Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Pammie - good on the exercise - it's more than I've done LOL

Maria - good things come to those who wait! A better opportunity will present itself!!!!

Analynn - lovin the positive attitude girly - you can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coco - how was the worst day ?? Glad to see you're not hungry - 5cc's we have the same now - Rambo has a twin hahahahaha

Cindy - your day will come. I didn't get a fill until my 12th week - I have Doc Who. I have 5cc's now and can finally feel the restriction - it will come, I promise you!

Mo - how's that baby?? congrats on the 5lbs. I think I found it at Jes' super bowl party - that girl can cook LMAO.

Reggie - where are you?

Donna - will you be at the meeting for real this time??

John & Lee - ONE WEEK TO GO!!

Jes - I won't be around this weekend to walk but if something changes, I'll let you know

Oh, Bridezilla was "very disappointed" - we only have 5 months to go so I need to reschedule ASAP LOL.

I got this motivational CD that is suppose to help me reprogram my mind towards eating right & exercising - problem is, 15 minutes into it I always fall asleep!!

Evening all,

So I found out the newly banded Tamra has NO WILL POWER when meeting friends for lunch/dinner.

I went to BJ's with my bestfriend and bf today. She got a half sandwhich w. Soup (and wedge fries!), and my bf got a salad because he's doing the Kaiser 1200 cal diet. I told my waiter "I can only have 1/2 cup of soup ok?" he asked why, and I told him....he was SO COOL he brought me a small dish of broccoli/cheddar soup and didn't even charge me :biggrin: it was super good!! but...then came the bestfriends wedge fries....and of course, being Tamra, I ate about 4.

When I got home, my chest was hurting really bad, and I felt sick. I don't know if it was the cheese in the soup, or the potatoes but it hurt!!

So needless to say, I now have tested and I know what I can and cant do. I can stay home and eat pureed Soups, and I cant go to lunch/dinner with friends JUST YET. I am not 100% use to eating like this!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup pureed chicken veggie soup

Lunch: 1/2 cup broccoli cheddar soup and 4 fries

Dinner: 1/2 cup pureed rosemary chicken from trader joes. Also picked at some skin of the chicken I baked the bf...whoops.

Did 15 mins of walking only, my chest was hurting during the time and I had to stop. Also, am drinking some benefiber as I am really cramppy and just can't get it going!! :thumbup:

Side note:

I went to Burlington for new jeans, and walked out with some 20's, WHICH WERE LOOSE :thumbup: YAY!! I have been a 24/22 for as long as I can remember!! this is awesome.

Wow! Tamra that's great! I know you are on cloud 9... Good job, gurl!!!

I am here Candra, you guys write too fast for me LOL. Doing fine except I am going through a gamete of tests with my PCP. Doing fine.

Hope everyone is well.

Nicollie Congrats, wow glad you are feeling ok. Let me know if you need anything. Keep moving and the gas will subside.

Edited by reggie71

OH MY GOSH.... please forgive me Reggie, how has things been looking from your 'incident', & I cant believe we didnt talk about it last weekend, has there been any dr. reasons?

Pls let us know when you do! Guess I was just so blessed to hug u and enjoy your family, home and our SOS/Bro!

YES, Candra I am really planning on it hehehe, will u dare to sit next to me @ lunch? hehehe I wont steal the plate, just pick at your food, lol. Glad it was easy on u last Sat...pls let it be known you ALREADY have plans for the 27th!

Nicolie...walk/work out that gas girlie! We r right here 4 you!

Wishin everyone a happy healthy choosin Thursday! :thumbup:

Tamra - it sounds like you are doing better getting some Protein - the pork roast sounded yummy. Good learning about going out to dinner. I am going out to lunch tomorrow - hoping to be able to get a small dish of tuna salad (hopefully with nothing but mayo in it). Yea! on the new jeans!!! Itsn't it cool! I just brought all my 20s and 18s to Reggie's on Sat. and got rid of almost everything. I am comfortably in my 16s. I'm down 10.4 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm so excited to be able to eat some egg salad tomorrow morning!

CoCo - good to see you checking in - yes, like Jes says, walk walk walk - it really helps. You probably won't start feeling hungry until Fri or Sat - that when it hit me.

Maria - I am so sorry you didn't get the job - it just means there is something better out there for you. Emotional eating is so hard - Riley and I are taking a class at Kaiser on this and there is so much that comes into play. Sorry you felt sick but you really caught yourself. As Mo says - tomorrow is a new day.

Mo - sorry your little one is so sick - don't forget to take care of you too. You've done great on your total weight loss.

Analynn - I am so glad you are back. Tamra almost quit and we talked her into sticking with us and she ended getting banded first in 2010! You are really close and it is worth the hard work. It is go good to be on the way to getting healthy.

Cindy - I have Dr. Park and she told me that she put in 4 ccs at my surgery. She also told me at my pre-op appt. that I would not be getting a fill until 12 weeks post surgery.

Candra - the tape sounds like it should be good. The surgery pre and healing tape Kaiser gave us puts me to sleep in 20mins!

I had a really good appt. today with my PCP - she is so caring and spent a lot of time with me today. She is doing lots of follow up and we talked about the energy loss due to the drastically reduced calories. Long story short - she is also writing me a modified return to work so when I go back I am only to work 8 hrs a day/40 per week for 3 months. I usually work 50+ hrs a week (had a 68 hrs week before I went out on surgery to get everything done for being gone). I learned a good lesson today. Ask for what you need. One of my girlfriends that I visited yesterday said to me about 5 times that I needed to ask for this because she knew how much I usually work. I was hesitant to ask - thinking it was weak or that 'they' would say no. I really want to be in the 65% of the successful people with this weight loss and I know I need to get my exercise established as a routine and working less hours is the only way this habit is going to take root.

