Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thing has been the worst thing i ever wasted money on

Wallisj- I would like to strongly encourage you to see your primary physician or OB. sleeping for 12 hours and yet not feeling rested means something is wrong. Can depression do that? Yes, but so can a host of other conditions that are not mental health issues. I agree that an unfill can give your body (and mind) the break it needs from this additional stressor. Perhaps after you are better, you can have a fill and reclaim this journey. Best wishes and keep us posted.

Not so long ago i had a full blood work done to test for a series of problems and came back clear on everything.

Depression .... maybe

Anyway ... update as of 22nd December...

Went to see my band doctor and they basically said that they couldnt find my fill record and therefore felt i was probabily suffering more than i should and therefore should more or less start again by having an empty ... it would also allow them to know how much actually was in there...

Well.... 6.7cc (in an 11cm band) extraction later and i feel 100% different.

I ate xmas lunch ... i went out to some friends and enjoyed a few buffet items...

food has never tasted so good but i am concious to try and not go wild and just eat for eatings sake....

My doctor wants me to have an x-ray but wants to charge £250 for it ... with travel on top that makes it £300 and so close following xmas i don't have it free so i might have to delay ... this was after they originally just wanted to do a free-fill on the 12th jan.

They said they wanted to check the positioning of the band and other things before they fill ... i guess they're being genuine but i don't have the cash this month so it will have to wait until feb.

THanks for the ongoing support ... happy new year folks.

Jamie

Wallis

I think you are right in getting an unfill. Give yourself time to reflect on the band and just see what normal is for you now. After awhile you can see if you still want to work WITH it. You have the ability to start again. I know everytime I eat to fast, to much I do regret it. But I overall am happy with what the band and I have done together.

J, I am glad you posted! I think all of us at one time or another have wondered if we made the right decision! I am for the most part, really happy with my band, but I too have days when it is fickle and won't allow me to eat (which probably is a really good thing since I tend to overeat during stressful times!).. Sounds like you might be back on the right track! Don't give up on YOURSELF, even if you decide to give up on the band! Good luck and God Bless!

Wallisj, Hang in there.You have had a baby and should have gained some wt. That's OK. If your doctor approves, start on the fills, again. You haven't had a chance, yet. Even before WLS, I too had a baby. one of the few times I wasn't told to lose wt. at the Doctor's office. After the baby, I was exhausted- with the baby, house, DH, and work - all the time. It will gets better as the baby gets older but by the time mine was 2yo, they put me on an antidepressant- I was so exhausted; couldn't remember the doctor's name.

it is important to concentrate on you . And what you need. Do get some rest. and chat here

Have you had some blood work lately?

I thought I was always tired due to sleep apnea... and then in my pre-op testing, it was discovered I also was anemic. Once I got some help to correct that, I felt so much less exhausted. The member above who suggested you see your regular doctor or OB made a good point.

It's funny, reading the responses brings me to the thought, "The grass is always greener on the other side." I know that I am someone who always feels like everyone else in the world is having an easier time than I am. How do we overcome that feeling? I'm so glad that you spoke up here so that maybe you can see that you are not alone, and this frustration doesn't have to be the end of it all...or a permanent condition. Sometimes we just have to vent and work out our thoughts out loud.

I hope you will get some relief and an opportunity to feel renewed and refreshed. Please keep visiting, if it helps you. You don't realize it, but your posts also help others, so you are valuable.

I wish you lots of success and resolution to your struggles!!

Congratulations on the new baby!!

Goals: 10 lbs at a time until I get to my ultimate goal, which is not a number... but a feeling. :w00t:

I LOVE THIS!! This is what I want too but did not have the words till now. THANK YOU! what a HEALTHY way to look at this!!

And to the dear woman who is struggling with her band. I am soooooo sorry you have had such a difficult time and so glad you were able to get it emptied. I am sending you positive thoughts and angels wings that you will find Hope and Healing. bE gentle WITH YOU TODAY, Dyanna

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

Even with the occasional periods of "NOW what?" I find the worst postOp day I've had better than the best preOp day of the preceding 10 years.

