Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh and my scars are tiny, you can only see 3 of them (1 totally disappeared, and ! is up so high it's between my breasts and under my bra all the time) and they are just little pink things . . . the only one you notice is the port scar, which is about 1" - so what? I am cheap I just used Vitamin E and Tea Tree Oil 50/50 and I only used it for a couple of weeks. Actually the port sticking out so far bothers me a whole lot more than the little tiny scar does, I swear that port needs its own zip code! Of course I complained about it to Dr. Baggs - I told him it was waving to people in the waiting room - and he said that my surgeon likes it that way (!) and then agreed with my son that I complained too much (!!).

When I am done losing I can always have it revised to a low-profile port I guess . . . maybe I will get another infection and have to have it replaced! I may also have the skin apron in front cut off, I have always assumed I would need that but actually it is going away much better than I thought it would.

If my cars were 10x larger and bright red and would never get better, I would still have the surgery again in a heartbeat!!! It is SO COOL . . . .

Chica, I can't remember is this your orientation or just the pre orientation class? Tamra went to that class I think??

I did 2 classes. First was a 2 hour information class. From there I had to ask my Dr to send the refferal to the bariatrics department; from there I got the call from Sarah booking for for orientation. Met the surgeon next day, and here I am...meeting with new surgeon Sept 8th....lol

This is the Gastric bypass/lapband info class in Vallejo. I saw my doctor yesterday and he told me this is a 4 hour class and then after that he'll schedule me an appointment with the Surgeon. He mentioned that for some reason they are sending the Vallejo people to SSF? I don't know.. I'll find out everything on Friday.

Well Chica get your complaint together now if you don't want to go to SSF. For me that makes no sense drive past Richmond to get to SSF across 2 bridges WTF? I don't think they weigh you at those clases but who knows they seem to be changing up a bit.

wow I can honesly say I haven't done much of anything today:bored: and now it's almost time to go home.

talk to you all tonight.

This is the Gastric bypass/lapband info class in Vallejo. I saw my doctor yesterday and he told me this is a 4 hour class and then after that he'll schedule me an appointment with the Surgeon. He mentioned that for some reason they are sending the Vallejo people to SSF? I don't know.. I'll find out everything on Friday.

Sorry yes 4 hr class, Vallejo is where mine was. My referral was then sent to FREMONT by my Dr at the end of that class!!! I called them and told them I am in Richmond Monday thru Friday and NEVER near there, I live in Concord!! They sent it to Richmond that day :( So you CAN change it.....Then a few days later bariatrics called with my orientation date.

BACK FROM PINOLE KAISER!!! DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLLL

DOWN 18.3 LBS!!!! 266.7!! 16.7 LBS TO GO!!! :(:thumbup:

October banding here I come LOL

Woooohooooo Tamra! Way to go, girl! Don't you love it when the Kaiser scale surprises you and gives you a great number?

I'm steadily losing again. It's like I lose fast, then plateau (for a month!) then lose fast. I'm weighing less at 5:30 tonight than I did at 5:30 this morning. That's a good sign!

I was thinking, I'm hoping I can have surgery by the end of the year. I know there's a lot of time and I only have about 30 lbs to go! I'm also kinda hoping I can lose 100 before surgery. Like, I should consider this my half-way point, and try to really go for the gold. Wouldn't 100 pre-op be fantastic? Of course, I might be delusional... I'm just sayin'....

Whew lots to catch up on!! sorry Ive been MIA for so long..you all been chitter chattering away.

Tamra- congrats on your weight loss, see you'll get there.

Jes and Candra or should I say Sassy September Bandster girls" you need to choose a name. I just randomly said that. Congratulations!!! I am sure you are all excited. Hopefully I can get on that party train! if not, October is the month!! Ive been good so far (no more beer or pizza) I was so down on myself for friday night but you all made me feel better. that's whi I like getting on this post. Can't wait for Saturday Reggie!! oh and I'm weighing in tomorrow wish me luck!

Thanks Heather and Maria!

I treated myself to a grande Decaf skinny latte :( second one today LOL.....

hi ladies!

Wowie i am EXHAUSTED today:( i think pms has gotten the best of me, sweets and exhaustion. How young does a girl start btw, cause audrey is exhausted just like mommie...

So today mike got offered a temp job if he wants it, we are thinking of saying no though, its 15 an hour, and for 8 weeks. MY problem with this, is the whole unemployment thing. Would our weekly allowance go down? Im thinking it would since this quarter would be the quarter they go by. We get the max right now it would suck to loose that... i dont know what to advise...

I made a bday card today with cricut:)

Food:

b: 1/2 cheese stick

l: 1/2 c tuna piece of lettuce 2 tomatoe slices and 1/2 c watermelon jeez i can eat way too much....

d: 1/2 c crab meat 1 egg roll 1/4 c chicken

Why can i all of a sudden eat a lot.. i thought when we pms our bands tighten..?? oh well i guess:)

Oh and i forget who said they were scared of dieing, but i know the feeling..

Dont worry it is 10000000% normal!!!

My hubs was tellin me i was gonna die and leave my baby.. so it was even worse then it needed to be.. but im still here:D

I just need to rant about "More to Love"... that dork cut my favorite girl, and is keeping 2 super-annoying girls! What the heck?

Anyway... Have a good night ladies!

I was going to DVR the show, but forgot. I can't watch it every week, something about it annoys me. I spent two hours yesterday afternoon comparing car insurance rates of different companies and ended up just staying with my company - the other rates were either higher, close to the same or only a few dollar less - not worth changing companies.

I never worried about dying when I had my surgery - I had a hysterectomy 5 mths before my lapband and that was much worse.

I have a laughing cow cheese and 8 wheat thins for Breakfast and a Protein Drink for lunch.< /p>

I'll check back later when everyone else wakes up.- I am at work.