Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I hope Obama passes a new law cause I have two people in my house if I had to deal with COBRA and if I can only afford one of us it is gonna be my daughter first...........

I wonder if medi-cal is an option if I am laid off?? I would technically be poor right??

Any luck on jobs Tamra??

ok, to cont conversation...what is the difference between turkey...veggie & boca burger? I have tried turkey and liked it. hmmm, turkey fat free chili too!

Haha, at the EG meeting last night they were ranting about how if you buy the average ground turkey it's just as bad as buying beef and you HAVE TO buy the ground breast meat. I'm sitting there remembering Candra and Tamra on their fat fast and thinking "Don't we need fat?" Is this just a band vs rny thing? Like RNY can't handle the fat?

Hey girls, just popping in real quick to tell you that we just found out today that we're having a.....BOY!!! We're so excited and can't wait to meet him. I'm pretty sure his name will be Dexter Monroe Swisher (we'll call him Dex).

I'm still only up 8 lbs and am 19 weeks, feeling pretty good! I've read the last couple pages here but haven't had the time to be here regularly. I miss you all though and will try to be around more.

Have a great day!

:tongue2: Woohoo Christine! Tina was right, you're having a boy! How exciting!

I've done great today! I havn't snacked at all (one goal for today) and I did about 1 hr 15 minutes cardio (other goal for today) and about 10 minutes of weights (legs). My legs are burning! I love it. I feel great. Keep up the good work ladies!

And yeah, I won't be able to make it on the 12 or 13. I'll be off getting my pale a little less pale. No real tan for me. I'll be working on my sunburn. lol.

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm back from NY and Boston. I had a great vacation with my son and loved walking everywhere. The only thing that killed was his 6th floor walk-up. After my gallbladder surgery I hadn't been walking much or climbing stairs at all, so I got great exercise. That said, I gained 5.2 pounds. It really points out how quickly I gain weight. Thanksgiving was one plate of food, mostly turkey and veggies with a small bit of carbs. I did eat one piece of homemade pie. The rest of the time was sharing food. Three of us went out one night in Boston and shared two appetizers, 1 small salad and two cups of clam chowder. That was after walking miles all day. No Entrees, just shared appetizers for dinner between three of us. If I look at carbs, I gain. So today I'm back off any carbs and back to Protein.< /p>

I see Dr. Baggs in 10 days for my first visit. I hate that I'm up these pounds. I'm back to where I started at orientation which feels awful. It's such a struggle to lose a pound. After menopause it takes me weeks to lose a pound. Not sure what he's going to say to this.

I'm planning to go to the Kaiser meeting tonight unless I'm too wiped out. Is anyone else planning to go?

hey ladies!!!! i miss you all?so much it is crazy! I am only up 5 lbs since i left which i am grateful for. I have to eat out ALOT. But... we got an apartment!!!!!!! I am so excited.

I now work two jobs so a lil over full time but ibstill have no help from the county or my ex. His chikd support amount came back at 552 and he is FREAKING out on me. Kinda scared.

But that is my update, cpngrats chris!!!! Oh on my bday o had no cake:) butfailed on auds lol

Hopefully i can get on a co

puter soon. Tina i am on yim.. but myvphone number has changed ill call you soon.

hugs everyone. remember your water!!! :tongue2:

Nicole! Good to hear from you girl! We miss you.

RE: Fills if you lose Kaiser - I asked Liz McLaren about this, and SHE told me that once you have surgery, the Kaiser facility where you got your surgery will continue to do all of your aftercare, INCLUDING FILLS WHEN YOU NEED THEM, even if you lose Kaiser coverage. She said that that excluded labs, which can be expensive, but that Kaiser provided aftercare regardless of your insurance. This was less than a year ago . . so I am really confused about what Dr. Baggs said, Tina what exactly did he say?

Even if she gives me a small fill I'll be happy. I just think I need something. I'm telling you I can eat anything. Tonight I had a pc of garlic toast. I've done pretty good for the last 2 days so who knows. Exercising and much smaller portions.

