Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina where are you my friend? Do you want any dresses? Got some 14s and 16s bagged up, and will see you in Pinole on the 24th . . . lemme know?

I have a serious question??? Are you post-op peops REALLY following the 1200 diet???

Oh heavens no! 1200 is WAY too much food after lap-band. I probably eat the most out of all of us, I got close to 1200 today (1,153) but that was a big day for me and I am in training so I burn off 800-1,000 calories a day. They want us eating more like 600-900 calories, I average 900 to 1100 a day. BUT they don't want us to count cals exactly - just to follow the post-op diet ("modified regular diet") in the binder. I am meat-free and wheat-free so I modify it a bit with Robin's help

Opps! My bad! I really meant to say, PRE-op.

riley, thanks for the quick response though.

Hey everyone! SO---I'm heading into Vacaville tomorrow to get a small unfill with Dr. Baggs. Thank god he'll be there and I don't have to go all the way to Richmond! When I had my fill on Thursday I drank a sip of Water through the straw laying down, but when I sat up he never had me drink the usual cup of water. I didn't think about it until I was on the drive home and was drinking my water bottle and noticed that the water was backing up in my throat (I could've gargled it!). I was hoping it would settle down by the next day but it didn't.

Since Thursday all I've been able to eat is cream of wheat, applesauce, pudding, Tomato Soup. I've pb'd pickles, chicken, and pineapple. I'm okay drinking water now but food is just not happening.

The good thing is that I've lost almost 7 lbs since Thursday! lol, not the healthiest way to do it but Dr. Baggs isn't worried. He said as long as I can keep my Fluid intake normal that I'll be fine until Monday. He said I don't have to go to the ER in Richmond unless I can't drink water, but thankfully that hasn't been the case.

Anyway, long story short I'm going back tomorrow to have a little bit taken out. I'm gonna ask him to take 1cc out, then we can play it by ear and see how I'm doing for my appt with him in Vaca next month.

Just updating you all...will let you know how it goes tomorrow!

Wow, 7 lbs. since Thursday?!?! That's like right after banding! I'm glad you're getting a little unfill. Do you think your organs are already starting to swell, or that it's just hormones? I have heard (actually, read) a lot of women (me and Tina included) say that we are noticably tighter during our TOM, I am pretty sure it's hormones. But thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you and the little band baby! :-)

You're exactly right on Riley. Dr. Baggs said that all the extra estrogen in my body is making all the organs swell and that's why 6.5 feels SO tight to me when 6.5 was where I was at at my FIRST FILL! It's amazing to me how different 6.5 feels now then when it did in May. CRAZY.

I was also reading in my preggo book that I already have produced an extra 10% more blood than before being pregnant and that at the end of pregnancy I'll have 40-50% more blood than pre-pregnancy! No wonder we feel so heavy and swollen and bloated at the end!

I can't wait to eat some real food tomorrow! I can't promise that I won't drive through In-N-Out on the way home though...I've been frickin' starving!

Hi Christine, wow, are you going to blog all this? Learning so much thru you, with your band baby and band. So are you starting to show? Does Sophie understand it yet? So glad you are hydrating well! We miss you!

Yes Donna, I have it on my calendar to make a video this week. I'll probably make monthly videos since there won't be much to report on the weight loss for the next 7 months, lol.

I'm not showing yet, actually feel less bloated and poochy then I have in a week or so from losing so much so fast. I'm sure that once I start eating 1200 cals again I'll put a couple back on pretty quick and I'm okay with that.

Sophie is SO excited to be a big sister. I try not to talk about it too much because I don't want the wait to seem like forever for her. After the holidays are over we'll start planning and buying stuff and decorating the nursery since we'll find out the sex at the beginning of December. The wait won't seem so long to her if she really only starts thinking about it alot after the holidays, and the holidays will keep her distracted for the next few months!

Good idea, it can be so long for their little minds to wait! Glad u will do a video, just bet there are women who are so curious to what you are going thru. Would be good to share the difference the band is making thru ur pregnancy. Again, I am so glad for younger women having this tool, and to grow healthier with their children. I believe, I have added years onto my life, to be ready (when the time comes) for the grandchildren! But it is fun, just keeping up with my young guys now. Can you come do the walk with us? As a fam?

Also, did your nausea go away, seems like you have not mentioned it, so I hope so! Hope to see u on the 26th!

Yep Riley I am interested in the dresses!! LOL.

Chris I hear ya I have a few days like that too. Good thing your going back. I did not go back and put up with PB'ing several times a day for almost two weeks first.......by than I was so swollen I couldn't drink anything.........argh!! I also lost real quick but once I lost the restriction went up a couple..........

Seriously being to tight is NOT a good feeling. I get the ice cream!! I was doing ice cream and clear Soups and half the time that wouldn't stay down either..........

It will feel good to get some out......

Having said that I am at 5cc's right now. Seriously not much restriction at all!! I was so tight at 5cc's back in June........couldn't even eat bread. Serious this time five doesn't give me any restriction..........

Ok i kinda read everything but cant promise i READ everything of the three pages lol:) Sorry girls.

Riley isnt it fun shopping:) Or even shopping and not spending a dime? But tryin on these tiny clothes. Im tryin not to buy anything because ive realized what you have and i need to wait till the week before xmas to buy my outfit cause everything changes every day.

Candra : TOMORRRRRROW! How exciting have ur hubs text me. Huge hugs!

Jess: your next:D And WOW! YOU LOOKED AWESOME In that dress:D

Tina: miss you

Donna ill do the 5k but im not about to do a marathon on Dec 6..

Monique the 1200 cal diet everyone tweaks.. but post op you wont get close to it.. the only days you will have 1200 cals is when u cheat and have icecream... :thumbdown:

Sorry i havent been around ladies, ive been dealing with a lot.. but we all know how that goes:) Im tryin to let my life calm down a bit.:) Ive had a sweet tooth since i got sick. Luckily not gaining but not loosing.

Ok im gonna go to bed.. talk to you all later big hugs:)

Everyone that has been havin issues with the diet lately:) Lets all start back tomorrow.. i am:) OH donna, i got lendoras mint cocoa and drank one.. the Protein in it WORKS.. lol it kept me full from 8am till 3... crazy!

good Morning Ladies... Just wanted to say thanks Riley!! I sincerly appreciate it!..

Candra!! its your day girl!!! I'm praying you have a safe and speedy recovery!!

Go Candra, go Candra - relaxing in the recliner right now, woo-hoo!!! Ya think I should text her right now? I totally had my phone in pre-op - AND post op, I just didn't feel like bending over to grab it when it kept ringing in post-op!!!

Good morning lovely ladies, happy Monday to all!

Nicole LOL, it's me that wants to train for the Dec. 6th marathon, not Donna! She thinks I'm insane too :-) I'm glad you are going to do the 5K with us!!

good Morning Ladies... Just wanted to say thanks Riley!! I sincerly appreciate it!..

Candra!! its your day girl!!! I'm praying you have a safe and speedy recovery!!

We're here for you girlfirend!!! All the way - a healthier you is all we want :)

Morning all....At work today, sooo much to wrap up.

I already sent Candra a text at 6:15 :) yea she's probably real chill by now.

ok there is a good chance I had one too many mimosas yesterday. Passed out early, but I've been up since 2am, with way too much on my mind.

ok everybody, have a great monday, well a great as a monday can be.