Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Ladies!! Sooo Sorry for not coming on here in awhile.. was recovering from my teeth.. then had issues with the Stalking Ex-hubby.. UGGH... Anyways just wanted to wish everyone a safe happy 3 day Weekend!!! I have family flying in from So-cal so i'll be tour guide this weekend! Ohhh and by the way this Tuesday I go to Richmond Kaiser for the Pre-Op Orientation! I look forward to it!

Hey all

Jes how frustrating!! It has gotta work out!! Really last minute warning though!! So why the PCP and cardiologist? I didn't have to do that.............

Donna I wish you had met Dr. Baggs I was late so I didn't have time to come get you......It took me over two hours to get to Richmond cause of traffic. Usuall just an hour 1/2...............I even had to give up my starbucks on the way there!! I stopped by work to drop stuff off and took to long to get out of there............Poor Dr. Baggs I was 15 minutes late

Hi ladies, jess oh my how STRESSFUL!! Why are they requiring this? I didnt need anything from my pcp, and i never met a cardiologist, and my scan even came back abnormal 2x.. so that is weird... Maybe she thinks ur skinny already:)

A friend today who hasnt seen me since preop.. was all arent you glad you didnt do surgery.. i thought about it.. and i decided to tell her.. I didnt wanna lie. But once i did she classified me as a RNY!!! i was like im nowhere near that.

Remember I had a heart attack before so that's why. The point is my PCP is the one who wants me to get this, I wasn't even considering it. I told Dr P that but she still said I need to do this. Why didn't she say something when I met with her the 1st time. We talked about my heart and she said that lap band would be better than RNY for me blah blah blah. I mean why can't she just go through my chart and figure it out for herself? CYA I guess.

At any rate nobody called me back from the PCP's office, that would have been too much like right.

I'm determined to get this done so I will be on the phone with them 1st thing Tuesday morn. Don't forget I work a half block from my PCP's office at Kaiser and I don't have a problem just showing up.

Just show up Jes! They can't put you on hold and ignore you if you just show up!

Yea I say just show up too!!

Jes I didn't know about the heart attack. Wow you have come a long way. I think they will work it out just stressful. I think Dr. P has to do this for liability issues. LIke if someone goes wrong it is not totally her fault they will say your doctor approved it...........we all know nothing will go wrong but Dr. Baggs had me sign a million papers before surgery. This is all about liability for Kaiser and for her. Easier to share blame than to be totally at fault.............

Thought I would check in before bed before I get too far behind. I talked to Candra for a few minutes this morning. How was Breakfast?

I got all my kids to school and then started watching "The Reader" - it was a really good movie. I had to stop to go for my physical with my PCP. What a joke - good thing I don't have to pay a copay for a physical. I was only in there 15 minutes max. The nurse took my blood pressure and the darn machine did it three times before it got a reading. My blood pressure was 95/63 and my temp was 96.6 - both seemed low to me. I had fasted so I could get the blood work done before I left. I told my PCP that I had lost 75 lbs and he didn't remember I had been banded. Do you think he could have told me good job? Of course not. He checked my ears, listened to my heart, had me breath, checked my pulse in my ankles, felt my neck and glanced at my stomach - for that I had to get down to my bra and panties? So he didn't even get to see me looking thinner in my clothes. He said I see you had bloodwork in Jan - I told him Dr. Im requested it - he went over the results and said oh you don't need bloodwork now - jeez that was almost 8 mths ago - I told him I fasted for nothing then - and it was 11 am. So he went ahead and ordered bloodwork. I told him I knew he didn't want me to have bariatric surgery and he said he never thought that and that he has referred others for bariatric surgery. Gosh I really need to change PCPs. You can bet if I still weighed 285 I would have heard about it from him.

I ended up getting a supreme crunchy taco for lunch and I was able to eat it all no problem - must be time for a fill. The teacher and I had a nice lunch - but darn the kids that don't want to go to recess and come back to the room instead - my daughter included. Can't have an adult conversation with them listening. :)

My friend Jay from work came over this afternoon and fixed a problem I was having with my computer's cd drive - I had bought and installed a new drive, but the driver was missing. He only charged me $20 for the 2 hours he spent at my computer. Really nice guy - married and too young for me anyway.

