port site pain from what I read is normal. A/w going to do some shopping at Walmart and head to the airport and drop my Mom off.

I am off all week but I can how people can go back to work after 3-4 days :(

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are starting to feell better. Try and take it easy take advantage of this time off and get some rest. Give yourself time to heal.

What flavor Unjury shakes are you drinking? I had them all van, choc and straw. I actually liked the van and choc better. I actually still have some I drink it when I go in for a fill since I'm on liquids for a couple days after. Have you tried the chicken flavor. It isn't too bad if you mix it with chicken broth instead of Water. Only problem is that you have to have luke warm broth which is a bother.

Do you know what band you received. Was it Lapband or Realize?

Keep us posted on how you are doing.