Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too Tight?

I now have 8 cc's in a 14cc band. Does anyone else have this much? I have been eating puree Soup for 7 days now. I have never considered being too tight.

I have 7cc in a 14cc band, I don't think that mine is too tight. I do not have the restriction that I think I should have.

Are you only eating puree Soup because that is all you can eat??

I haven't been able to eat anything else by pureed Soups. Not even fruit or chili.

When I was at 7.5 cc's I was able to eat a Big Mac without problem. Things were a little better yesterday, I did have some Dixie Chili with onions at home and cheese and crackers worked. It was the first bit of solid food in 7 days.

I had oatmeal today and it was fine. The fourth day after being filled I had some ham and tomatoes that worked fine, then all of the sudden the next day and for the next 7 days it was aweful. Hopefully it will continue to get better. I want to be as tight as possible and I don't want to be able to eat sandwiches. I hadn't ordered McDonalds in 11 months and didn't expect it to work. I know I have the choice to make about what I try and do not try. I shouldn't have tried it in the first place.

I just had my third fill last wednesday and have a 7.3 cc restriction level. I am still able to eat alot of what I want. I am afraid of the foods that typically get stuck so I stay away from them. But, then I start to struggle with the foods that got me like this....the sugary sweet ones that go down great. I am not beating up on myself, my mom just died last month and I see the strong need for fooooooood, but I am getting a little impatient, I was banded on 9/16/08 and have only lost about 25 pounds. It is just a tool, but this sugar addiction is the worse.

Sorry to get off the topic, but it does seem that different levels of restriction work differently for different people. Of course with 7.3 cc's I do feel fuller faster and really tight and sick if I overeat.

I haven't been able to eat anything else by pureed Soups. Not even fruit or chili.

When I was at 7.5 cc's I was able to eat a Big Mac without problem. Things were a little better yesterday, I did have some Dixie Chili with onions at home and cheese and crackers worked. It was the first bit of solid food in 7 days.

I had oatmeal today and it was fine. The fourth day after being filled I had some ham and tomatoes that worked fine, then all of the sudden the next day and for the next 7 days it was aweful. Hopefully it will continue to get better. I want to be as tight as possible and I don't want to be able to eat sandwiches. I hadn't ordered McDonalds in 11 months and didn't expect it to work. I know I have the choice to make about what I try and do not try. I shouldn't have tried it in the first place.

Jules- you sound fine to me. In fact if you can eat chili and crackers but not sandwiches, I'd be happy with that restriction.

Sadie

I just had my third fill last wednesday and have a 7.3 cc restriction level. I am still able to eat alot of what I want. I am afraid of the foods that typically get stuck so I stay away from them. But, then I start to struggle with the foods that got me like this....the sugary sweet ones that go down great. I am not beating up on myself, my mom just died last month and I see the strong need for fooooooood, but I am getting a little impatient, I was banded on 9/16/08 and have only lost about 25 pounds. It is just a tool, but this sugar addiction is the worse.

Sorry to get off the topic, but it does seem that different levels of restriction work differently for different people. Of course with 7.3 cc's I do feel fuller faster and really tight and sick if I overeat.

Sugar is the death of weight loss with the band. I gained back 10 pounds eating sugar and it goes right down real easy. I just got a fill and my urge for sugar has vanished so maybe you are not restricted enough. Maybe you need a bit more.

And stay away from those EASY foods! And I will too.

Sadie

I was thinking the same thing... I have 8cc's in a 10cc band and i thought i was too tight, but as i continue on reading i c that is what restriction really is... Wow.. who would have known.. How do u know when u are too tight?

I don't know what is too tight but this fill has made me think I wasn't filled enough before.

Now I can eat about 4 bites reallllly slowwwly and I am full for hours. It has made me concerned that I won't get enough nutrition actually. I could eat once a day and be fine.

I am drinking Protein shakes and eating one meal later in the day. Otherwise I cannot drink Water after a meal for hours. It was hard to get enough liquid past the meal.

I think this is what the fill is supposed to do. I was eating too much before I guess but I thought I was filled pretty good. Of course I wasn't losing :tounge_smile: so I guess I didn't know what a good fill was.

Now I do! It is really restrictive! Lost 4 pounds in 2 days so far. Yea!

I never thought I'd reach goal but now i have hope i'll get there soon.

Good luck on your journey!

Sadie

I don't know what is too tight but this fill has made me think I wasn't filled enough before.

Now I can eat about 4 bites reallllly slowwwly and I am full for hours. It has made me concerned that I won't get enough nutrition actually. I could eat once a day and be fine.

I am drinking Protein shakes and eating one meal later in the day. Otherwise I cannot drink Water after a meal for hours. It was hard to get enough liquid past the meal.

I think this is what the fill is supposed to do. I was eating too much before I guess but I thought I was filled pretty good. Of course I wasn't losing :biggrin: so I guess I didn't know what a good fill was.

Now I do! It is really restrictive! Lost 4 pounds in 2 days so far. Yea!

I never thought I'd reach goal but now i have hope i'll get there soon.

Good luck on your journey!

Sadie

Thanks for the reply.. I am worried about getting enough nutrition. I know I have enough fat on my azz to last me for months as long as i drink fluids, but it is hard for me to drink liquids. I can only take sips of Water crystal lyte at a time thinking about drinking it straight down nope.. and that is truly bothering me. I can only take 2 or 3 bites of something and i am full as if i have ate the entire plate + some. If I sip on water all day then i wont eat which what has happened since thursday since i got this fill.. I think i am going to call in so he can take 1/2 of the 1/2 he put in out..