I am roasting a turkey tomorrow and having all the Thanksgiving fixings and having my parents over for dinner. Doesn't really excite me since I can't eat most of it anyway. I spent last Thanksgiving pbing turkey and gravy.

Need to go take a Tylenol - headache is coming on.

I told him I knew he didn't want me to have bariatric surgery and he said he never thought that and that he has referred others for bariatric surgery.

Think he meant me?

I tried to call Kaiser today to talk with the women at my pcp's office (I should have just sent a message with Pam!). I called the EG Operator and asked for the number or to be transfered to Medicine 2. She gave me the advice line. I said, "Isn't that the advice nurse/appt line?" And she said, yeah you have to call the call center. This is so absurd! I can't take this much more. I just wanted to talk to Ms. Attitude who doesn't like it when I just show up for my weight checks. Well, since it took me my entire afternoon break using the freakin' automated system. Why can't I just talk to a person? I think I'll just email Doc Fisher and explain that I'm having trouble getting my pcp's staff to cooperate.

I'm thinking of going to the trampoline aerobics thing in the morning. :)

Good mornin all,

Heather, I think you should email Doc Fisher - remind him though where you live so he just doesn't tell you to come to Richmond. I HATE THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM!

Pammie - how are you feeling? Headache gone?

Jes, I am so upset about your dilema. I think Dr. Park should be doing more to help you since she messed up. I agree that you should just show up on Tuesday and demand to see somebody - Also, I would have the attending page your doctor to get the OK - vacation or no vacation! Your doctor can email Dr. Park!

Nicole - did you straighten your friend out?

Oh, Tina - you poor thing having to sit in traffic that long. It was bad on Thursday, not usually like that!

LaChika - enjoy orientation! Let us know how it goes for you.

Hey Donna - no blister! But that will teach me to log on in the mornings to make sure I didn't miss anything - like we're going to walk the bridge so bring your shoes HAHAHA. So sorry it took you so long to get home! Love the hair cut!!!! Want to find some of that "dust" that you use - I cut my hair too - about 4inches off! Was way to stringy and I had just been so lazy about it.

Got 2 parties to go to today - a 1 year old party and a sweet 16 party - Lots a cake! first one starts at noon so I guess I better get moving - I'm the only one online right now anyway! Have a great day ladies - smooches

PS: April - check in with us and let us know how you're feeling and what's going on with your claim!

Hey Candra I am on!! Just catching up on reading..........

I am going to a GReek Festival today. I was married to a greek guy and lived in Greece for awhile. So love the food and culture. My daughter is half greek so I try to take her to all the cultural stuff. The food is great but we'll see I get full fast, not stuck but full so that is weird.

Strange thing happened yesterday. I was at subway and was fine than I passed out. I felt it coming slowly and I should have gone outside but I was paying for our food. I just went down. Fifeteen minutes later I was driving home and was fine. I have not idea what happened. I think it was to hot in their.........the only other things is I drank a slurpee down really fast a half hour before......I had to wait in the hot sun for my daughter to finish volleyball practice and the only thing within walking distance was slurpees or soda...........figured better go with slurpee.........I drank a huge one down in about 10 minutes cause it was so darn hot.............could the sugar and sun do that...........geez scary!! NOt to mention embarrassing!! But I have been fine since..........I hope that never happens again but I didn't get advanced warning it just happened!!

Ok ladies have a great day!!

morning all,

I was going to go do the bridge today but I think I'm gonna just stay home and lay around.

Wow Tina that's not good. That happened to me at an out door concert. They took me to the medics and told me I didn't have enough Water, did you? Be careful remember you just had a fill if anything call the bariatrics dept after hours number. Anyway have fun and the greek festival.

Candra, I meant to call you yesterday but I was so wrapped up in my Dr P drama. whatever! Have fun at the parties. Check in with me, I don't have any thing planned this weekend, which is a good thing.

Yea do a ticker Jes!!

Yea it was HOT in sacramento and I was waiting in a hot car for over an hour for my daughter. I drank that slurpee which should have helped but it was pure sugar I could tell...........than hadn't eaten.........we were at Subway to eat...........I think it was bad timing. Used to happen to me alot when I was pregnant I would go down. Reason I only have one kid the pregnancy was to hard on me!! LOL

I gotta walk that bridge sometime. Looked really fun and the view is great!!

Yep Donna I noticed your hair too and like it!!