Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I have lost alot of hair too!! I think it is finally slowing down through. I am afraid of the spikey hairs growing back too Riley!! But losing weight is a nice trade!! My finger nails stopped peeling so I have hope this will stop too.

Maria don't let my experience scare you!! I only posted it just so people know what happens. I sorta have a feeling I was to tight so I needed to just listen to my body and go with it. Now I know what to tight is about so I will be able to do something sonner next time.

I am still glad I got the band and actually glad it happend when I was only 10 minutes from my surgeon. I knew Dr. Baggs would see me if he could. ALso really needed time with Robin alone and helped alot to talk to her and have her confirm what I already figured I was way to tight..........probably from the last fill on!!

I still have some restriction today. I feel it just not the same as before. BUt some of that is swelling I am sure.

Just cause I had a minor problem isn't any reason for anyone to get scared. Just wanted to let you all know so that if you think your to tight to listen to your body........my intuition was telling me I was to tight next time I am gonna go with that and talk to Robin and Dr. Baggs sooner...........

No worries.............

Im annoyed. I can't email Baggs and give him a weight update because he isn't showing as one of my Drs because I havent seen him yet....sucks! And Pinole is not "up to date" as the girl told me, and couldnt record in health something....she just put it right in my file and told me to tell the Dr to look there for it....lol...im going to Martinez next time!

Anyways, talking to my mom now, trying to figure tomorrow out. The circus has a show tonight, but Its at 730 in Oakland, and there's a niner game tonight...traffic!!!!

Tamra, I called Kelly and had her record my weight in the Richmond system for me. I don't know if she will still do that or not.

Once you are on Dr. Baggs patient list he is SO GREAT about getting back to you right away!! I really appreciate that!!

Tina: i know i am not as tight as you were all i am saying is i never want to be.. i already have problems with eating. I think i am one fill away from pbing constantly. Because if i have just a tiny amnt of stress i pb all day... if i dont chew, drink Water first, or eat one bite too much i pb, and it doesnt matter what im eating, can be Proteins, softs, or liquids.. I am just contemplating getting a fill because at this rate, ill be too tight here real soon. :( Honestly i could probably use a slight unfill, but im learning to work with what i have and i have not resorted to full liquids..

How are you feeling today???

Im gonna email dr baggs today about my hair issues, because, even with me taking my vits every time i touch my hair i have 2-5 strands in my hand. AND, like i said earlier it is noticeably worse, its getting to the point of embarrasment. My dad was teasing me that im balding...What sucks is on the crown where im loosing hair there is no small regrowth hairs... Do you think dr baggs can refer me or anything? Maybe ill get mike to take pics later and i can post them...

Riley thanks for the link im gonna go there next!:thumbup:

I hope to see the 170s tomorrow, the last three days were just like after surgery i love it!

Im being so bad though i havent done my c25k in about a week now.. i need to get my butt back out there!!!:thumbup: its just so freakin hot by the time i wake up.. and hot all the way till dark...

OH NIcole your doing good!! Wow you losing like crazy again!!

I was doing ok until the last week. All of a sudden I just tighten up to much. I mean before I think I was similiar to you Nicole where I had to be careful than BAM!! I couldn't eat anything but Soup...........so ok I can work with that for 10 more days!! I thought.......than that last morning I could drink Water. I thought first it was just that morning routine but it got worse at the day went by..........so it was really sudden!! It was an ok #$&^% moment cause I had always said as long as I could drink Water I would work with it!! Would you call that a soft signal from the body or a hard one!!! LOL.

I am totally fine today. Just a headache from all the PB'ing the last few days.........but no permenent damage today. I am doing fine with liquids today but really HUNGRY, HUNGRY today.............that part I won't be liking but after talking to Robin I am serious gonna get rid of all sliders, even salad for a couple of weeks and get to the protien.

I will go in at the end of the month for a fill. I am gonna call Kelly today to get something 2 weeks out. Than maybe I can also get in on the group fill. Dr. Baggs said once the swelling is down we can work on getting back to the sweet spot!!

I still hope to be under 200 by the next fill just gotta work for it now...........but not taking for granted I do have a band and 4cc's which is more than I had pre op.

I am in a positive mood today. I think finally doing what I needed to do helped me alot.....................

Aloha Friday Ladies!!

thanks for the invite on the group gathering. I WOULD LOVE TO GO.. but I have plans for this weekend already.. For sure on the next one!!

YAY!! today's my pre-op class/appt... I AM SOO READY TO DO THIS!!

One of my co-workers here is also going thru the same thing I told her to get onto this thread and join our group.. the funny thing is she mentioned that she already KNOWS about this group because of her cousin "SMALLERJ" - Do you know Kim Gunn?!! Such a small World!!

Anyways- I haven't started dieting.. i've been pretty much eating whatever but being more concious about "HOW MUCH" I eat.. I know that I'll be doing the 1200 calorie diet soon so .i've been tryin to chew my food 30 times.. HAHA.. wow.. by the time I hit #30.. Its pretty much gone by then..

anyways.. I'm leaving work early so I can make it to my appointment on time and my internet is down at my apt. sooo if you don't hear from me this weekend I'm wishing you all A WONDERFUL weekend now!.. 5 more hours b4 class.. I don't think i've ever been this excited to go to Class in my life!

I have to remember- REQ richmond Kaiser.. and Dr. Baggs right??

OH NIcole your doing good!! Wow you losing like crazy again!!

