Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok off to the Bay area I will check in again in a couple of day...............unless my ITouch can get wireless at the hotel!!

I am sure I will have reading to catch up on!!

Be sure to bring a jacket the city is cooooold:eek:

Good Morning Ladies~ Congrats Jess on the Surgery Date!!! I'm soo excited for you!

I'm excited about just going to my pre-op class this Friday!!..

I don't know about all of you.. but.. I find myself daydreaming alot about what and how my life will be after all is said and done.. I've been overweight MY WHOLE LIFE.. ok since I was 3rd Grade.. so this inkling of "starting a new life" is such a natural High, such a great motivation.. I've been smoking cigarettes for 16 years now (on and off)... but, I honestly don't know how I'm doin this but I AM!! its been 8 days now since i've smoked a cigarette. I breath better, taste things better..

I think just reading this thread and being a part of this- IS ALOT OF MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION. Thanks LADIES!!! Seriously.. IT HELPS ME ALOT!!!

:w00t:thats great on the smoking!! you are on your way!! stick with this group, they are sooo helpful and supportive! I am down 17.3 lbs in 2 weeks, and I prob wouldnt be doing so well without them!!

:w00t:thats great on the smoking!! you are on your way!! stick with this group, they are sooo helpful and supportive! I am down 17.3 lbs in 2 weeks, and I prob wouldnt be doing so well without them!!

Definately- You'll see me alot on here.... I'm just scared you guys might get sick of me with all the questions and thoughts that I might just write on here.. LOL.. Anyways.. Ok so my appt. is this Friday.. I've read that I shouldn't try to lose any weight until I've been actually officially weighed during that first class..

Any tips about the First class, what to expect?

Thanks!!

DONT DIET!!!!!! I ate sooo bad the week before, then before the orientation I downed a ton of Water and ate some hostess donuts LOL I was 285 that morning (When I had been about 276ish the week before).

Start the diet the day after orientation, so you can get a jump start!!

Have fun Tina!

rock on Tamra! And you were worried you couldn't do this LOL

Hi Chica, Don't even trip - I ask questions ALL the time and that's what these ladies are here for. I havn't been banded yet - my date is 9/14 and yeah, I've been thinking alot about how this is going to change my life! I really want to chicken out but these ladies keep me on track! I'm not afraid of the surgery or anything like that but I'm worried about the scars and that I won't be able to hang with my husband so to speak - he likes to go out to eat and things like that - he's in good shape though! My biggest fear is never being able to eat till I'm full again - like I will never feel satisfied (spoken like a true food addict - LOL). However, I know that this is what I need and It's nice to be able to get up from the table without feeling sick or like I can't move hahaha, Mixed feelings about it all.

Right now the only fear I have it death..LOL...its just me, it's always been a fear of mine, so to have a surgery thats my choice makes me nervous....but it's ok...

No one has ever died on the table at Richmond Kaiser hon!

Going 4 a walk type to you turkeys later!!!

No one has ever died on the table at Richmond Kaiser hon!

Going 4 a walk type to you turkeys later!!!

oh I know! its just one of my fears :(

I worried about dying to. My only worry cause I am a single mother. I wan't afraid of the surgery!! But like Riley says no one has died. I just I would be the one to break the record!!

Thanks Jes we are walking out righ not and it is 104 in sacramento and I would not have brought a jacket so thanks for the advise I ran back in and grabbed one!!

Candra you so normal. I debated back and forth once I got the surgery date. What helped is talking to people on here Chris, Nicole and Riley at that time and they helped me move forward. So glad I did..............

Scars I will show you mine next time I see you. Not to bad except for the port scar. But you can see them. They are all very tiny except for the port. Be serious not the end of the world. I like my battle scars they remind of what I have been through to get here!!

Eating out............well share a plate with someone. If your husband is not supportive that will be hard. My mom is only sorta supportive and it does get on my nerves ALOT sometimes but that is life. You own't back out you will just feel like you want to. Even driving to surgery I was debating but I just shut down my debating and told myself I can't cancel now all these nurses and Dr. Baggs waiting for me.............Dr. Baggs totally relaxed me!! He looks so different in scrubs too!! I was so loopy that day who knows what I told him!! I do know I wouldn't open my eyes for my discharge I was to tired. I just told him the lights are off but someone is home!! HE was laughing at that but I was dead serious.......I couldn't open my eyes. I also tried to get dressed after surgery right in the middle of the pre op room with every laying in beds waiting for surgery!! One woman waiting for RNY asked me how I felt and I was awful and said I just want to barf!! Her eyes got huge and she refused to look at me anymore. I think they were anxious to get me out of there and home!!

