Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Ladies - Haven't been on in the last couple day, but have caught up on all the posts. I missed Riley's support group on Tuesday and rushed out of work yesterday at 5:45 thinking I would just make it to Richmond by 6:30 and realized the support group starts at 6. Just a crazy week. So having you all is terrific.

Tough days at work and today is a Migraine day - a bad one too since I've taken all 3 Maxalts I can for 1 day so I hope it stays in check. Almost was sick to my stomach.

I hate to complain since I do have a job and am able to support my family and I know some of you are really having a tough time. Today, I have just fired my 5th person in a little over a year - I've been managing for almost 20 years and have only done 2 others in all that time. Have also been involved with layoffs and potential layoff discussion almost every year for the last 8 years. This has just been crazy and it just tears me up - so not who I am at my core. Sort of try to live my life by "not doing any harm to others" if I can help it. Really eats at me - talk about emotional eating! So I have to say I don't know if private is any better than public - its rough everywhere.

Riley - so sorry you are now dealing with this. We're here for you. So bummed I didn't get to see you Tuesday and give you a B'day hug. I hope you have a great time Sat. Also need a update on the new man!

Candra - sounds like a good visit with Dr. Fisher and some good insights. It helps to hear about what the healing process your body is going through - gives a better appreciation for why things feel and happen they way they do. Interesting what he said about hunger - this time around I am really trying to let myself be OK with hunger. In other words, I'm not going to die because I'm hungry - especially not with 100+ pounds to lose!!! I find sometimes - not always - it is OK, like just another physical feeling, like a muscles ache or a something. Not being very clear, but just something I thought I needed to deal with and not always feel like because I'm hungry I have to eat or something bad is going to happen to me. The head hunger and emotional eating are the really hard ones for me.

Heather - I know the 1200 is hard, but I think it works. I'm not doing any sugar or carbs. The only carb I do is a bread that is only made with grain and Water - no sugar - no oil (Trader Joe's Daily Bread). I am a sugar/carb addict so I'm trying to see if I can do without. I don't trust myself to just do a little - it gets so out of control with me. Very very hard. May not be able to do but have been able to for almost 6 weeks now. I so relate to what you said about coming home and that is it on the exercise. If I don't do in the morning it doesn't get done. I Really really need to work on this.

I like the home scale vs Kaiser, but am not doing it on my ticker until I get my surgery date! (But home says I'm 3+ lbs less!)

Tina - hope you feel better soon. We do have similiar #s and yes, I'm 5'6", so I hoping I'll have your luck with the band woking/tightness!

Jess - take it easy. I thought it might be tough going back to work - something I worry about since my job is demanding and has lots of long hours. Great on the 2 lbs!

Monique - routing for you! You are doing great - hope each day feels a little better.

Reggie - I had a really really bad experience on Phen/fen so I'm not a big advocate of pills for this. But I get why you want to.

Maria - hi - this is a great group.

Canolie, Analynn, Beatriz - how are you? Where are you?

Edited by wantshealth

[quote=wantshealth;1349407

Reggie - I had a really really bad experience on Phen/fen so I'm not a big advocate of pills for this. But I get why you want to.

Thanks, I know it's not the best choice, but my scale is moving up instead of down:mad2:. I know what to do but the band is not helping me right now until get a fill.

I'm a total advocate of the 1200 cal. I lost 60 lbs, but I can't get myself back on track! I don't know what my problem is! I think I need to remind myself that its ok to be hungry. I need to be strict wtih myself. I have the best intentions when I start the day but by bedtime it's all gone downhill. I think I need to find another support group, once per month isn't cutting it. I guess I should stop saying I'm going to the EG group and actually go. I think I should look into taking a class too, for emotional eating or the stress management or whatever. I need to get back on this band wagon! I was doing so well for so long, but I've been struggling way too long.

Oh yeah, i'll be there Saturday.

Morning All,

Headed out to work this morning. Busy day!!

Sent my daughter back to school today so I have to make up from being home yesterday. Glad I have a job......sad that many of my coworkers are getting pink slips today. Gonna be a long day in some ways I am afraid.

I am down another pound this morning. One more pound and I will be under 200. My band is really tight I am having problems eating but the fluids are going down fine and I have protien shots so I think nutrition wise I am doing ok. I don't want an unfill and I know if I just lose a bit more that it will loosen up on it's own. I also like losing ...........and right now I am on a roll :-) So far 8 pounds since my fill three weeks ago. This is more like it......Maybe over the weekend I will get below 200. Than the next goal is 180 after that :-)

Have a great day!! Riley thinking about you today. I hope that guy retires over the holidays. I am hearing alot of people here will retire over the holidays in our county.......I hope!!

I will have clothes for the exchange this weekend. Funny what 8 pounds down can do..........I went through 4 pairs of pants this morning trying to find something that fit. Everything got to big the last month...........I guess I am now out of Lane Bryant and need to find a new favorite store...........my 14/16's still fit and I can last with them hopefully for another month. But really I am doing better with XL's right now. I do have a stack of size 12 clothing my mom gave me a couple of months ago........not quite there........but at least I know I have some clothes waiting. I can't afford to keep buying clothes.........I need to clean out my closet again today after work.