I was doing ok until the last week. All of a sudden I just tighten up to much. I mean before I think I was similiar to you Nicole where I had to be careful than BAM!! I couldn't eat anything but soup...........so ok I can work with that for 10 more days!! I thought.......than that last morning I couldn't drink Water. I thought first it was just that morning routine but it got worse at the day went by I got freaking tighter now looser..........so it was really sudden!! It was an ok #$&^% moment cause I had always said as long as I could drink Water I would work with it!! Would you call that a soft signal from the body or a hard one!!! LOL. I think next time if I can't eat solids than would be the point to give in and get an unfill. So I learned something...............

I am totally fine today. Just a headache from all the PB'ing the last few days.........but no permenent damage today. I am doing fine with liquids today but really HUNGRY, HUNGRY today.............that part I won't be liking but after talking to Robin I am serious gonna get rid of all sliders, even salad for a couple of weeks and get to the protien hardcore again. Robin got me thinking again about how important all that is and I did miss protiens. I don't like soft foods all that much!! NOt even the ice cream suprising!!

I will go in at the end of the month for a fill. I am gonna call Kelly today to get something 2 weeks out. Than maybe I can also get in on the group fill. Dr. Baggs said once the swelling is down we can work on getting back to the sweet spot!!

I still hope to be under 200 by the next fill just gotta work for it now...........but not taking for granted I do have a band and 4cc's which is more than I had pre op.

I am in a positive mood today. I think finally doing what I needed to do helped me alot.....................

Hi girls!

So i emailed dr baggs about my hair, we will see what he has. I told him my scalp is too white and people are commenting now...

BTW i need some ideas for my kid she WANTS MY vitamins!!!! its horrible.

Oh I have to admit I do like Soup ALOT and that is a soft food...........I never liked soup pre op but oh I LOVE soup and I get to eat that until tomorrow afternoon!! :-) My bad!!

Ok and with protien shakes and Soups today. Ah not feeling much restriction at all right now..........will be interesting to see how solids go.

Nicole yea ask Dr. Baggs about your hair. I want to know what he say too. I lose about 10-20 hairs per shower right now. I think it is staring to slow down but I can totally tell and I can feel how thin it is. I hear ya girlfriend........

Oh and stress makes my band tighter. I was telling Robin and Dr. Baggs I was really stressed about losing my job but I am not sure they thought that was totally the reason behind everything. But I do know stress makes it tighten up...........

So what is this with airplanes. I am going to Portland on 9/11 for the weekend. I am sorta wondering if I get a fill before it is will be to tight after the plane ride.............anyone ride a plane after the band!! I would hate to get to Portland and suddenly get to tight!!

Hi girls!

So i emailed dr baggs about my hair, we will see what he has. I told him my scalp is too white and people are commenting now...

BTW i need some ideas for my kid she WANTS MY vitamins!!!! its horrible.

Hey hey.. i don't know what the Dr. Will prescribe you about the hair loss.. but i suffered from that due to stress.. N E ways.. my mom's friend told me to use the "horse conditioner" Mane n Tail.. it makes your hair grow back fast and stronger. they use it on horses for their mane.. and it really works..I use it at night and leave it in..

also.. I make Weaves.. or I can make weaves.. for your head.. just clip it in.. let me know if you're interested.. my daughter and I have to use weaves for our Hula competitions.. but i've gotten soo used to it .. I just use it all the time..:thumbup:

Tina on Sunday when i saw 185 i said this aint gonna happen. So i upped my Water back up been kinda laxadazical.. on it.. and been watching my intake, and journaling on here again, i find when i journal i start loosing again:)

SO btw, i think a friend of mine got the surgery and isnt telling me whats your thoughts:

She told me this..

*Ive lost 20 lbs in one month

*im walking 3 times a week

*I have to eat Protein protein porotein, no fat.

*I CAN ONLY TAKE TYLENOL... (im sorry buit that screamed weight loss surgery to me..)

*She had something happen that had her down for about a week... she says she sprained her wrist.

*She has shrunk her stomach to only eat about 1/2-1 c of food at a time....

So what do you all think? Her hubbs has seen me.. but not her. Her hubs is one that doesnt hide how he feels about a girl either.. they do not know i had surgery.. ive never told her i cant have any pain meds or anything..

Whats your thoughts????

What is a weave, and horse conditioner are you serious? Im gonna ask my mom about that one she is a cosmetologist.. ill try it but at this point im seriously scared of loosing all my hair.. my pony tail when up is smaller in diameter then a dime now..

The loss is most noticeable on my crown and on my right side...

What is a weave, and horse conditioner are you serious? Im gonna ask my mom about that one she is a cosmetologist.. ill try it but at this point im seriously scared of loosing all my hair.. my pony tail when up is smaller in diameter then a dime now..

The loss is most noticeable on my crown and on my right side...

A Weave is a hair extention. it helps make you look like you have more hair.. or longer hair.. we use it for length.. or I use it for both..

Yes ask your mom about the Horse conditioner.. and I'm very serious about it!:thumbup: I think it works. Let me know if you try.. and what you think.. or what your mom says..

Oh I have seen that horse conditioner at the drug store. In the Shampoo section..........I might try that.

I also might be interested in a a weave can you make them permenent until the hair grows back in!!

Ok ladies out for another play day!!

Good FRI morn...chatty cathys, hehe!

LaChica...shux, we will miss you this Sat, but how bout next? Kaiser Point West off Arden off 80...@ 11:00 is our support group in Sacramento, we would enjoy meeting u!

Wish u well today, it is really a big step, sounds like ur ready!

Tina & Nicole u 2 too funny, and so real life! Was great chatting with both of you last nite. Nicole, what decided for tomorrow? What a great group pic we will have...

and WITH our Riley woman, and lovely new ladies to enjoy.

Have a good Friday everyone! Hydrate well (remindr to me 2)