I Celebrate four years postOp in a few days. I remain "30#" from my goal.

Some days I can eat certain things, and some days not. So what? I find something that I *can* eat, and keep track of my progress (slow) and my goals (stay off insulin, keep my A1c down, don't blow my eye condition back into critical status via over eating, don't go back on CPAP, etc etc).

I find the old Marine Corps saying helpful:

Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

There is either success or failure. I have control of moving toward my goal or lamenting my plight. I spent too many decades being controlled by the demands of my Hunger Dragons, and they did not treat me very well.

Now with the Band *I* am in control MOST of the time....and that has led to a better life.

Each day requires I meet it with all my attention, intention and aspiration....

A few times I did traumatize my Os enough I had to be slightly un-filled. Once it took nearly 4 months to return to my New Normal. So what ELSE am I doing, other than finding how to move away from my old Dark Ways and toward the Light?

Good luck on your journey.

What does traumatize youre O's mean?

Marries, it isn't O's it is Os and means opening (or mouth) for example it is the opening that the band leaves as restriction is gained the os gets smaller. She irritated her stomach opening (Os) and had to get an unfill for it to rest. Some ppl call it a stoma, too.

Mimi

I realized it didnt say O's after I had already sent it. But I still wouldnt have known what it meant so thank you for the explanation!

J.,

I'm so sorry you're struggling. I'm almost 3 years post band, and it sounds to me like you might be a little overfilled. I know when I was overfilled in addition to coughing at night I would have days I couldn't eat, and days that felt fine. Having a 1-2cc unfill solved the problem. I still have help from the band, but no issues.

~Lori

J.,

I'm so sorry you're struggling. I'm almost 3 years post band, and it sounds to me like you might be a little overfilled. I know when I was overfilled in addition to coughing at night I would have days I couldn't eat, and days that felt fine. Having a 1-2cc unfill solved the problem. I still have help from the band, but no issues.

~Lori

This intrigued me.. and I have been wondering about it.. I am 13 months post band... I have very FEW TIMES I can eat anything (I know my band is a little too tight, but I am trying to wait it out)... My question is regarding your statement, "still have help from the band, but no issues." Does that mean your band is helping you maintain but you do not have issues with it such as PB or the "coughing spells" anymore? I believe I can hang in there as long as I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Lol!

Hi Debbie,

No coughing spells, and the only time I PB is if I'm really dehydrated because I swell then. Other than that I can eat anything I want, just in a reasonable quantity. I'm about 2 1/2 almost 3 years out.

One thing, if you know you are overfilled, I would get a slight unfill. I found when I did that my weight loss picked up. You can eat healthier options (like chicken and veggies). When I was super tight I tended to eat slippery things which are generally higher calorie. Also, I've read that being too tight is one of the key causes for slips...

~Lori

I loved what you said. Keep up the positive thoughts and maybe they will spread to others....I hope! I am getting my band in eight days, and I am very nervous and excited all at the same time! Congrats on the new little one. Your first?

Hi Debbie,

No coughing spells, and the only time I PB is if I'm really dehydrated because I swell then. Other than that I can eat anything I want, just in a reasonable quantity. I'm about 2 1/2 almost 3 years out.

One thing, if you know you are overfilled, I would get a slight unfill. I found when I did that my weight loss picked up. You can eat healthier options (like chicken and veggies). When I was super tight I tended to eat slippery things which are generally higher calorie. Also, I've read that being too tight is one of the key causes for slips...

~Lori

Thanks for the reply... The problem I have about getting an "unfill" is that I travel 3 hours one way to my doc... also, I am self pay, and have to pay for the "unfill" as well.. I am finally getting back to my "sweet spot" after toughing it out for a few weeks... I too have the PB when I am dehydrated, but I guess I didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize that is what caused it.. Thanks for the info!