Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I Was told BANDED people should be eating less than 1200 a day.............signficantly less!! But Dr. Baggs said if you go lower than 1200 it messes with the metabolism.............I tend to listen to Dr. Baggs more than anyone else since he has my medical records.....

I'm not sure Heather but I want to say it's the 1st Wed.....I'm going, I think. I understand about you going in Jan that will give you plenty of time to do the journal. Try to stay on program during your vacation maybe carbs every other day :rolleyes:

Riley - well said on the emotional eating reprogramming - gotta try to change the old patterns. I am really looking forward to the class in Jan. Will miss you tomorrow night at James and Sherry's.

Jewel - I have a friend who is in FA who lost all her weight 2 years ago. She is the only person who has been actively opposed to my decision about weight loss surgery and has wanted me to go to FA instead. She has asked that I talk with a member who has had lapband and is having a hard time. I think FA deals with the same stuff we are dealing with. My personal reasons for not wanting to pursue that program were

1) the eating plan is very restrictive (lots of weighing, etc. and the people who follow it seem to be very obsessive about it - no exceptions. ) That just didn't seem realistic with my lifestyle. Sometimes I have work meetings/dinners and need to be able to make the best choices I can, or for a holiday I may want to have something 'off program'. Also, I wanted the aid of the band with the maintenance part - extra help once the weight is off to help keep it off.

2) it is based on the AA 12 step process. While I am spiritual and believe in God, I just don't feel that I can agree with the statement 'I am powerless over my eating and only God can give me the ability to overcome it'. I actually believe that God gives us our strengths and talent so that we can live the best life we can. I believe that I have the strength / skill / smarts to deal with this - not that it is easy at all, but I don't think I am powerless. Everything I put in my mouth I do on my own - no one forces me, even though there are lots of reasons besides hunger for why I eat. I also believe we all have our strengths and our weaknesses. My weakness / my challenge is emotional eating.

Anyway, I think the idea of a regular support group is really the key and FA can provide that, just the way some other groups can as well.

Heather - very encouraging news! I am rooting for you. Keep the big picture / long haul view when you go on vacation.

So the "failing the band" example last night was a person who ate sliders and needed a fill and was too ashamed about their gain to go in for a fill. That's not you, Tina! I also didn't ask (but should have) where those "failed" band people everyone was talking about had surgery in Mexico or wherever.

Oh, and the "Lose Kaiser, still get fills" thing... if you lose Kaiser how much do you pay for fills, or is that covered, or is it the regular old co-pay. I'd like to school some people if I go back to that meeting.

Woo Hoo Heather - glad to hear he at least listened to you and is willing to revisit the issue.

I had the same feeling about the EG group when I went shortly after I was banded, but when I went I was the only person who had been banded - their tone and clique mentality is why I never went back. Maybe we should start our own EG Lapband group?

I'll check back in later - I have to prepare for a meeting I set up that is at 9 am.

OH Heather I wonder about the fills if you lose Kaiser too!! I hear more layoffs before Christmas and more in February so I would like the answer to that.............I hear so many different stories I would like the straight out facts..............everyone says something different even at Kaiser.......

YAY Heather!! I am so glad he was possitive!! Im excited for ya!! Congrats...

I think Nicole got a fill/unfill and she doesnt have Kaiser anymore why dont ya'll ask her how much it was. I cant remember what she said.

Everyone have a fantastic Tuesday!!

Oh and Heather thanks for finding that site I am going to check it out... I made low cal low fat banana bread last night lol... We will see how it tastes.

Congrats Heather! Your persistance paid off. Tina I am sure yours will too stand your ground girl. Heather thanks for that link on the recipes they look very easy and yummy cant wait to use them in January.

Sorry I couldnt make it last night, I had a huge Migraine and took a nap. Asked my hubby to wake me by 6:30 but he woke me up at 7:30!! I agree though about the EG meeting. Everyone have a great day..I'm starving I need to go eat I am so excited to move to purees tomorrow I am so over full liquids. I can not see another soup!! I have to get through today.

oh and about the fills w/out kaiser....I was with Nicole when she asked baggs and she said Baggs told her he can NOT give her fills anymore if she no longer had Kaiser.

Hi everyone- I am planning to order an med-id bracelet- I forgot what Liz said on the message it has to have does anyone know? if so can you send it to me?

I don't know Candra but this it the first time I have had to deal with this having to "earn" a fill..........I think it is crazy cause there is an assumption that I am not following the rules but I don't feel that the middle man took the time to find out what was going on there was just an assumption...............if I assume things at my job it changes the overall picture. No noe asked me questions they just told me their assessment........so that is my irratation. Ask questions, get the facts and don't assume.........cause assumptions are wrong.

At this point I am not faxing any food logs until I feel like I have put things on the table first. I will bring logs with me to see Dr. Baggs but I am gonna tell him why I don't want a middle man...........

Dr. Baggs has emailed me a couple of time. He didn't say no but I think his hands are tied.........

Turkey burgers and oven fries.... so good!

ok, to cont conversation...what is the difference between turkey...veggie & boca burger? I have tried turkey and liked it. hmmm, turkey fat free chili too!

Good Tues evenin ladies...

Maria..glad to see you doin well, sorry bout the Migraine. In answer to your question...it would be best to get the exact terminology from Richmond,,,but I believe it says something like "No blind NG tube". Perhaps in the binder?

Candra...in just freshly banded...the sweet spot as a tool will come...but in the mean time...what I have learned from SSF is that we need to practice/adhere to the rules of the band, so that when there is restriction, the tool will properly do its job, as long as we are doing ours. Again it is in us to help us, why I say, wish they could band the brain with the belly! hehe. Don't mean to get teachy on it, but is what I am still learning, because as we learn how the band does work, still we cannot push the limits with, or might slip, push or lose it.

Hope this helps!

How is everyone doing, getting back on track after the turkey feasting? I walked 30 min today, home from getting nails done...would have never even thought of doing it before! I can do it, now, yes I can!

So suggestions and who can make it on Sat, Dec 12th or even Sun afternoon, Dec 13th instead? Of course some of us cannot, vacationing somewhere beautiful like...Hawaii, hmm!

Edited by roseyyyd1