Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

LESSON LEARNED: Way too hard to stick to the diet without my big ass jug of water! I didn't have it yesterday and so I kept reaching for almonds (sorry Tam I sorta went off program) Didn't over do it - an almond here, and almond there but up 2lbs from that in just one day - my body sucks!

Jes - lemme know when and where and I'm there - seems like the only time I get out to walk is when you call so hit me up!

Donna - don't really know why I'm so cranky but I can just assume it's lack of money - I'm officially poor! I got Suave Shampoo & St Ives face wash - WOW!

Heather - can you sneak me into your luggage - I don't even care if I get lost and wind up someplace other than Hawaii - just want ANY type of vacation LOL

Tina - I'm thinking about cancelling my appt with Doc Fisher on the 15th - I'm up 1lb since I last saw him and I already know that I won't get a fill so It will be a waste of time.

Pammie & Riley - I have seriously left 10 messages with the psych dept in Vallejo - NOT ONE CALL BACK! How the heck do I get into these emotional eating classes - my PCP just says to keep trying! GGGRRRRRRRRRRR!

John - good to hear from you - glad you had a nice vacation - don't worry about the weight gain - perfectly acceptable on vacation as you don't get to go often. Now your back and now it's time for the 1200 cal diet again! I sure wish that dang diet worked for me! I LOVE MY CARBS!!

PAT - CONGRATU -FRIGGIN-LATIONS! Now THAT'S how you start out a new year!

Still cranky ladies & gent but workin on it :w00t:

YAY Pat thats awesome!! Not long at all.

Candra, Cheer up charlie.. :w00t:

Hope everyone else is havin a good day.

I am putting this out there. This is akward. Nicole and I are no longer speaking.Our friendship had broken down within 1 month of orientation. I thought we were stronger but thats not the case I do not know what to do in this situation. We are both striving for the same goal and need this group. I am very saddened by the turn of events. I thought I would go through this with my best friend but I am on my own not by choice.

I am looking for input regarding the program and succeeding during this type of thing. The circumstances are frustrating. Nicole did not want me to mention this but I really feel like I need too.

I really didnt want to mention this because I didnt want to make anyone feel like they had to chose sides. WE are both in this for the same thing but I really dont think this is the place to air our dirty laundry. Personal business should remain personal. Sorry everyone didnt mean to drag you in, hope no one feels unncomfertable.

My intention is not to drag anyone into this but to get advice regarding how to deal with this. I do not want people thinking it is all good between us and asking questions. I am not going to lie and pretend. Im am not going to put a fake front up when I am trying to make my life healthier and happier through this surgical and mental process. I am honest.

What the hay ladies...this is what true friends are all about. You take the good with the bad. Sorta like marriage. You both NEED to overcome this. When I both met you I thought what a good thing you guys have. I dont think anyone here will ever "take sides" we are all women and men who have the same goal and that's to be healthy and help the next person to get to that goal.

You guys WILL need each other more than ever...cause (let me tell you it is tough) hopefully this will only make your friendship be even stronger. That is what I hope for you both. What I saw when I met you both was a freindship I have not seen in a very long time.

Geez ladies we got drama on the lapband thread!! Love you both and I know and am confident youi both will prevail and succeed. Dont sweat the small stuff...look at the BIG picture. Dont know why you both are upset. But give yourselves some time and then talk it out. You guys to good of friends.

Does anyone know of any cheap flights to hawaii?

Hi Maria - I would check:

orbitz.com

expedia.com

travel.yahoo.com

travelzoo.com

and the websites of Hawaiian, United and Alaska airlines. It's worth checking out a travel agency or going direct to the wholesalers; ie pleasant holidays, apple vacations for good deals.

The only nonstop service out of SAC is Alaska to Maui and Hawaiian to Oahu, all other airlines you either have to connect or drive to the bay area. United connects via LAX or SFO.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

We're renting a house in Kailua, apparently 2 1/2 blocks from the beach.

Very nice area, love the drive on the H-3 to Kaneohe Bay!

Hi Maria - I would check:

orbitz.com

expedia.com

travel.yahoo.com

travelzoo.com

and the websites of Hawaiian, United and Alaska airlines. It's worth checking out a travel agency or going direct to the wholesalers; ie pleasant holidays, apple vacations for good deals.

The only nonstop service out of SAC is Alaska to Maui and Hawaiian to Oahu, all other airlines you either have to connect or drive to the bay area. United connects via LAX or SFO.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Thanks John!:w00t:

Guess it's time to put my two cents worth in here...

First off I want to start by saying That I really like you BOTH! and that I want you BOTH to remain in this group!

That being said.. Since you both ARE in this group maybe the issues between you two should stay between you two simply because I don't want it to get weird on here - and it is an uncomfortable situation since we know and care about you both. I, for one, don't want to hear anything negative about either of you from either of you! (love you guys!)

As adults there is no reason why you two can't co-exist on here. Besides, true friends should be able to endure anything (short of an affair with the other's spouse!LOL)

My best friend in high school and the maid of honor in my wedding hasn't spoken to me in 15 years! simply because I got married and felt that my husband and home should come first - before the bars & clubs and hangin with the homies - guess she didn't love me as much as I loved her - She couldn't understand why she wasn't the center of my attention anymore and didn't love me enough to set me free to be happy - She wanted 100% of my time and basically it was all or nothing and all I asked of her was a little time to get my new marriage and home running smoothly - And her response to that was that I was no longer a part of her family because I didn't have enough time for her!

RAMBLING... My point being is that I believe you two are better than that and will overcome this issue - pure hearts!

Hope I didn't offend either of you but, again, I have to agree that this thread isn't the place for you two to do your back & forth - I say give it some time, a break from each other (not from us!) for a minute and revisit the situation in a week or two - together! Talk - IN PRIVATE!

And Liz, and none of us expect you or want you to lie to us - we are all here to SUPPORT one another!

For the record... I would also like to say that my Ex-best friend is still single and never responded to any of my b-day cards or xmas cards - told everybody that she hates my husband and as long as I'm still married to him she won't be my friend!

JEALOUSY REARS IT'S UGLY HEAD!

I agree with Candra! I like you both, and want you both here. I'm sorry you're having troubles.:w00t:

Candra, there is something about the Maid of Honnor! My sister was in her best friend's wedding, the friend (also my friend) didn't hang out and go to coffee as much after the wedding and wanted to spend time at home with her husband (exactly how it should be!) and my sis felt abandoned. They don't speak anymore. (friends since they were 5-ish)

Bummer.

I'm back on track again today, I swear! So far the scale appears to appreciate my efforts. Think good thoughts!