Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I got back to pre surgery weight to>>>>>>>>>>>>>or at least the weight I was the day of surgery.

than lost 10 after the last fill and another five without restriction on my own. `Definetely slower the second time losing.

Kaiser wants me to get a fill but I passed on that the last two months.

Your so not the only one who gained some back!! Me too!!

Edited by swrktp

I got back to pre surgery weight to>>>>>>>>>>>>>or at least the weight I was the day of surgery.

than lost 10 after the last fill and another five without restriction on my own. `Definetely slower the second time losing.

Kaiser wants me to get a fill but I passed on that the last two months.

Your so not the only one who gained some back!! Me too!!

I can totally understand, I am confident that we can do it right this time. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been different with RNY?

Tina--I have a decent amount of restriction. I've been on the verge of being stuck a few times and have PB'd only once. I just talked to Robin today (supposed to have a fill on MOnday) but her and I both agreed that I seem to be at a sweet spot for now. I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks and have had no hunger in between meals and have kept my cals around 800-1200 a day. We changed my appt to September 10th so that I'll have lost another 5-10 lbs by then and will probably be ready for a fill at that point.

Reggie!!! I'm back to posting here and on Youtube. Let's get back in regular contact so we can meet up in person and on Facebook and here and keep eachother motivated and encouraged. We've lost the weight before, we can do it again! :)

I keep in touch with Candi and she's doing good. She hasn't lost in a while though she said, but she's maintaining and looks AMAZING. She's just beautiful.

We need to have another one of our lunches in Sac soon. Sophie is back in school and I'm available until 2:30 Tues-Friday. Let's plan it, okay?

I can totally understand, I am confident that we can do it right this time. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been different with RNY?

Reggie I have had alot of people tell me that they wonder if things would have been better with RNY............people in our group. I know I have wondered too. I think wondering is 100% normal either that or I am abnromal.

Edited by swrktp

Just dropping by to say hi. Not much new, down to 184, can't wait to be in the 170's. Goal is set for not less then 145 and I need to exercise bad but been to busy. I have 6 kids in my daycare almost daily now so not time lol!

Tina - you are normal. I think we all get our moments where we think "what if" but we have to remember why we chose what we chose and work through it. I don't think struggling with this process is a sign of failure of the tool or the person - it is just part of working through what got us overweight to start with. Remember it is a tool and sometimes our minds are stronger.

That is great Christine - keep up the good work - I agree we need to meet for lunch like we used to.

Stay with us Reggie - you can make it. I don't know what is causing you to struggle, but if it is something that can be helped with counseling, give it a try. I see a psychologist at Kaiser every couple of months and it helps me keep on track emotionally. I am also going to a Worry/Anxiety group through Kaiser that meets once a week but you don't have to go every week. I know for me a lot of my wanting to eat stems from stress, worry and anxiety as a way to soothe my problems. But by talking to others and the psychologist who runs the group, it really helps me mentally.

Tina - I am sorry - I didn't mean to upset you. I had a conversation with my kids after I found out and assured them that if they have any problems they can talk to me and we can try to work it out - that there are other options. The obituary is in the paper today - the last name starts with O. You might want to show it to Michaela and talk about it. It is really tragic - she has a 4 yr old son too.

Hiya ladies! I recognize the past 3 pages of names! Woohoo:) lol.

Hows everyone doing. Im doing okay, been fighting the same 10 lbs for EVER now. I asked the same thing, if RNY would have been easier, and ya know it probably would have, because your body just doesnt absorb anything... well the downfall is their vitamins.. i dont know about everyone else i take mine like never.... Might have something to do with not loosing.

I would love to get back on track. TV is like a never thing now, and im also barely online.. i think its the whole relationship thing..riley do you find the same?

I do need to start going again, i actually miss it! I miss you all.

I say we should all work on loosing 15 lbs by christmas what do ya say:D

Oh Pam I need to know that kinda stuff.............just makes you think really serious for a few days.

RNY you lose quicker and faster. Period that is true. Sometimes that seems like such a nice thing.............we all think about it i am sure.