I saw Riley at class tonight but she had to leave early so I am not sure what she has been up to.

Candra, Jes and Tamra all said they are game to come over to Petaluma to walk the wetlands (30-35 mins from Vallejo). So I am offering to host lunch at my house after the walk. So we need a date - how about the 3rd or 4th weekend in March (my son is in a play the first 2 weekends in March)? Hopefully by then we will be having less rain. Let me know what might work and if anyone else is in. (I promise to kidnap Riley to get her there!)

Tamra most of Dr. Baggs patients have 3cc's at surgery but Christine did get 5cc's...........seems like they are adding more lately. Dr. Baggs is getting strict on fills to so I don't know about a fill at 6 weeks..........make sure your down quite a bit.

Ok all two good days but not getting on the scale yet. I still need to get my Water down............I will weigh Friday. I don't feels as bloated so I hope it is good news!! :-)

Reggie I want to know howyour doing too?? No more fainting right???

Pat, I can't wait to walk the wetlands! Thanks for inviting us over!

Riley- Where are you woman!? We miss you!

I'm apparently the party planning committee for my office. My coworker is transfering to another division, we got official word yesterday so I was asked (yesterday) to throw together the party for her (tomorrow-her last day). It was supposed to be a potluck, either give me $5 or tell me what you'll bring. Two people are bringing stuff, everyone else gave money. So that meant I had to do all sorts of shopping to feed people. I left work at 5 and didn't get home until 8:30 and still had food prep to do. Why didn't I just decide to order pizza? Ugh.

Heather - I hear you! Everyone likes to come to the party but usually there are only 1 or 2 who actually want to do anything to help! Hang in - don't sample!!! So glad you are up for the drive - the new trails are really nice and now that the hills are all green it is beautiful over there.

Good Morning everyone,

Congratulations for the successes the last week. Tamra, good job on those jeans. Hopefully they will be inspiring enough to keep you on the food plan as written. Enough experimenting as it never leads to good. Sorry to read about sick kids and hope you're also feeling better Reggie. Coco, so great to read that you're doing well. Mo, not sure if I'm going on the 20th as it will be 4 days post-op for me.

I've been home sick since last Friday. I've worked from home all week. Sore throat, slight cough etc. I've been very careful because of surgery next week. This morning feeling much much better and planning to work in my office. I have so much to get done before surgery. I'm planning to go back to work after one week, but will do it from home so I can take good care of myself with naps, walking etc as needed.

This morning my scale is at 227.6 so I'm good to go with my pre-op goal. My son decided to come home on the 19th for 4 nights. That's all he can do with his schedule. NYU is tough on missed classes and he has a project to film. Dr. Park told me to expect two nights at Kaiser so Zach will get home the day I'm released, unless I'm lucky and come home early.

I think I have everything I need for surgery. I'm going to lay low all weekend, take my meds and totally recouperate so that I'm feeling great on Wednesday. John, can't wait to see you again and meet Nikki. How are you doing? Do you know who is assisting Dr. Fisher? I wonder which of us will be first up on Wednesday? I have the Baggs/Park combo.

Have a fun day everyone!

Ah Dr. Baggs is great.........funny guy. I had Dr. Baggs and Dr. Im for my surgery. I heard they listened to heavy metal so I am glad I was out!! LOL.

Gotta run headed to work. Good day to everyone.

A week off might be tough. I took a month and I needed every minute of it. I was so wiped out tired after surgery for about 6 weeks. Lots of naps..........

Morning all,

Dr Baggs asked if I had any music request, I said no, just do it and wake me up LOL!! I was to paranoid to request something! :thumbup:

Analyn Pat is right, I almost quit...more then once...it was hard, esp. once I lost my job and almost didn't get Cobra, but everything worked out and here I am!

I am going between 237/238 everyday, and not moving from there....so approx 10 lbs since surgery. Not bad, since my cubcake and fry incident. Today is my day. 3 meals, pureed, NO FAST food OR MEETING FRIENDS!!! and 64 oz of Water. I shall get down to 230 lbs before I see Baggs for my 6 weeker.

My dog woke me up @ 4 am going CRAZY at my backdoor...that scared me...I didnt know what could be out there, grabbed my roomie and told him go look...we go and its a racoon, the size of....omg I dont know, a dog!? it was eating my cats food!! LOL when it saw us it stood on two legs I said oh sh*t, LOL and ran back to my room...luckly my cats were both inside.

Have a happy day everyone!!

btw I posted a pic of me yesterday as my 3 weeks post op...I can kinda see a difference, everyone says they do...I dunno

Hey hey Lovely People!!

I've been working super hard and sticking to my diet..I had to reprogram my brain because couple weeks back I was eating EVERYTHING.. now.. NOT ANYMORE.

ok so I was able to stick to 1000 calories yesterday.. OMG that was rough especially when I went to my mama's house and she had FRESH MADE LUMPIAS- the little ones (we call them shang-hi lumpias) anyways.. I ate 2 and I felt sooo guilty about it and (cuz they're deep fried) decided that was my dinner. So this morning I woke up at 3:30am went straight to the gym and did 3 1/2 miles on the elliptical.

BUT!!! after my work out I got on the scale.. I'm at 196!!!!! YEA BABY!!! 6 MORE TO GO!!!

Thanks Ladies for reminding me.. Tamara you had it rough and you still made it! So I know I can do it too :thumbup:

Ok so here's my Dillema today.

at around 11:45 my boss is taking our whole group to DIM SUM..

Can anyone give me any pointers or advice on how to stay on track? Dim sum is steamed but there are all these diffrent types and.. I just don't wanna blow this.. so yeah any pointers tips or anything will help!

anyways ok - hope everyone has a great day and thanks in advance!!!