Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding 27th Jan

Hi All,

Well I finally have a date for my op. January 27th and I can't wait. Really looking forward to starting my new life. I know it will be hard but it will be worth it.

Is anyone else getting there band done on the 27th Jan. My surgeon is Dr Nolan on the Gold Coast.

Sunshine23

Hey sunshine congrats on your date, your lucky you have one, I still don't but I'm going public so go figure lol. As for your surgeon I've never heard of him but I'm sure theres people on here that have had him as a doc, if not you could also try obesity help.com (crappy name I know) and theirs another - thinner times, good luck =)

I was on the public waiting list for 2 years but I finally got banded last monday. I recently found out you can access your superannuation to have the surgery. I wish i'd known cos I would've been 2 years further down the track. Never mind its done now and its the start of my new life.

I had to wait 12 months for my health insurance to kick in but at least I know that I am not doing this on a whim. I have done plenty or research on the past 12 months and think this is the best solution for me. I am lucky as my GP is really behind me and is giving me loads of support as is my hubby and the rest of the family. I think it is really important to have a good support network behind you.

This sight is really good I have been lurking around for the this site for the past 3 months and have found some of the advice invaluable.

You sound as if you are doing really well, keep up the good work.

Sunshine23

Hey sunshine congrats on your date, your lucky you have one, I still don't but I'm going public so go figure lol. As for your surgeon I've never heard of him but I'm sure theres people on here that have had him as a doc, if not you could also try obesity help.com (crappy name I know) and theirs another - thinner times, good luck =)

Thanks for the advice on the other sites I will have a look at them.

Keep positive you will get a date coming through soon.

Sunshine23.

Hi Sunshine,

Mine is also 27th, i was aready in private health so i was lucky to have choice of date.

Have you been put on diet yet? I see her 27th of this month.

Hi Sunshine,

Mine is also 27th, i was aready in private health so i was lucky to have choice of date.

Have you been put on diet yet? I see her 27th of this month.

I see the dietician this Thursday. At the moment I am having 2 Optifast a day and a normal meal at night and the odd bottle of wine. I have lost about 5 kilos so far.

I have to do the full Optifast for 2 weeks before. It will be worth it though.

Good luck with yours

Sunshine23:thumbup:

Hey Sunshine

How did your deitican vist go? i have mine on the 29th of this mth.

Im dreading the odd bottle of wine hahah

thanks tas

Hey Sunshine

How did your deitican vist go? i have mine on the 29th of this mth.

Im dreading the odd bottle of wine hahah

thanks tas

Hey Tas,

Went well with the dietician. She was quite pleased as I have lost just on 5 kilo's.

She said that even though Xmas was coming try not to go silly and try to get some walking and swimming done.

I have to start the Optifast on the 13th of January. Not really looking forward to that. But it is only for 2 weeks before the op so I will deal with it. I finish work tomorrow until the 5th of Jan and I am going to have 2 shakes a day from then and them go to the 3 shakes from the 13th of Jan.

Don't worry about your visit you will be fine they are really nice.

Have a great Xmas

Sunshine23:thumbup:

Hi

I am booked in to be banded on the 9th of Jan so i started my optislim on the 26th in 3 days i have lost 3.2kgs. Optislim is not that bad i have 3 a day plus a piece of fruit and Protein and free vegies at night. I took out a personal loan to get my banding done as i didn't want to wait 12 months and i have no super i am a stay at home mum and also a carer for my elderly father. I am sick of being over weight and i think the band is a good investment for my future. The hardest thing i have found with the optislim is my morning coffee i can't have it with milk and i am not going to drink it black so i have changed over to english Breakfast tea and i have that black that doesn't taste to bad. I also have a coffee shake in the morning. Good luck everyone with there surgery. My doctor is in Cairns and he is DR Clapsham. I have heard great things about him so i think i will be in good hands.

Hi all,

How is everyone going??? i started opti twice a day then got the flu so im back to once a day till the 13th then its opti all the way yay (not) cant wait for the 27th.

tas

Hi Sunshine 23

Wow I can't believe it but I am having my lapband on the 27th January also along with my sister and another friend. Our doctor is Mark Daoud and we are going to the Sunnybank Private hospital. I am rather nervous about the whole thing but I am sure that after it is all over life can only improve from there.

Kristiner

My op is on the 28th...so this is my last weekend for "normal" food.....will start the Optifast on Monday :tongue_smilie:not looking forward to that but only two weeks so will survive!

As everyone in here reports how much weight they lost just on the Optifast, I am sort of looking forward to that part.....even one kilo loss will make me enjoy the shakes more! :thumbup: My surgeon is Dr Copp at Greenslopes and the 28th is his first day back at work after his Christmas break.....he should be nice and relaxed.....just hope he remembers what he is doing!! :thumbup: