Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding 27th Jan

Good luck for tomorrow!! I got home today and am feeling fine.

Let us know how you go

Glad the op went well, can't wait until I have mine done only 2.5 weeks to go.

Keep us informed how you go.

Sunshine23

My op is on the 28th...so this is my last weekend for "normal" food.....will start the Optifast on Monday :tongue_smilie:not looking forward to that but only two weeks so will survive!

As everyone in here reports how much weight they lost just on the Optifast, I am sort of looking forward to that part.....even one kilo loss will make me enjoy the shakes more! :thumbup: My surgeon is Dr Copp at Greenslopes and the 28th is his first day back at work after his Christmas break.....he should be nice and relaxed.....just hope he remembers what he is doing!! :angry:

Hi,

I started optifast 6 days ago for 2 shakes a day and meat and salads for dinner. I have lost 6 kilo's, can't believe it. Start the 3 shakes a day on Monday so at least I have a good start.

Good luck with your op.

Sunshin23

Hi All,

Well I finally have a date for my op. January 27th and I can't wait. Really looking forward to starting my new life. I know it will be hard but it will be worth it.

Is anyone else getting there band done on the 27th Jan. My surgeon is Dr Nolan on the Gold Coast.

Sunshine23

hello i am from rhode island i had mine rescheduled from jan16th to jan 27th.i couldnt keep up eith the liquid diet.

Hi all

I got home from hospital yesterday afternoon and i am feeling fine. Yesterday i had a lot of shoulder tip pain and it was really bad but morphine helped alot. So does taking panadol and nerofen every 4 hours. Take care all

So how are you today Megsy101.

Hi Dimpleshay,

Day 4 and all good! Worked this morning, ran around with the kids and went for a walk after dinner. My incisions are getting itchy so that must mean they are getting better. I can't believe how little impact this has had on me.....it's great!! I've already got clothes that I'm not going to be able to wear for much longer.

you will find you feel better and better each day. I suppose part of it is not focusing on the discomfort and to just keep going.

Think positive. It will all be good. We've started the ball rolling, so get comfy and enjoy the ride!!

Catch ya

Megs

Hello all,

I have only just found this thread (there are so many of them) and I am also scheduled for January 27th.:)

I am on day 7 of Optifast and going OK but really missing meat and bread!:) Lost 2 kg so far.

Megs it sounds like your op went really well if you are back at work and running around with the kids already. Sounds promising for me because I have a busy work schedule commencing on the 10th Feb so I am hoping everything goes textbook for me and I recover quickly. I have heaps of sick pay if it doesn't, but I just don't want to let them down. My mum is also having major surgery 2 days after me so I need to be well enough to help her in her recovery.

Good luck to all...........check u later.

Cheers, Tracy

Hi,

It's all going a bit too well. I am day 11 today and last night I went out for what was meant to be a few quiet wines with the girls and ended up an alcohol fuelled debaucherous dancing frenzy that finished at 6am this morning! Even managed to have McDonalds on the way home (By this stage I had completely forgotten about the band) when I am meant to be having fluids only. The burger and fries went down without so much as a hiccup. So now I know I can eat, it is much harder to deal with the fluids only. WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!

But on the bright side, I did get a nice little ego boost while I was out. Much more male attention than I am used to. Would have been a great night if it weren't for the hubby and kids tucked up in bed at home. At least I remembered about them!!! LOL

Going to bed now. Need sleep

Megs

Megs I have been on puree and mushies since day 7 and i am on them for a week then my i go up to my next phase which i don't know what it is yet talk to dietician tomorrow. Have they still got you on liquids?

Longingtobelean The op will go fine i worried about it for weeks and when i had it i thought blimwy that was nothing. The only pain i got was shoulder tip pain and if you let that get out of control it hurts. I thought i had doslocated my right shoulder because it was the arm i was using to get up the bed as i had a drip in the other arm. But it ended up being from the gas they use is surgery. Other then that every thing is good. I have been banded 10 days today and it is great (i might not say that after my first fill) if you have any question please ask anyone of us is willing to help and to answer what we can.

s-blk-blk-s-weight.png

[/url]

Edited by dimpleshay05

Megsy you shocker!! You go girl!!! I am sooooo glad to hear that life goes on, at the moment my every waking moment is consumed by this surgery and I'm so glad to hear having a bender won't kill you!

Hey.

Having a bender wont kill you, but I think it has killed my weight loss for this week as it hasnt been much. Either that or because i lost so much weight in the first week, my body is deciding it wants to hold on to some for a while. And it's not like I havent been active- dancing for HOURS, walking around the zoo for HOURS, swimming for HOURs and chasing after kids for DAYS. I dunno...

I do have to say that am now at day 14 and I am hungry!! I could eat a horse and it's trainer. Eating mushies just ain't doing it for me, so I have started having salad and soft meat for dinner and I am having no issue with that. On the good side, I'm not eating anywhere as much as I normally would.

I was tempted to ring my surgeon yesterday and ask for a fill 2 weeks early just so I wouldnt eat too much. I am really struggling with preparing food for everyone else and not being able to eat with them.

Oh well........such are the trials and tribulations.....

Hope everyone is well and happy!

Megs

Hi All

1. Good luck for the 27th everyone! its so close now...

Megsy you're a cack! I am so worried about being hungry after the surgery though! Is there anything you can do? Have you "pushed" the band yet (conciously that is not when you're "unconcious"). What can you eat comfortably (not including Maccas)? Anyway, you're progress is awesome, its great checking in to see how you're going - good for you!

hey shaggs,

look I am eating pretty much anything I want now at night (sticking to fluids/mushies during the day), but I am only having small portions and taking it slow. Having said that i haven't tackled a steak yet and I dont want to. I made chicken risotto for dinner and it has been fine. Salads have been fine as well. Just making sure I chew and chew and chew and chew........my other half has started calling me 'Bessy'!

once you get over the surgery and you realise that it's not that big a deal, life gets back to normal really quickly. From reading other posts and relating that now to my own experience, it takes a while (and a few fills!) for the op to be 'life changing'. Don't expect to much of the band,or yourself and things should be fine. It's not an overnight fix, it's the start of a loooong journey.

Stay happy!!!

Megs

Hi All,

Well I am off for my pre surgery weigh in, I have lost 13 kilo's so I hope they are happy. Surgery is on Tuesday it has come around so quick can't believe it.

God luck to everyone.

Sunshine23

WOW sunshine, thats awesome! Well done! They HAVE to be happy with that! How am I supposed to keep up with all you top losers! Goodluck girl, I'm thinking about you and cant wait to hear the next update and watch that ticker keep ticking! I start my pre op diet Tuesday so I'll definitely be thinking about you!