Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

And the fun ones....

Our 3 Commandos... again...then

2 - Riley's pet shark hungry, or us hungry as the shark?

3 - Monique reaching for the jewels..for all of us!

4 - Riley's piratey pal...oops!

5 - We SURVIVED Sgt Riley, Maj. Jes & Queen Heather!

Liz, Donna, Monique, Pat, Pam, Riley, Jes, Nicole, Heather!

At the starting point but AFTER the walk...but before,

a delicious lunch @ Applebees!

Next meet up, POINT WEST KAISER -SAT NOV 28th! :wink2:

post-246064-13813138871984_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138872265_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138872558_thumb.jpg

post-246064-13813138872954_thumb.jpg

post-246064-1381313887324_thumb.jpg

Edited by roseyyyd1

Yea I hear ya on the head hunger stuff.........I have been dealing with that all day today. I know it is head hunger. I am going to bed cause I am tired of fighting it.

THat is the good thing about having restriction the head hunger fades out........for me at least. When I don't have restriction it kicks back in.

I have been reading a book on mindful eating and it has alot of the same idea Riley. So far I have learned to slow down, never eat and drive or watch TV and never skip lunch at work........:-) It is important to set time aside to eat..........ok on chapter 3 and reading a bit everyday. But a good book............I think it is called Press Pause before you eat or something like that........good, good book.

ah the pictures are so great!! Everyone looks good!!

Everyone is shrinking down since I last saw you all!!

Riley you have lost since I last saw you. I know you still have a bit to lose but I don't know from where?? Girl I think you are at goal.

I wish we had a head hunger thing here in sacramento. This stress class is right at 5pm and trying to get there from work is stressing me out!!! I wish it was more like six. I am not sure if I will survive all 12 weeks. I might have to look for another class that is not at the same time I get off work!! I think I would do better with the head hunger class............

I also think NIcole (AUDSMOM) is at goal too!! Last time I saw her there was nowhere else for her to lose from!!

OK...last one...our 3 caballeras who scared us under the bridge....Gotcha back! hehehe :wink2:

post-246064-13813138873512_thumb.jpg

Elk Grove WLS Support Group

Monday

7-9pm

First floor conference room

I'll see you ladies there!

Candra, where are you? Are you in jail because you gave bridezilla a swift kick in the arse?

It was so great to meet everyone yesterday.

Jewel - Thanks for organizing/picking thespot; it was a great place to walk. You look great and my hats off to you for having 3 in college; I don't know how you do it. I thought it was hard with 1!

Heather and Donna - great pics. Thanks for posting. It was fun walking with you.

Liz and Canolie - it was great to meet you. So neat you are doing this together.

Monique - you are doing great for 3 weeks post - awesome!

Pam - you look great, so different from your online pic. I love your hair.

Riley dear - it was a great day. SCWLS meeting was really good for me. I'm so glad you got to meet my sister - she is a neat lady - pretty hot for 68! It was great talking. You are my inspiration. I love what they said at the meeting in the morning about getting help from someone and then later being able to help someone else through this process - kinda like 'as you reach for someone's hand then make sure your offer your hand to someone else". Anyway, you are my hand now. I'll see your Tuesday.

Ash and Lee - I am doing the 1200 cal like the book says, but like Riley, I really cut down on the starch carbs (nothing white like Tina). My grain carb is a bread from Trader Joes called Daily Bread - it is made with whole grain, no sugar and no oil; the cinnamon raisin is really good. It is really working for me 23lbs in 9 weeks.

Edited by wantshealth

I have been reading a book on mindful eating and it has alot of the same idea Riley. So far I have learned to slow down, never eat and drive or watch TV and never skip lunch at work........:-) It is important to set time aside to eat..........ok on chapter 3 and reading a bit everyday. But a good book............I think it is called Press Pause before you eat or something like that........good, good book.

Tina that is one of the books that we got material out of for my head hunger class! Yes, stop and press pause - dealy and sitract - I want to get bracelets made up that say, D.I.E.T. - in the WWJD tradition, but DIET stands for "Do I eat that/this"?

Donna! great pics, thank you so much!!

OK...last one...our 3 caballeras who scared us under the bridge....Gotcha back! hehehe :tt2:

Those little brats! I love them :biggrin:

Good Morning!

It's Monday and we all get to make this a great week.

I really liked seeing the pictures. I feel like I'm still trying to put names to stories and now even faces. It looks like you all had a great time.

