Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone hungry yet?

Hey all,

Only 3 days Post op here, so I am having the sounds but no real "hunger pains" as I have heard about so often. The issue I am having is with the gas. I have been using Gas-X strips like they are going out of style. The thing I notice is that I get a weird pain in my left shoulder blade before I belch. I am afraid to force burp for fear of doing damage. O/W doing pretty well on the clears and the slim fast shakes. Keep up the good work everyone.

If I recall correctly, the pain in your shoulder is due to gas from the surgery. If memory serves, it was mentioned in an online informational session that we had to watch prior to coming to our pre-op appointment with the surgeon. It will go away on it's own.

I even had a 1/2 slice of pizza puree and was extremely surprised. I can tell you I didnt finish it but it took away a big craving that I had.

Whoa, can we really puree pizza? Isn't it too thick? Please give details!

Whoa, can we really puree pizza? Isn't it too thick? Please give details!

I didnt think it could be done either but I tried it and ate it without any problems. I did not eat a whole piece. It may have been half at the most. Like I was telling Pete I had to add sauce to it to get the liquid in there so it would puree. Without it you cant get it thin enough. I left it in the bullet for quite some time to ensure it wouldnt come back up and again it worked for me and cured a craving which was the reason for even trying it.

Wow you guys are all so brave :wink2: Just had surgery yesterday. My belly is really sore and swollen around the incisions. I just got home a little bit ago. Took some more pain meds and forced myself to drink my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup Protein drink.

I'm afraid of trying anything like the cream of wheat or oatmeal that is listed on my stage 3 sheet. Also says I can have strained or pureed low fat or fat free Soups.

I think the 10 days prior to surgery with the strict diet will help me do the next few days with nothing but liquids until I feel brave enough to try something with a big more heft. I don't want anytyning stuck or get nausus

Even foods with little to no heft can make you nauseous. My wife last night about projectile vomited some beef broth that came in a carton that she warmed and took a sip of.

Every person is different. You're simply going to have to test the waters and see what works for you and what doesn't. My doctor very clearly said that many people can no longer eat things they loved before, such as rice, but in other cases, persons can now stomach (and enjoy for that matter!) things they could never handle before.

I have been really afraid of getting things stuck also. That's why when I puree my food I make sure it is as liquid in consistency as possible. No chunks what so ever. I tell you I was actually really nervous the first time I took my medications with the fear that they would get stuck. Thank God they didn't but I still haven't been even dare tried foods that are chunky.

One thing I have noticed is I still really am not getting hungry. I will if I don't eat anything at all but so long as I have a shake in the morning and then the Soups at lunch and dinner I just never get hungry.

I haven't really eaten anything but Water and unjury chicken Soup. Surgery was yesterday and today now that I'm off the morphine pump my whole stomache is sore and It hurts when I inhale deep. Any tricks to getting past this point sooner rather then later? Did you guys who did this startish of the month go through this?

Cheers!

Beth

The best advice to give for getting past the first initial surgery point is to drink plenty of Water and get up every two hours and walk. The walking really helps with getting your body to adjust to having had being filled up with gas. Other then that time.

I am day 4 post op and I am not really hungry but I think part of that has to do with the amount of Water I am drinking. I do hear my stomach growl from time to time but I still dont feel hunger. Does anyone have the hiccups I have had them since the surgery. Not like regular hiccups but just one everyonce in a while I dont know if it is my stomach trying to get use to the band or what.

I am day 4 post op and I am not really hungry but I think part of that has to do with the amount of Water I am drinking. I do hear my stomach growl from time to time but I still dont feel hunger. Does anyone have the hiccups I have had them since the surgery. Not like regular hiccups but just one everyonce in a while I dont know if it is my stomach trying to get use to the band or what.

I haven't had the hiccups at all but I am totally there with you that there has been several times that my stomach has growled and I did not feel hungry at all. Kind of cool LOL

I'm post-op Day 2. The post-op meal plan I received is specific about what to eat when.

For example, I am to consume Clear liquids only for the first four days. That is, vegetable, chicken or beef broth. Apple juice. Herbal tea. Jello. And three times a day have "Endura" an energy and rehydration supplement. This supplement is just barely palatable.

Oddly enough, I'm not hungry. I spent 10 days on the pre-op detoxification routine, and I think it set me up just right for this period.

After the four days of Clear Liquids, I move onto to 7 days of "full fluids", this includes a Protein supplement, yogurt, and strained Soups. So, anything that can be consumed through a straw (but not using a straw).

The stage after that is the pureed phase (again for 7 days), which as you can imagine has lots of mushy stuff - baby food, scrambled egg, soups.

After that I begin solid food, i.e., the regular eating.

So, by the time I go for my first fill on January 12, I'll be eating regular food (in very small amounts).

And, just like y'all, I need to make sure I drink lots of Water.

That's great that you have the extra time to recover. Unfortunately we have a big push at work on a project that we have to have for our clients by Christmas. But that's ok too because I didn't have that much PTO left to use.

How about any bowl movements? I know it's not the most pleasant thing to talk about but I have had like pure liquid and a couple of times pretty close to an immediate need to be in the bathroom. I wonder if it's something I drank. Only thing I have had so far is Water, juice, chicken broth, beef broth, and today an Atkins shake.

I too am having trouble with loose bowels. Except for Water, whatever I drink goes through me quickly and I have to run for the bathroom within 30 minutes of "eating". It's pretty annoying and I am a little concerned about going back to work in 2 days.

Because of the diarrhea, I'm not "eating" as much as I'm suppose to and the hunger pains are driving me nuts! I'm not sure what to do except to take some Imodium. I hope when I get to soft mushies this little problem will go away! I'm so afraid of not making it to the bathroom in time! :)

I too am having trouble with loose bowels. Except for Water, whatever I drink goes through me quickly and I have to run for the bathroom within 30 minutes of "eating". It's pretty annoying and I am a little concerned about going back to work in 2 days.

Because of the diarrhea, I'm not "eating" as much as I'm suppose to and the hunger pains are driving me nuts! I'm not sure what to do except to take some Imodium. I hope when I get to soft mushies this little problem will go away! I'm so afraid of not making it to the bathroom in time! :)

Not sure what your doing for your full liquids but if you can try adding things that have a little more bulk to them. The best I have found so far is pureed chilli and split pea Soup. Of course I add broth to them to make them thin but still it's helped. I am still having a lot of liquid but it has eased up on the sudden need to be in the bathroom. Hope that helps!

Not sure what your doing for your full liquids but if you can try adding things that have a little more bulk to them. The best I have found so far is pureed chilli and split pea Soup. Of course I add broth to them to make them thin but still it's helped. I am still having a lot of liquid but it has eased up on the sudden need to be in the bathroom. Hope that helps!

Thanks Pete, i'll give it a try! I'm drinking 60 cc of boost 4xs a day and drinking Water, broth, V8, OJ, and apple juice. Glad to hear your situation has improved! I appreciate the advice :)