Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

good morning all...ok as Monique would say today is a new day. I think I'm gonna get some cranberry sugar free I'm guessing and drink up. It's date night for us and were going to a crab dinner tonight. If I stick to the crab and maybe 1 glass of wine I might be ok...I hope. I'm really looking forward to it since he's been working so much lately we haven't hung out. Anyway, for what ever reason I'm tight in the chest and throat area, gotta be the band but why now? Could be like you said Tina, TOM.

Well better go clean the kitchen and then off to do my walking. Hope you all have a nice saturday.

Good Morning all -

I have a busy weekend but will take a few minutes to check in. I am taking my three kids plus three to Discovery Kingdom today for Holiday in the Park. Using my dad's van to fit us all - we have season passes and have two extra tickets plus we can take a friend free with a coupon. We picked three kids that would never get to go as their mom doesn't have funds. The one little girl who is 9 screamed like she won the lottery as she has never been. I am going to smuggle in sandwiches, chips and Cookies for the kids. I just say we have food allergies at the gate and they say ok. Not sure what I am eating.

Taking my two younger kids to Breakfast with Santa this a.m. at my daughter's school.

I had 2 chicken nuggets from McDonalds yesterday for lunch (my mom and I were out shopping) and I was full. Decided to eat the other 2 about an hour later before helping out at school - bad idea - had to rush out of the classroom to the bathroom - 2 in 2 out. My band doing its job.

I hear you Candra and Tamra - I couldn't cancel Xmas due to the kids, but it is lean. They understand though. My parents are getting them a few more gifts this year to make up for it - so thankful for that - everyone is getting socks, underwear, jeans etc.

Hope everyone has a mindful day - I'll check back tomorrow morning.

I couldn't do it without you guys.

Jes diet cranberry........they also have sugar free but the diet has only 5 calories per cup and it you Water that down even better!! The sugar free might not be low calorie. Try the pomegranite one if they have it !!! Best of the three. I am drinking some now. It also takes a long time to go through the bottle which is nice.

Pam I have a few lego things or if I can't meet up with Tamra I could give your daughter the American Girl doll. This is all left over stuff in my office from my clients last Christmas that has been sitting around. I really would love it to go a some kids since I won't be passing out gift this year due to my new job......I planned to give them out this year but ......well ya all know I got transferred to a new job so I won't be doing the regular holiday routine this year!! I will get all the gifts stacked up and ready to go. I know I have some transformer legos though.....let me know!!

I'm going through the Maryland Kaiser program. My surgery is not until March or April

Hi everyone!!

I am still here, but I just cant get my eating under control. I am now questioning if the lapband is for even for me. I am going to try ONE MORE TIME tomorrow to eat well, and get on track, but if I can't, I think I need to pull out the plug :w00t:

Wont Kaiser question why it's taken me since July to hit goal in the first place?

Tina - Thank you sooo much for the offer!! I don't think I will be close to your city any time soon tho, and the only meeting I am attending is the next Richmond one which is the 16th I think...if we cant meet up, give them to Pam since she is struggling too :tongue2: My daughter is only 3, so she doesn't know yet the struggle :thumbup:

Tamra, don't give up. I know how difficult it is but it's worth it. Just go in for your weight checks and email Baggs so you're still in the program. Maybe you need to give yourself a little time over the next few weeks to endulge and not feel guilty, then really commit to it when you're ready. I've met people who took a year to lose the weight (and they didn't have Doc Fisher's insane amount to lose). Just because you're struggling, doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't be here.

Yea Tamra I say don't give up. Even after your banded it is still a struggle sometimes. Just ask me. The good thing is that when you fall off the wagon that you don't gain much back cause the band stops you. I have had a month without a good fill and I didn't gain I just stayed at the same weight. Donna and I were just talking and that is the magic of the band. Maybe you can't lose without the effort but even when you have a few bad days you don't gain like before the band.

Email Dr. Baggs and Liz. I KNOW some people took a year to get banded. WHat you are learning now you will need for after so nothing is a waste of time.

I agree with Heather. I had a couple of weeks of just eating what I wanted before orientation and I did. I started all this last Christmas and I ate what I wanted and than started everything on January 1, 2009. I tried to start after orientation but it with Christmas and family I really had a hard time until after the new year......

Secriet is I didn't follow the rules on Thanksgiving. I let myself have what I wanted than started again the next day but the band didn't let it go to far.

So I think hanging in there has its benefits. If someone is going over the RIchmond area I could try to get some things to you for your daughter. Let me aske around.....some of the stuff I have is for little kids not for teenagers.