I met a lady last week on craigslist I bought all her 14/16 clothes..........turnes out we knew each other from Kaiser orientation. She was RNY and has lost 80 pounds........she didn't go through with the surgery due to all the horror stories she haerd about RNY from family that did it. She lost it all with Medi fast..............works out like crazy!! She really had me thinking we ended up taking in a parking lot for two hours....................she is happy she didn't have surgery. She never considered band said she had friends that did it and told her she would do better losing on her own as the band wasn't much help...............

Wow, Tina what a SMALL world. What is medifast?

Congrats to her! Id have to admit i lost WAY easier prior to band then now. Now its like you have a hard time eating when stressed, tired, dehydrated, exhausted, early am, late night, and liquids are just so nice.

I am making a goal though of 15-20 before xmas.. i think we can all do it. Thats only 1 lb a week. Weve lost 3 a week.. so i know it can be done!!! Im cutting carbs down to one meal a day, and no more alcohol. That stuff i think seriously is getting me in trouble. OH and my coffee intake!!! I never drank coffee preop.. now i get Migraines if i dont!!! Today I bought some natural herb supplement and st johns wart lol.. and mom wants to try slim fast for two weeks to detox.. off the carbs.. AND, i moved all my Pasta crap to stephens cupboard. Ok.. im done talking. Anyone wanna do a challenge or something?

hey there, its so good to see you all post. Tina, Nicole, Reggie, Pam Chris you all were my inspiration back in the day. I look forward to having that back too. I am so stuck, (at this same weight) its driving me crazy. I worked out all this week ate pretty good and what happens I loose 1 freakin pound!

Anyway I have no choice but to keep at it.

Ash, OMG congrats Im so happy for you>

Take care everyone, Reggie I'm gonna call u.

bye

Yea I really like having the old group back and posting.........so cool!!

I don't know what medifast is exactly but I think her working out so much is the biggest thing. She has done medifast for 18 months.........she quit three weeks ago and hasn't lost since than. She worked at Lane Bryant (so her clothes are AWESOME) and she said so many people come in after surgery and talk about what is going on .............she said with RNY she saw really band things and people told her crazy stuff and they regretted surgery. So she back out of the program and decided to do it on her on...............She looked really good and is smaller than me!! SHe said when I lose more weight she will let me know about her smaller sizes......LOL. I have a few things now that have gotten to big and I will bring them into the next meeting. I have a huge wardrobe of things only a couple of months old From Lane Brayant for 150bucks. Half of it with tags still on. And funny enough alot of things I had in 18/20s and gave away!! Gotta tell ya I was happy with that...................hit the jackpot this time!!

Edited by swrktp

I guess my luck is turning around. I went to my first surgery appointment today with Dr. Baggs. The guy is super nice and I felt very comfortable with him. I did not know he was the chief of bariatric's in Richmond which makes me feel even better. I was very nervous about him not wanting to do my surgery because of my past surgeries but he had no problem. He said the only surgery that he did not recommend for me was RNY but I had no issue with that. We both agreed that the sleeve was best for me. He checked my liver and said it looked pretty small. He gave me a pre surgery goal weight of 370. That means I only need to lose another 12lbs. That’s going to be a piece of cake.

After the appointment his nurse started searching for my next appointment which is psych and it was looking like it would be on 9/7 but she asked me to hold. She came back and asked if I would be ok with driving home in traffic because there was an opening in 15 minutes. I was totally cool with that.

The appointment went fine and I guess I am not crazy. I did not really care for the woman but it went fine. She did not like that I enjoy using marijuana every once in a while. I let her know that I use a vaporizer which is not BS.

Well I am looking forward to the next appointment.

Hi Everyone.

Jes, don't feel too bad about only losing 1 pound. This summer I've been working out 2-3 hours daily. I generally walk Lake Merritt twice a day, 30 minute walk at lunchtime and then do cardio and weights in the gym. I work out 7 days a week. Even with my sleeve, I have only lost 1 pound in 14 days. I thought for sure the weight would be flying off, but it's not. The only consolation is knowing that my heart and lungs are getting stronger by the day. We just have to keep working at it.

Are they recommending Sleeve more now???? I wish they would have let us know about that a year and half ago..

Whats the stats on that one?