I'm doing ok. I'm still not on the 1200 but I can see myself headed that way. My scale is going down a little everyday which is unusual for me. It seems that something happened at my gallbladder surgery that suddenly has me losing on the same food I was eating prior. I did WW both last year and this year, following the program to the letter, not a single cheat and lost only 1 pound a month. Maybe my GB was hanging me up in some way.

Pat, I eat the TJ's sprouted wheat bread with high Protein. I don't snack or eat sugar, flour, grains etc. I'm having a tough time switching from my very low carb to the 1200. I just have to bite it and do it. I'm keeping my calories at or below 1200, just not in the breakdown that Robin gave us.

Morning everyone!!

Here we go AGAIN. LOL. I got on the scale 273. wow! I am really just going up and up and no where down.

I am going to the dollar store today to buy some of those big poster boards to hang signs around my house...LOL...I know it sounds weird, BUT I NEED TO DO THIS!! I am going to make them say things like REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOUR PAYING COBRA lol and things like that!! I am going to put some pictures of myself at my heaviest as well.....*shrugs*

I was going to do Atkins, or even the extream Cabbage Soup diet but laying in bed last night I thought why? I was 285 in July and by Sept I was at 256, all following the 1200 cal diet. Obviously IT DOES WORK so why stress on some fad diet which I fail EVERY TIME I do them. So I am back on the 1200 as of today. I am going to Trader Joes to get the bread someone above mentioned to slowly move back into this diet.

Have a good week! Going to the Weds Richmond meeting if anyone else wants to come.

Good morning everyone. I feel very lazy today..I think I'm just going to cuddle up on my counch and watch a movie. OMG 2 more days!! see you all at 7pm tonight. I decided to get on Clear Liquids today and tomorrow. You guys think that's a good idea? I was hoping to clear out my stomach b4 my surgery. Should I?

Good morning everyone!

Maria there is no need for liquids - esp. clears - before surgery. YOU NEED YOUR NUTRIENTS!! You will have days and days after surgery where you will not be able to get any Protein, so don't prolong that by doing clears now. THAT SAID - I did liquids (not clears, but fulls - Proteins but not carbs) for 2 days before because I was freaked about my liver being too big! So I understand . . but it really isn't necessary and I could have saved myself the trouble. If I had to do it again though, I would probably to the same thing. Kaiser SF puts their heavier patients on liquid before surgery, some for as long as 2 weeks.

Tamra, what a good idea! It doesn't sound crazy at all - I need visual reminders, too. And about all the diets that we tried before and failed at - and we DID fail, ultimately, or we would not be here - forget it! We were all professional dieters, and we have to unlearn everything that we thought we knew about losing weight. Seriously! That was the most important thing that I learned at orientation - to forget everything that I thought I knew about dieting. The 1200 DOES WORK! You may have to tweak it for your personal dislikes or problem foods, but really, try to stick with it as best you can. I think us post-band girls will agree that we don't lose as well when we go below 1200 calories a day - many of us lost faster on the 1200 that we do now! Not as easy as now, but it was faster for me. Of course I had a lot more to lose then, so I guess it's all relative :blink:

Donna the shark is my main eHarmony photo now! I also put up a disclaimer that my sense of humor is rather twisted, and some would call it downright warped. What do you think? Too much? I "loosened my standards" (said I would accept matches who smoked & were trying to quit, and also a broader "range' geographically) and got a new bunch of matches now. Unfortunately, some of the guys that I THOUGHT i was communicating with, were not even subscribers! So unless they sign up and pay for the service - a 3 month minimum at like $40 a month - they do not even get to read my questions. What a crock! They use that to try and get people who have taken the profile and "free trial" to join the club! They aslo sent me a match whose membership had expired at the end of September - said so right in his profile. Can you believe that?? Grrr! This better be worth it :tt2:

OK going to go walk now that the temp is above 40. My AWS day off, need to clean but exercise is more attractive :biggrin:

Hi Everyone. I'm sorry I didn't make it.. I was ready and everything.. then I had a family issue to take care of and it screwed up pretty much my whole day.

I feel like i'm losing focus on my goal.

and it makes me not like myself too much.. uggh.. I wish I would've made it.. I sooo need the support group booster.

Well i'm glad you all had a goood time.. hopefully I will make the next one.. I'm just going thru soo much right now. i'm hoping by this week I could get back on track..