Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchin into the holidays: Dec 08

Well Marchies, it's been a long time. Sorry I haven’t been here in a long, long time.

Quick update-I ended up have an almost complete unfill due to what I call painful burps. It would fill like gas passing through the band, through my chest, all the way up into my ear. The pain didn't last long, but it did double me over. The pain in the ear was awful. So I have been sitting here, pretty much unfilled and I can't decided if I want to go in and try getting filled again. I haven’t gained, but I haven’t lost. Granted, I haven’t exercised in I don't know how long. I have decided that fill or no fill, it is time to get off my butt (and my pitty party) and get things going again. Yesterday I got back on sparkpeople and started tracking what I eat and will start slowly back into the exercise. I will also at least read more on lapbandtalk, even if I don't post too often.

Well, that’s about it for now.

Barb

Barb sorry to hear about the unfil. I know kinda what your talking about, I still can't eat a lot of meat without it hurting. I have to take a really long time for it to go down and then eat some more. I have thought maybe I should get a unfil, but so far of not done it. I still don't lose, but just play with about 5 lbs gain lose gain lose. Its really hard to stay motivated, but the new year is here so now is the time for all of use to get off our butts and get with the program. I know you can do this. Best of luck and keep us informed.

Carol

Thanks Carol.

I have done some serious thinking about my attitude regarding my band and my weight loss. I hate to admit it, but I have come to the conclusion that I was hoping (in my heart, not my head) that the band was going to make this easy. I know that I have to work it or it doesn’t work. I am going to start the new year with a more positive (and a more realistic) attitude, I am going to take back control, not only about my weight loss, but about my health in general. Like I said, I’ve rejoined sparkpeople and plan on starting an exercise program. I have a goal set to be 150 by June this year and I am going to quit smoking this year. I AM GOING TO MAKE THESE GOAL!!!

Man Barb you don't pick easy goals. Good luck on both. I'm sure you can do it. Just figure out a plan and stick to it. It will work.

Good luck and Happy New Year to all.

Carol

Barb,

Look at you with those amazing goals! You go girl.

Take a few minutes and remind yourself of other goals you met head on so you can pull on those past successes to get you through those challenges.

You're gonna blow 2009 out of the water!

Woot!

Hi All, hope you x-mas was great and your new year to be even better.

I felt much, much better yesterday, but still stayed home from work. So well that I started cleaning my room of old paper that should of been thrown out months ago. I made it to work today. Now, I'm experiencing headaches from the sausage leaving my system. I'm recognize the signs of detox. And speaking of detox, I'm going to take a 3 or 7 day detox cleansing program. So, I'll be squeeky clean from the inside.

Now to get back on track with my exercise routine, logging my meals, every bit and bite I take, even if's a cookie or cake. Measuring my foods and including the carbs I need to keep my body in check. That's going to be hard for carbs are my downfall.

Ms Husker, I'm just getting over an ear problem myself, so I could only imagine what you went through. I'm also a member of Sparkpeople. They have helped me alot too.

So, let's all make stepping stone goals and we will meet the larger one with ease and success.

Look forward to reading successful posts in the New Year. Happy New Year to Everyone, if I don't get to post before then.

Thank you all for being here.

Hi All, hoping this reaches you to come and join the 2009 thread.

Jumping into the New Year....2009.

Or if another has been started please let me know so I can come on board.