Jes she gives huge fills! I have one friend that got 7 cc's from Dr. park - it is the only fill she has had, and she's A-OK

Nicole - so glad to hear from you - yep child support can shock some people - especially since his wages will be attached to get you the money (I assume you went through the county?)

Christine - yeah a boy - how does Sophie feel about having a brother?

Man Dr. Baggs is getting strict about his fills - which seems odd as he was giving them out right and left before. I have always told you guys that they can withhold fills if they want.

Too bad they don't have a LapBand boot camp we can go to for a week to get us all back on track. :tongue2:

I did fine yesterday until I got home and then I had a Snickers bar after I worked out at Curves. I guess the 369 calories I burned at Curves was negated by the candy bar.

Better get some things done here at work. later

Hi ladies!! Whose going to Hawaii?? which Island?? let me know if you have any questions! I can tell you were the best beaches and shopping and DOLLAR movie theater is at!

Mmmm Hawaii.. I miss it!

As far as the 12th of December I won't be able to make it.. I'm performing the hula for a Parkinsons disease chartiy event in Vallejo. If you ladies are interested to watch let me know! We're selling tickets I think $10 for jus the show and $25 for show and meal. Otherwise I'll be posting pictures of it later.. (I can meet on the 13th!)

I can't wait till this is over that way I can at least go to the Richmond meeting next month.

THIS WHOLE WEIGHT LOSS THING.. is such a struggle.. I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M AT.. in life.. I work out like crazy.. but I eat like a cow, i'm pathetic:redface:... I seriously need to get back on track and focus.. but I just feel so overwhelmed with all the other hectic CRAP i have to go thru in life... Riley.. i'm tryin to re-wire i really am.. I jus need more UMPH in me... Thanks Tamara & Candra for the Fat fast diet..i'll try it...its jus... right now.. i feel like i'm sooo done trying... but i don't wanna give up.... RE WIRE RE WIRE RE WIRE..

Hi Ladies,

LaChica - hula sounds like fun. If the girls don't meet up on the 12th I'll come watch.

I get what you are saying about all the hectic stuff going on but there will ALWAYS be hectic stuff going. We have to learn to get past using that as an excuse to overindulge!! You don't have to do the Fat Fast at all - that is just for fast tracking the weight loss! But try cutting out the carbs if you can't follow the 1200 cal diet right now. It's really easy to eat out without carbs - steak, green salad (no crutons! & SF dressings) omelets (no hash browns) etc. Just try it and see how it goes! Don't let the hectic crap win!

I can meet on the 12th, but not the 13th. Are we wanting to do the walk like we did last time?

I am eating some popcorn right now - it has 25 calories for 1 cup. I will not be eating much as I can feel it already - that's a good thing.

I can meet on the 12th, but not the 13th. Are we wanting to do the walk like we did last time?

I am eating some popcorn right now - it has 25 calories for 1 cup. I will not be eating much as I can feel it already - that's a good thing.

Pammie - do you ever get stuck on popcorn? Richmond said NO popcorn because you could get stuck - unfortunately, that hasn't happened to me yet!

FYI LADIES: very cranky today :tongue2: Ahhhh - but not going to let it control what I eat!

Good Anchor Afternoon All!

Candra, true that...how life is happening ALL the time, and we need to learn how handle ourselves in each situation...

and how it is NOT an excuse to overindulge or anesthesize with...my learning curve still movin on!

Listening to Wayman Tisdale...aint NO stoppin us now!

Actually that sounds like fun to me...meet to walk then watch Analynn hula, and small meal? What time is Hula show...is anyone else game...Candra, that would be cool!

Maybe we will start classes hehehe. Of course Heather will be prob enjoying a Luau at that time, luuuuucky!

Hi Ms. Nicole...how is Auds...glad to 'see' you!!!

Chris congrats on a boy...he will help you stay fit...running after, with and to him! hehe

Candra...whas up? Here for you! Wish I can come do the bridge...how bout tomorrow morn? hehehe

Hope everyone is doing well, and well taking care of yourself!