Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CONFESSION TIME..spill it

I got one word for you -- bizarro! :(

Ahem.....I prefer 'unique'. Or 'rare'. or even 'one-of-a-kind'...:smile:

Guess you don't think it is normal that DH and his ex shared a house after the divorce so that the children did not have to be uprooted or anything. They shared a duplex - everyone won! And the ex visited us last month - with one of her daughters from her previous marriage, and her spouse and children....

OK who in the world asks someone else what they weigh? I would never ever ever!!! (well maybe my skinny ass brother!)

well i'm not what they pictured as a DIL... im neither Chinese nor skinny... one of them, i can hopefully manage one day, the other not so much... i am however giving them a grandson...

Guess you don't think it is normal that DH and his ex shared a house after the divorce so that the children did not have to be uprooted or anything. They shared a duplex - everyone won! And the ex visited us last month - with one of her daughters from her previous marriage, and her spouse and children....

Aw, Tap. Bizarro isn't bad, it can be good, too. I think it's wonderful when people are good and get along, even in tense situations. What makes it bizarre is that it is SOOO out of the norm. Most people would rather tear each other's hair out rather than act with some civility and decorum.

Inlaws.....love mine dearly...BUT (isn't there ALWAYS a but???) my MIL lives by the word of my SIL. And SIL is vindictive as hell!

2 years ago, when I was say a size 14, she bought my gift for my inlaws to give me for my birthday. She bought me size 8 capris, and medium shirts. Mind you even when I can now wear the capris I wear a large or XL top, my DD's will likely never fit a medium!! She knew they would not fit. Then when I get down to where the pants fit, I am a size 8-10 she bought me a XXL.....

If she does not suggest totally wrong sized clothes for my DH and I, every gift we have ever gotten, that she picks out has the words "As seen on TV!" on it!!! We have a stack of useless crap we have received through the years. Gives me a reason to have yard sales!!!

If left to her own devices, or if she has heard us say something she knows we want, my MIL gets it---but if my SIL is involved forget it, she enjoys buying us crap my DH says!

Now off of the gift thing, my MIL will NEVER give you a complete recipe! She always leaves something out, so it never turns out quite right, or as well as hers!!!

But at 80+ I may get even bitchier too!!! LOL

Kat

Inlaws.....love mine dearly...BUT (isn't there ALWAYS a but???) my MIL lives by the word of my SIL. And SIL is vindictive as hell!

Clearly your SIL is jealous of you or threatened by you for some reason.

If she does not suggest totally wrong sized clothes for my DH and I, every gift we have ever gotten, that she picks out has the words "As seen on TV!" on it!!! We have a stack of useless crap we have received through the years. Gives me a reason to have yard sales!!!

That just screams "regift" to me!!!!!!! Merry Christmas, SIL - enjoy this crap!!!

I actually think that's very nice. I see the results of divorce way too often. It gets nasty more than it should. That they get along, even if it was only for the sake of the kids, says a lot. Maturity goes a long way.

well i'm not what they pictured as a DIL... im neither Chinese nor skinny... one of them, i can hopefully manage one day, the other not so much... i am however giving them a grandson...

Brownie points right there. :smile:

Reminds me of the situation my mother was in. Her MIL always wanted a girl but had 2 boys. Then she gave birth to "the girl" (me). She never did really give my brother that much attention. I think that he was too young (7) when she died to remember much; at least I hope so.

I actually think that's very nice. I see the results of divorce way too often. It gets nasty more than it should. That they get along, even if it was only for the sake of the kids, says a lot. Maturity goes a long way.

I know my DD and her now ex husband are both children of divorce themselves. Mine was civil, as was his parents, and together they work things out with their daughter really well.

I see much more maturity in the younger divorces---and I think much of it can be credited to the fact that they have lived through it as the kid oftentimes.

When I divorced my DD's father, I was the first divorce in my family. Both sets of grandparents as well as parents have celebrated over 50 years of marriage....then along came me!!!!

When there are kids involved you have to decide if you love your child more than you hate the spouse you are divorcing....and act accordingly!

Which I know from experience is MUCH easier said than done!

Kat

Wow I feel really blessed with my in laws! They have every reason to hate me because DH moved from the US to Australia just to be with me (I stole their only child!), but his folks (who are divorced) and super supportive and very generous. His mother is a terrible gift giver (this may be because I have only spent a total of about 3 hours with her, so she doesn't know me that well) but with the crap gift always comes a generous cheque. They don't pressure us about kids and they always write that they love us both in cards/letters/emails (or say it when they leave messages on the answering machine). But maybe thats what you get when an ocean is separating you!:thumbup:

I haven't weighed myself for weeks and weeks. I know I've put on weight and thats why--I'm in denial about exactly how much...Come the new year thats ALL going to change though!

(my 2 cents)

My first MIL was sweet, but very judgemental. Since I wasn't married to her favorite son and I am not materialistic I don't think she really knows how to interact with me.

My current MIL is wonderful as well, but just not what I'm used to, lol. She is a stoner, hippie type. The first gift she ever bought for me was crystals. She's the sweetest thing, we just think differently. Also, since she was absent (at least mentally) for most of hubby's childhood, there's a bit of discomfort between us (my knowing family secrets, her feeling a bit of guilt for not being a better mother, etc)

Ex-hubby and I used to get along until after I allowed him (he didn't even have visitation) to have the kids for a few months, he tried to refuse to give them back. Before that, I would stay at his and his new wife's home (she was a classmate of mine when we were in high school, but not friends). She and I actually got along better than he and I did, up until he called her by my name at a family event. It still makes me laugh (i'm such a bitch)

And talking about gift giving, exMIL once gave me a couple of bras for xmas. 1st, let me explain that she's actually Jehovah's Witness, but always gave gifts like a week before, and say it's not for xmas. So she gave me a couple of bras, I was like 19 yrs old and to me they looked like "old-lady-bras" (no offense to anyone). I was so embarrassed. I wasnt going to say anything, but hubby (1st hubby) said that if i didnt say anything, she would continue to buy bras for me. So I was honest with her and told her they weren't my style. She explained that since I just had a baby, that they would provide more support than the ones I wore. At the time i found it super awkward!

My current MIL is wonderful as well, but just not what I'm used to, lol. She is a stoner, hippie type. The first gift she ever bought for me was crystals. She's the sweetest thing, we just think differently. Also, since she was absent (at least mentally) for most of hubby's childhood, there's a bit of discomfort between us (my knowing family secrets, her feeling a bit of guilt for not being a better mother, etc)

Actually, this sounds a bit like my MIL to be honest, but DH and I have resolved that its better late than never in her trying to make up for her crappy parenting when he was a kid. She tries hard and acknowledges she wasn't the best Mum when he was growing up, and he's a big enough man to let her attempt to do better now he's an adult. She's trying to right the wrongs and that takes courage.

Confession - I am sitting here contemplating working from home because I KNOW I will be the only one working while at work while the few others who show up will be eating chocolates/candies and socializing. But, I suppose I will do the right thing......maybe.