Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

Hi Cali Bandsters..... I am finally going to be one of you! :clap2: I just started the process today, submitted the forms and all info to the surgeon, etc, My insurance has approved the LB surgery, but there is one glitch. I live a bit north of Ventura, and the only place they have approved for the surgery is Dr. LePort in Fountain Valley --- a good 3-4 hour drive for me. Does anyone have any experience with this doctor? I know nothing about him.... I assumed I'd be going to Dr. Billie who is close by. WAHHHHHHH! Are there any "Bandster" support meetings around the Ventura County area that I could go to? I feel like I won't be able to be involved in a group if I will have to drive 4 hours to get there. Help! I have a feeling this online group will be my lifeline.......so thanks for being here!

Karen

I am going to my Surgery with Dr. Laporte's office on Monday August 14th. They are great so far and I have no complaints. They work with you all the way.

Dr. Kelley Frances is doing my surgery, she has a lot of experience with LapBand.

Hit me up if you have any questions at all.

That is wonderful!! I'm glad to hear it! Maybe you can be my "guiding light" if I need advice regarding their process? Keep in touch and let us know how your surgery goes.... we will be anxious to hear! Good luck, I am sure everything will go well!

Karen

WOW, did YOU have a long drive! :omg: That is wonderful that you went to Dr. Billy, I have heard so many great things about him. I fought with my insurance co., and my referring doctor's office, to no avail. They each blame each other for not being able to refer to him. BUT, the good news is that Dr. Billy's office told me I can go to him for post-surgery stuff if I want, and I think I will do that even though it will cost me more. I'm glad to know that you both had a good experience. When did you have it done and how are you feeling now? And thanks for the info!

Karen

Kmayer77 and Kat72; I'm in San Diego (Clairemont Area). I was banded on 7/11 at Scripps Green in La Jolla and there is a support group that meets on the second Monday of each month. Our next meeting will be the 14th at 5:30 - 6:30. Meetings start on time so be there a bit early if you can.

Location:Scripps La Jolla - Schaetzel Center/Great Hall Room

Street:9890 Genesee Ave.

City/State/Zip:La Jolla, CA 92037

There is another local group you can go to also.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScrippsBandChat/

Hi,

I am in Escondido and getting banded in Orange County on Aug. 30th. Would love a local support group.

Kathy

kmayer77@hotmail.com

We had the LB's done in our Hosp. in Truckee. My wife had hers done in 01 and I had mind done this last Feb.10th. She has lost 81 pounds and is in the maintaining faze. She go's up and down within 5 pounds and has full control of what she weighs.

I have lost 58 pounds so far and we both feel great! You will enjoy going to The group meetings with Dr. Billy, we enjoy them he has up here.

Best of luck:) K & J

Thank you for the uplifting post! It is good to hear success stories like these and I am so glad you are feeling so good. I can't wait to feel like that also!! Thanks for sharing.... Keep posting your good news!

Karen

Hi Kathy, I live in OC, who's doing your surgery. I have been looking up Dr. Quebbemann in Newport Beach, but also Dr. Oliak in Orange. Orange is closer to my home, but they want to actually have me have the surgery in Torrance, not close to my home.

HI, I live in Yorba Linda. My girlfriend had RNY last month with Dr. La Porte. So far so good. I am already approved for Lap-Band, but now I can't decide on which Dr. I have checked out Dr. Quebbemann in NB, but have heard his bedside manner isn't so good. I am also considering Dr. Oliak in Orange.

Hello, I live in OC and have an appt to see Dr. Q next week. I have many questions for you. can we talk? Glad to hear about your success.

Hi Caligirl - I assume you're posting to me? I think I'm the only Dr. Q patient on here. I'm happy to talk -- PM me whenever. Dr. Q has a new asst., too, who makes up for in personality what he, Dr. Q, is lacking ;)