Tamra. You are flying you WILL be at goal before you see Dr. Baggs!! He is so great your gonna like him.......He was not my first pick but I am so glad I got him!! Things just happen for the right reasons sometimes!!

Chica still around no bother at all!! We will walk you through it!!

Oh by the way the nurses moved me back behind the curtain to dress. I told them I didn't care where I got dressed!! But they nicely lead me back to the curtains!!

I almost fell out of the curtains trying to dress though. I grabbed them and almost pulled them down and I could have landed on the pre op patient beside me............LOL. That was so not like me I would crazy that day!! I would never parade nude before a bunch of pre op people.............crazy meds!! The nurses and Dr. Baggs were laughing........hopefully with me but maybe not since I was being crazy..........

BUt for the record I did dress behind the curtain thanks to Icy!! LOL

On Jes and Candra Icy is the pre op nurse and I LOVED her. I hope you get her she was so, so nice!!

Boy, it took me a long time to catch up after not reading for 4 days.

Camping in Petaluma was fun - didn't have as many pb incidents this time - probably because I was afraid to eat solid meat or anything that might cause a problem. I have officially stopped eating cherries - after the last pb I am done with them.

We stopped at Discovery Kingdom for 3 1/2 hours yesterday on the way home - way too hot.

I'll check in later - have to go to a meeting.

Keep up the good work ladies.

Chica, I can't remember is this your orientation or just the pre orientation class? Tamra went to that class I think??

So another day of good news for me...my director just brought me a beautiful Orchid and a card that said I finnally got the promotion I've long deserved. :( and they are making it retro to June so I'll get a nice little bonus check. I'll be able to buy some new SMALLER clothes. OMG I just realized I'm telling you all before I tell the hubby:eek:

Yeah, congrats Jes! woo hoo! we won't tell ur hubby that we knew before him - ur secret is safe with us!

Welcome back Pammie

Tina - I so wish I was there - i would have died laughing! I know I won't back out - this is my last chance at a good HEALTHY future. I know there will be some little scars but nobody on here has had Dr. Fisher for their surgery so I just don't know how skillfull he is with that damn scalpal. The normal scars won't bother me but I just don't want some hack job LOL

Candra, thanks. I have a cousin who has the LB and she swears by these creams she got and I'm telling you I can't even see her port. When the time comes I'll let you know. It will be a good time for us because the weather will be perfect for tanning :( I'll lay in my back yard with it all hangin out if I have too LOL

Are we carpooling to reggies? Tamra are you rollin on the East bay express?

OK so for Breakfast this morning i SLOWLY ate a cup of sliced strawberies - pureed by my chewing it was more like 1/2 or 2/3 cup I'm sure. There was a lot of gurgling noises from the band at first, but once I had that band lubed up with strawberry juice things went fine! Ate slowly and chewed a lot.

Noon rollled around, not hungry yet (breakfast was at 9:30) so I went and walked a mile - I am out front at customer service until 3 or later, can't eat up here have to eat during lunch or not until after 4. So at 12:30 I made my lunch - a little veggie chicken patty and a half-cup of spaghetti squash - heated those up - got through the fake chicken (100 calories) and I was DONE. I still really wanted to eat the spaghetti squash so I tried a bite, I could tell it wasn't gonna fit so I (discreetly) spit it out - FULL POUCH. Packed everything back up into my lunch bag to have for dinner!

Sheez I LOVE this!!!! No PB, no slime, no NOTHING but full too fast! It's been 2 hours and I still feel stuffed - I did just drink a Decaf SF soy latte though, why I don't know because it was too much! MAN I love this - I am green zoning girls!!

Candra I was terrified, I think we all think we are going to chicken out! The Successful Surgery CD really, really helped me. So did Liz and Dr. Baggs, they were very reassuring - thank goodness!