Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 11 date :)

Hiccuping and burping are normal.. I can guess it's because we have a big open stomach area below our pouch and the gas/air can get in there easy enough.

I have been burping more then normal (never really had gas before surgery) but nothing horrific *knock on wood!*

Happy New Year, my fellow Dec 11th bandsters!

I hope that we each have great success using our bands to achieve good health, and a healthy weight this year.

I know I'm looking forward to what this year brings. Wonder where we'll be in one year?

Hello fellow bandsters. I just found this thread. I too was banded on December 11th. I was able to move to mushy food on days 5-7 then transition to soft foods for another few weeks. So far so good for me but the food temptations sure are strong. I've been to a few movies lately and the smell of the movie theater popcorn is sooooo tempting. The funny thing is, previously whenever I ate popcorn at the movies I always got a stomachache. Now, I can avoid that by bringing in a bottle of Water and maybe a Protein bar.

Best wishes to everyone. My first fill is scheduled for Jan 12th. I'm getting a bit nervous.

My first fill is Jan 12th, too. I'm a bit nervous, also. But, also looking forward to it ... don't want to feel hungry all the time.

My first fill is scheduled for Feb 4 but Im going to have to reschedule because Im flying out of town the next day. Im hoping to get it sooner.

I just went at looked at it. It seems pretty interesting. What do you use it for? The recipes or advice or health news?

I use it mostly to track food and exercise but I also like that theres a ton of information to help plus teams you can join. I just joined the Lapband team. And you also can have a sparkpage where you can blog, track your weight and friends can leave comments.

Happy 8th month Anniversary! I was also banded December 11, 2008. What a difference in my life 8 months can make.

Yesterday I walked 5 miles!!! Considering when I first started this journey I could not make it from the parking lot into the school I teach at without huffing and puffing and afraid a heart attack was not far behind. My everyday living is just sooo much easier. Still this has been the best decision I have ever made for myself!

I have also discovered that the band is only a too, a great one and...I have to be responsible for my decisions....what I eat and the exercise I do! It's up to me! The band has been what I needed to help me and I'm on my way ... to a healthier me.

I want to thank all of you ... the support I have gotten and just reading all the comments on lapband talk has helped me tremendously...

Keep the faith in yourself. Each of us have our own journey to take but it's nice to know that along the path there are others we meet with similar paths, again Happy 8th month Anniversary!

Deb

Highest weight 386 lbs.

1st dr. visit 376 lbs.

Surgery date 343 lbs.

Today's weight 286.5 lbs

This year has flown by. I'm just a couple of pounds away from where I hoped I'd be, and I'm very pleased with how my year went.

I feel better. I move better. I look better.

I had help - not just the band itself, of course - but my friends, my family, my trainer. All are supportive.

The last few pounds have come off very slowly, and I think the next 25 will be just as slow. I'm o.k. with that, and I'm determined to meet my original goal.

I hope my fellow Dec 11 bandsters are feeling well and that this year was successful for them in their own individual ways.

Onward!