Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After 6years BAND has SLIPPED

for the second time...bad this time. It initially slipped a couple of years ago when I had a bad slip due to working at a hospital and catching Norwalk virus (violent vomiting). They defilled me and waited 3 months at that time and it slipped back into place and I've been doing for fills and defills ever since. Never finding that sweet spot and plateauing at 180lbs no matter what I did. Now I'm up to 200lbs and feeling like a complete failure. I wish I was normal. I wish something went smoothly in my life.

I am really sorry to hear that. I truly hope your band replacement you have scheduled fixes your issues... Sending you big hugs...

Thanks so much! I just hope he doesn't get in there and find something else is causing all this trouble and that I don't have to go without a band. That is too scary!

Your NOT a failure! You have come such a long way and lost so much weight, be proud of yourself! Hopefully your surgeon can fix this problem for you and you will be back on your way to loosing! Stay positive....negative only brings on more negative!

Wishing you all the best!!!

Thanks! You are right! I figure...I'm still ahead...lost 130 instead of 150! Did you just get banded in Nov of this year? It looks at way from your ticker. Congrats on the almost 20lbs!! I tell ya, the first 100lbs is was a breeze to lose with my band working properly! It's this last 30-40lbs that's a bugger!! How did you get your ticker up btw? I've been trying all sorts....tinyurl and regular....no luck....Thanks!

Gypsygirl, thanks for the post. There aren't many who have been banded as long as you that share how things have gone in their journey. I appreciate someone like you who has been banded for so long and has been so successful. I'm sorry for your slippage, I hope your re-banding goes well.

Thanks for the message. Crap happens right?! I figure nothing is forever....not even my band. As long as I can get it replaced...cuz I know without it, I'd be 400lbs by now.

Thanks! You are right! I figure...I'm still ahead...lost 130 instead of 150! Did you just get banded in Nov of this year? It looks at way from your ticker. Congrats on the almost 20lbs!! I tell ya, the first 100lbs is was a breeze to lose with my band working properly! It's this last 30-40lbs that's a bugger!! How did you get your ticker up btw? I've been trying all sorts....tinyurl and regular....no luck....Thanks!

Yes, I was banded 12 days ago....I'm down 21.5lbs since the start of my pre-op diet! I'm soooooo happy! I feel different already! I have a ways to go yet, but I'm DOING IT and that's the part that feels great!!! Its always the last 20lbs or so that is the hardest to loose....do you exercise too? I haven't started that yet but plan to!

Click on my ticker and it will bring you to the tickerfactory website...you follow the directions to make your own ticker and once your done, copy the formula that's listed under "Boards/forums" (I think its the first option)....once you do that, go into User CP, then edit signature and paste the formula into the "edit signature" box...click on save and viola....its done! Let me know if you have any problems!

Thanks about the ticker advise! Oh WOW! How exciting! You know...I didn't start exercising til 2nd mth or so...and that was sloooow! I started walking...5 minutes would completely wipe me out. But I kept to it...gradually increasing the time every couple of weeks I add another couple of minutes. After a few more months, I was walking all the way to work! (30 minute walk). I'd still take the bus home. Then I started walking to work every morning....then adding walking from work to home....til I was walking to and from work everyday (1hour of exercise). I do it to this day...and it helps ALOT! Good Luck and if you need any advise,please ask!

Wow!

Did you say that you felt like a failure in your earlier post. Let me tell you there are some people that wish they can fail like you and loose 150 lbs me included. Keep your chin up you're still in the race.:cursing:

Thanks for the kind words. I know it's no fault of mine, but it feels awful gaining back the weight. At the moment, it's down to 130lbs loss...but I'm still ahead. It seems this "complication" is what has slowed down things and made me gain back 20lbs as well. After having an extended abdominoplasty you REALLY don't want to gain 20lbs....I feel super bloated all the time. I'm really looking forward to fluids for the next almost 3 weeks! So I'm still obese at 198lbs....and I'd like to finally finally get down to a normal BMI weight........160lbs. I've never been able to get there.

I know you feel bad about the 20 lbs. But I'm sorry. In my eyes you've a accomplished such a great deal. If you can loose 150 lbs then I have faith in you (and I don't even know you) that you'll kick ass ( excuse my French) when it comes to the rest of your weight loss. Wow! I can't wait to lose 150 lbs. :cursing:

I know you feel bad about the 20 lbs. But I'm sorry. In my eyes you've a accomplished such a great deal. If you can loose 150 lbs then I have faith in you (and I don't even know you) that you'll kick ass ( excuse my French) when it comes to the rest of your weight loss. Wow! I can't wait to lose 150 lbs. :cursing:

I totally agree with Melolo!!! I have faith in you too! What an accomplisment it is to loose as much as you have...so your having a little set back right now, so what! You will get right back in there and do what you need to do once you correct your problem! And way to go on your walking to and from work....that's great!!! Don't you feel so much better? I've only lost 21lbs, with no exercise yet, and I already feel like I'm walking with my head a little higher...such a great feeling!

Keep up the FANTASTIC work! All the best to you!

I totally agree with Melolo!!! I have faith in you too! What an accomplisment it is to loose as much as you have...so your having a little set back right now, so what! You will get right back in there and do what you need to do once you correct your problem! And way to go on your walking to and from work....that's great!!! Don't you feel so much better? I've only lost 21lbs, with no exercise yet, and I already feel like I'm walking with my head a little higher...such a great feeling!

Keep up the FANTASTIC work! All the best to you!

DITTO!:cursing:

The very hardest thing to get our heads around with our bands is that we NEED them to keep the weight off. Regaining when unfilled happens to almost everyone, you are not a failure, not at all. You've lost a LOT of weight and kept it off for a long time, you will lose the little you've regained pretty quickly with a new band. Hang in there, keep up some exercise, and try your best to eat healthily.

Although its utterly human to see this window of non restriction as a chance to catch up on all those things you couldnt eat. I live well within the boundaries of my band but the thought of a few days of unrestricted eating, completely free of the threat of blockage or PB, seems like utopia to me. I had .2ml taken out of my band and have gained 4lb from it. Sounds like nothing but I have the same feelings about having failed.