Edited by swrktp

Tamra, Please don't give up. Can you write your food down and email it to someone, or put it here in our thread? I find that being accountable is very helpful for me. It doesn't matter what you eat, just be honest about it. I bet that you'll find that it gets easier to stick to "your" plan when you know you have to write what you bite. I don't think it's unusual for some of us to get confused along the way and then sabotage ourselves with eating off plan. Maybe you can write about why you want the surgery, and what you're afraid of.

I think that around here, there's no judgments about your food because we've all been here/there etc. I'm a very slow loser so I'm going to be at this for a long time. That's ok, there's a lot to be learned along the journey.

I'm planning to go to the meeting on the 16th. Someone awhile back asked which meeting is the weighin meeting. That would be the third Wednesday of the month. The scale wasn't there on the 1st Wednesday of December. I'm going to look forward to seeing you there!

Good morning everyone, hope everyone is warm and cozy. Had a really good date night with the hubby last night. It was a crab dinner and of course I couldn't resist the garlic bread. I ate some and it didn't effect me at all. So much for me thinking I have restriction. no dessert though.

Pam it sounds like you have good restriction I can wait to get there. How was Dis kingdom?

Yesterday Candra and I walked the pier, so nice to get outside it makes a world of difference. I want to do the bridge this morning supposed to storm all week.

Tamra, no quitting. You've gone through a lot lately, the way I see it you are doing pretty good. We can all meet at the Richmond meeting on the 16th. Just concentrate on maintaing the holidays is tough. If you beat yourself up it only makes it worse.

Heather, count down to laying on the beach holding a glass with a little umbrella hanging on the side :w00t:

Good morning everyone!!

Thanks for all the positive feelings on me staying! I sat and had a quick drink last night with my old bestfriend from middle school. Her, her mom, and dad all had the RNY (well dad had lapband). She actually is the reason I went and found out about this. Anyways, she had Dr Park and she had to loose 30 before; She said it took her 9 months. So maybe I am not the only one who will take time. She looks SO GOOD too!! so skinny!!

I will start writing down everything I eat and I have some motivation signs around my house. Today is a new day and I will continue to try!!!!

Good Morning all! I am so out of control....I have no restriction... I won't even tell you about yesterday...It's gone and today is a brand new day!!!!

I'm resetting the clock and starting over...

Tamra-don't give up girl...It took me 3 years! Yes, that's right...3 long years....I also had a baby in between this processs.... I'll share my story with you later... I said this to say that...Yes, it does take time....The weight is not going to just fall off. It took some time for you to gain it and may take twice as long to lose it!!! We are all here for you, girl... call me when you can.

Tamra hunny, glad you are feeling better! I just PMed you . . . you are so much like me!

There is a journal that I have, has a green cover - a diet and fitness journal, and I log not just food and exercise but also 1) how hungry I was each time I eat during the day; and 2) what my emotions arfe. It has extra room to add your own columns, and those are the ones I add. When I faithfully journal - honestly - every day, I lose. It is not only motivating for me but it has been very. very. very revealing about me :thumbup: and why I eat/overeat. Thank God my band stops me when I get all crazy now!!

Gotta go swith laundry over; I'll check back later

ok, so I got the cranberry light and I've been drinking it all day mixed with half to 3/4 Water. Went on my walk this morning I even wore one of those hot suits, you know the kind that makes you sweat. It was so freakin cold on that darn bridge I never broke a sweat. Don't know what the hell else to do to get a fill....pray I guess.

Hey there- wanted to say hello. I have been having internet issues..hopefully we get a new computer cause this one is shot. I told hubby not to get me anything for xmas just a computer for the family. Anyway doing ok..I am so constipated though. I am taking the benefiber nowbut no luck. I even gained 5 lbs WTF!! I was so upset but all I do is eat tuna adn egg salad and they have mayo (lite) but I know its full of fat. I dont know I need a better variety. I'm going backwards. Now I can eat alot more now. I understand when you all said it was hard to lose when you advanced to mushies!! any suggestion on any of my issues above. Have a cozy day and stay warm everyone.

Tina congrats on your fill.

Hey there- wanted to say hello. I have been having internet issues..hopefully we get a new computer cause this one is shot. I told hubby not to get me anything for xmas just a computer for the family. Anyway doing ok..I am so constipated though. I am taking the benefiber nowbut no luck. I even gained 5 lbs WTF!! I was so upset but all I do is eat tuna adn egg salad and they have mayo (lite) but I know its full of fat. I dont know I need a better variety. I'm going backwards. Now I can eat alot more now. I understand when you all said it was hard to lose when you advanced to mushies!! any suggestion on any of my issues above. Have a cozy day and stay warm everyone.

Tina congrats on your fill.

GREEN TEA :thumbup: