Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Nashville bandsters

Just wondering is there anybody out there that was banded at Vanderbilt? I'm going to the seminar on 7/26/05. I'm sure that I'll get my questions answered at the seminar....but wanted to touch base with somebody that has used their services.

Hope to be banded soon.

Weight 270

Goal 150

Guest audu67

2/19/2005, Dr. Holzman, Vandy.

How was it? How are you doing? Did you get good care,etc. Any complications? How much have you lost? How is follow up with fills? Would you do it again? Do you know of others that used him? If so, how is their progress? Sorry for all of the questions. You are the first to respond to being banded in Nashville at Vanderbilt. I go to the seminar on Tuesday. Psychologist appt in August. All of my other stuff is done. I guess, then waiting to make sure insurance is going to ok it.

Guest audu67

I was the 3rd operation on Dr. Holzman's first day of performing the procedure. I've had no problems and have lost about 70 pounds since 2/19. I've had 2 fills and will probably have another in a couple of weeks. I wish I could have had the surgery many years ago. It has been very good for me but you need to be prepared to do as much mentally to succeed as you do physically (the band, excercise, and list of dos and don'ts). Everything was perfect - hospital, nurses and doctors. Do you homework before you make your final decision.

Good Luck!

Guest lizmoore

I wanted to wish you luck on your surgery..I didnt have surgery at Vandy tho,,but sounds good,,I had mine at southern hills

Thanks for the info. I've been doing a lot of homework. I know that this is the right decision for me. I'm willing to do the work and know that the band is only a tool. I've always been able to lose weight...problem is, I've always been better at gaining it back. I'm ready to get off of the rollercoaster. I'll keep ya updated-the closer I get to surgery.

Guest Hal

I'm thinking of having this procedure. How much does it cost?

I am going to be in the Nashville area over Labor Day weekend and would love to try to connect with a couple of you. My time is limited but would love to squeeze in a few meet and greets.

I have no idea. Our insurance should cover it. We have blue cross/blue shield through Vanderbilt...I hope it pays for it. You can look throughout this site to get a ball park estimate. Some people go to Mexico to have it done. I would be too chicken to do this. Do you have insurance?

Guest Hal

My insurance will not cover it. I will be paying cash. Anyone have a ball park figure? 10K? 20K?

Penni,

I would love to meet you, but I am also going out of town...away from Nashville that weekend. You will love it here. It is beautiful. Lots of cool things to see downtown. Hope to be banded soon.

Hal,

I would think closer to 20k. There are some other docs that do it in the states for a lot less. There is a doctor Pleatman listed under the doc section. I think he is in Michigan. One of the local docs might would do fills for you. Again, I'm not sure what they would charge for a fill. This surgery is still a lot less that a heart bypass...where I'm headed if I don't have this done. Have you been reading a lot of these threads? Very informative...and honest.

Guest kimwig

I had mine done at Southern Hills. My insurance covered it . I have BCBS PPO Plan P. I am also borderline diebetic. I had to pay 10% which was 1800.00, and I had to have 900.16 at the time of surgery and they billed me for the rest. The total amount everything (hospital,anesthesia,etc) was 17500.00, that includes the first adjustment. It is 150.00 each additional adjustment. I will get my first adjustment (fill) on Monday Sept. 12. I have no regrets yet. I feel great. Nothing feels different physically. I do have more motivation to workout. I lost 15 lbs from the two week pre-op diet that Dr. Morton put me on. which consisted of 2 slim fast shakes and a healthy choice meal the first week, and four slim shakes the second week. My wieght is at a stand still right now because I need to be adjusted. I am not able to eat as much as I did but I can eat more then 1/2 cup of food. So hopefully after my first or second adjustment I will be able to eat 1/2 cup of food and it is able to keep me satisfied for at least 4 hours.

Hi, I was banded at Vanderbilt on May 15,06. My total weight loss so far is 42lbs. I'm doing really well. My health is improving,and i feel great. It's the best thing i've ever done for myself. Good luck with yours.

PAT ROSS