Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good morning all! How are you all? I plan to do well today! How about you?

Mo- yes I want to ride with you!

Ashley, okay were there! I will call you over te weekend.

Hi All, Just checking in - nothing new to report.

Tina - I'm so glad you stood your ground. As band experienced adult you don't need a babysitter LOL

John - so so happy for you - mini goal, surgery date - 3's a charm! woop woop

Lee - Monday's the big day? I'm confused - I thought it was the following Monday???

Coco - what's up my shopping buddy?

Donna - what's going on?? Miss you lady!!!!!!!!

Pat - so glad the hard part is over for you - wasn't too bad though, right??

Mo, if I could share with you I totally would - funny thing is I'm not eating hardly anything but my scale won't budge - Stupid WW scale - I know it's rigged! Or silly me for not exercising - something bout this weather that makes it even harder for me to get motivated!

Ash - I am so glad you're sticking with us even though you've decided to put your surgery on hold!

Jes - what up?? How's your band working for you - I've decided to call mine Rambo - tough but lovable!

April - where are you sweet lady?

Tamra - you in bandster heaven or hell LOL

Damn quiet around here!

I am in band HELL. I am hungry. I want coffee, chips, etc. I am not a happy camper today lol. PMS is here.

Feb 3 Is when I go to stage 3. I am trying to decide what meats to buy for pureeing...it sounds...gross....can someone give me meal ideas?

hey ladies Just wanted to say Thanks.. i'm hanging in there.. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me I know writing my feelings is theraputic but I feel ashamed sometimes about what i'm going thru and my failures... its just been so rough.. and im just trying to hold my head up.. SOOO I know if I just keep on writing on here - I know that it helps keep me on track and plus hearing it from you ladies makes a tremendous diffrence :)

I've been slowly but surely getting back on track with my workouts, stair, eliptical, and I just bought the AB CIRCLE pro- so I've been switching my workout with those 3 along with my Hula practices which used to be for an hour 1/2 a week is now bumped up to 3 hours a week-

My eating- I'm getting there - i admit I had tater tots this morning... SO BAD. So, i'll try and burn it off tonight when I workout.

thanks for bearing with my rants and raves...

ohhh!

I'll be performing for the new KAISER building opening up in Vallejo I'll give more details if anyones interested!

Hey guys really quick, not sure if you can help but I need to find a home for my moms cat KIKI.

She is a super sweet calico cat, indoor/outdoor. She is a complete lap buddy.

My mom isn't home enough and feels bad leaving her (The cat so doesnt mind LOL)

So if you guys want her pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me, I REFUSE to put her in the pound, and she cant stay here my dog wont leave her alone!

Tamra - so sorry you are having a rough day; I knew it must get hard on the stage II toward the end. You've been doing great. Hang in - call me if you need to - I will PM you my number.

I just started stage II today. I could only eat 1/8 c of the cream of wheat this morning but this afternoon I had 1/4c of cream of corn Soup (organic) and it was really good. Today has been a better day. I did a walk outside for 23 min this morning and it wiped me out so I took a nap, then I got up and took my first shower - it was heaven! Then my sister came to visit and we went to another walk outside for 25 mins. Now I have my feet up watching Oprah. I don't feel down today like I did yesterday and I've only had tylenol once. So I think things are getting better. Still have alot of gas.

Annalyn - you have always done great with your exercise. Don't feel bad for one minute. We are all here for you and you can be honest and no one will judge you. We are all trying to get to the same place and it is a long hard journey. Hang in girl.

Wohooo! drum roll please.......

Down to 237!!!!!!! I lost only one lb. but hey thats better then nothing :)

Ashley - Congats, keep the scale moving down! Wish I could have met all those Sleevers from your support group.

I think I just saw on the news they arrested the two guys from the shooting that took the life of Nicole’s brother-in-law. If they are guilty I hope they get what they deserve!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Edited by skiingj

Hey Pat, don't know if you know but we aren't supposed to have corn. It doesn't digest....we actually talked about it at the last group meeting with liz. She said it can get stuck in a pocket and stay there. So anyway just in case you didn't know.