Ah ladies my house is a mess. I really, really need to clean it up this weekend!! I find it hard to be organized and on top on things with food and work when my house is messy..........all this leaving early and coming home late is taking its toll. Well going to bed early hasn't helped keep my house clean either...........:-P. I have to try to reschedule my life this weekend and get back organized and get the house clean.............having a messy teen doesn't help either...........so ideas on how to get organized and keep organized??? :-)

Edited by swrktp

Happy FLY-DAY Friday!:w00t:

Sorry I've been missing in action.. Goin thru some "EMOTIONS or Motions:crying::closedeyes::sneaky:" in life..

ok I SERIOUSLY NEED SUPPORT SO i'm going to try and be there tomorrow for the support Group. Anyone else gonna be there?? (I GET TO BE WITH THE COOL LAPBAND KIDS THIS TIME!!) lol j/k

ok my current weight.. FIRST OFF before I state where i'm at in life.. can I just say.. I HATE ALL WEIGHT SCALES.. and YES its partly because of my fault.. but i'm running an average of 5lbs between the regular scale at the Gym, the Digital Weight watchers scale here at work, and then the old school scale at my mama's.. I'M either 200 lbs even or 195.7. I'm becomming OCD on the weight scale thing and I DON'T LIKE IT ALL..:lol:

I did one day of liquid diet and it was surprisingly .. not that bad.. soo I'm thinking i'm gonna do it again for this weekend and see how that works. GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH.:)

ohh I wanted to ask.. I'm looking into buying my vitamins.. but I don't want to spend too much.. and I'd like to be able to buy it at Walmart or Target oppose to ordering on line.. can anyone give me a suggestion on Good cheap Multivitamins? and how much do I take.. and what else will I need? (calcium, etc..)

ok ladies and Gents, looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow!:)

Good Afternoon ladies and gent!

Today is my day 3 post-op! I am beginning to feel better and not so sore! I slept well and never, never have I been so happy to eat some grits.

Here is what I've had so far today...

Monique -so glad to hear you are feeling better..but please tell what you had today.

Analynn- I will be there tomorrow at point west, where in Point west are the meetings held?

who else is going?

Good Fri Afternoon Everyone!

Hi Maria! You will be there tomorrow? Sooo cooool! Cant wait to meet you and several new to our group (I missed last month's). And we will be doing lunch afterwards tooo!

For anyone needing the info...

KAISER POINT WEST MED OFFICES

1650 Response Road, Sac, 95815

(Go to the center back of the building-conference rm.)

SAT OCT. 24TH 11:00- 1:00

Who else is planning on it? We usually sit in the right hand back, as you enter the room. We have a joint meeting, then for the last half split up to prospective surgery groups.

Hope to see y'all soon! :closedeyes:

I am under 200!!! Finally!!!

I am now 199.9. I still need to get down a couple more to be safely under 200 but I can't believe it. 202 this morning and 199.9 this afternoon. I don't know why but won't complain. I guess my liquid diet is helping. Nothing solid staying down and I can only have HOT liquids or I PB. But seriously lots of Soup and Water and I am doing fine............

Woohoo!! I am in onederland!!!

I am trying to be there tomorrow. I have a family thing tomorrow but I am trying to fit both in.................I might come for lunch if I don't make it to the actual meeting :-)

Thanks Candra. I hope I stay a member of wonderland for more than one day!! LOL!!

195 and I will be safely a member of onderland..........:-) and maybe my band will loosen a bit by than!! At this rate I will be there in a week.........

I see Dr. Baggs on Thursday.........if I decide to get a fill.

Hi Ladies!!!!

You are all doing so well, keep at it! Welcome back Donna! Congrats Monique!!

Working tomorrow so no meeting this time :closedeyes: Disappointed as I had a good time last meeting! Will miss you all!

I'm officially sleep Apnea free! I was diagnosed by Kaiser about nine years ago with severe Sleep Apnea, 80 events in an hour. A few weeks before my Bariatric Orientation I had my tonsils removed and some sinus work done. After months of having trouble sleeping with the take home sleep study kit I did a sleep test in Roseville Sleep center and had no events and my oxygen level was normal. I can’t get over that it’s gone. As I got heavier my Apnea got worse so I never thought I would be free of it. I’m weaning myself off the CPAP machine as I just can’t stop using it cold turkey, kind of strange, guess I’m so used to it. Doctor says I may still have it slightly as one test is not a perfect diagnosis but as long as I sleep well without the CPAP and have no Apnea type symptoms I should be good to go. It will be great not dragging that thing around everywhere! Thought I’d share this incase any of you have sinus issues, large tonsils and Sleep Apnea as I chickened out of this surgery eight years ago.

I hope you all have a great weekend and have fun tomorrow at the meeting!

Edited by skiingj

Just saying hello to everyone! so glad your all doing well and everyone is on track :closedeyes:

I wont be getting banned anytime soon, I am off the diet and no longer have kaiser...still waiting to have the phone interview from unemployment. no money, nothing. depending on others to help me. it sucks, I have NEVER been in a situation like this....horrible horrible.

If i do get unemployment I will get cobra and try again.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!