No Candra no restriction yet. I've been doing good though the last few days with my food. I'm down 3 lbs, I know I need to loose more but I think I'm going to call on MOnday to set up my appt with Dr P. I need a fill, even if it's a couple weeks away.

What are you doing tomorrow? It's not supposed to rain so I'm going walking. Any body else? that lives locally?

Congats John.... wow this is so great that so many of us are reaching our goals....come on Annalyn, Ash, who else am I missing? We won't even discuss Babysista, we need to work on her.

ok I guess I better get dinner going...chat later.

YAY ASh!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Ok so I totally think I am nesting.. lol.. Last night I went tog o to bed and I started cleaning my night stand out, then I moved to the closet, and then I organized all my calcium chews and Vitamins for the next week in my nifty little pill case... this was all at like 11 last night.. Robbie told me that I was nesting before I even realized it... How funny...OMG... I wrote a list today of everything I need to do before surgery. Was everyone else like this. I am going to clean my house tomorrow from top to bottom, I want to be able to relax next weekend and go to Reggies party... WOW... lol... How is everyone tonight?

Annalyn im so glad to see you back here girl!!! We are all rootin for ya!!

Well I am gunna go, I think I am going to start cleaning my bathroom right now, im bored lol...

Coco, I'm laughing because I'm about to tackle a closet! If I'm not crazy about my big clothes now, I won't wear them in the next month so they may as well go this weekend.

John, thanks for reminding me to practice. I think I was so crappy with that thang at the meeting from 3.5 hours of sleep and an Ambien induced fog.

I'm glad they're catching those terrible guys that were part of the shooting.

Jes, congrats on those three big pounds! Wanna come to Oakland to walk tomorrow?

Ash, I'm so proud of you for keeping up with the diet and taking care of yourself.

Tina, where you at tonight?

Pat, it looks like you're doing great. Stage 2 starts on the 4th day after your surgery day. Surgery is Day 0, then count three, then start the next day. Whoever said corn is out was right. Corn and celery because of the Fiber. They talked about it again yesterday in class. Please be careful.

Pam, where are you today? You're generally on here.

Mo, I'll get you that website.

It looks like I'd better clean my desk before I head for that closet, so I'm outa here. :biggrin:

CoCo - you are too funny! You nest when you are pregnant! You are way more organized than I was and they tell me I'm organized. I didn't do my list until the Sunday and Monday before surgery and I still don't have my Vitamins in containers and am having a hard time fitting them all in (I take thyroid medicine and have to wait an hour in the morning before I take or eat anything else.) You are so ready girl!

Jes - I am OK with the Cream of Corn Soup - it is totally pureed - no chunks or corn kernals. It is actually really good and has the flavor of corn chowder. You were right about emailing Dr. Park. I emailed her the night before surgery and she replied right back and the next day thanked me for bringing it to her attention about the scheduling mix up. I have had diarrhea 3 times today so I emailed her tonight since it doesn't say anything in the binder about that happening - just the opposite. I feel OK - just my stomach / lower half is really gurgling.

Pat, be careful with that corn is all I'm saying esp. so early after surgery. Better email Dr P about that diarrhea too. Remember I had it and it lasted a couple weeks....She thought I might have an infection so I had to do a sample (a whole nother story) Candra and I in Sacramento kaiser, I've got my itty bitty container that I need to get the sample in, full. And they tell me I'm not in the system. Needless to say between the two of us were able to get rid of that paper bag ROTF LMAO... Turned out to be the kind of antibiotics she gave me during surgery. Point is let her know this too.

NIcolie, I was the same way, I wanted everything to be done in advance. I truly thought I was gonna be down for the count for a while, which turned out not to be the case.

Lee, let's see what the morning will bring. I may come to Oakland.