Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did I go wrong? (HELP ME!)

I think it started a few weeks ago when family came to town and has spiraled out of control since then.

My eating has been TERRIBLE... at least before I was still exercising... now in the last 2 weeks due to various complications (parent teacher night, a late event at work, pool closed for Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving) I have not really been working out like I was before.

On December 26th I am going to visit friends in NYC and want to be looking GOOD. Well, as good as I can. I am getting another fill next week.

But I have lost 9 lbs since my last fill (somehow) but gained back 4 since Thanksgiving (I actually didn't overeat during dinner and PB'd on stuffing). My doctor is going to say 1-2 lbs a week is "normal" but I KNOW I have not been doing what I should.

I am not sure what to do to turn this around?

Should I do low-carb? (I haven't been)

Should I make sure I only eat 1/2 a cup of food at a time? (I haven't done that either.)

What is the BEST way to pull yourself together? Portion or food choices?

I am also upset because I think my bad eating has caused Hair loss. In the last 3 weeks it is very obvious to me that this is happening. I am still doing Vitamins, but not getting 60 grams of Protein each day- some days but not all. I am going to GNC to get hair vitamins TODAY.

Edited by littlefroggy

I think it started a few weeks ago when family came to town and has spiraled out of control since then.

My eating has been TERRIBLE... at least before I was still exercising... now in the last 2 weeks due to various complications (parent teacher night, a late event at work, pool closed for Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving) I have not really been working out like I was before.

On December 26th I am going to visit friends in NYC and want to be looking GOOD. Well, as good as I can. I am getting another fill next week.

But I have lost 9 lbs since my last fill (somehow) but gained back 4 since Thanksgiving (I actually didn't overeat during dinner and PB'd on stuffing). My doctor is going to say 1-2 lbs a week is "normal" but I KNOW I have not been doing what I should.

I am not sure what to do to turn this around?

Should I do low-carb? (I haven't been)

Should I make sure I only eat 1/2 a cup of food at a time? (I haven't done that either.)

I am also upset because I think my bad eating has caused hair loss. In the last 3 weeks it is very obvious to me that this is happening. I am still doing Vitamins, but not getting 60 grams of Protein each day- some days but not all. I am going to GNC to get hair Vitamins TODAY.

First off stop beating yourself up ! What you have done is normal, you have fallen off track a little. By the looks of your stats you know exactly what you have to do ! you simply start over ! Easy , Eat what your suppose to , get back on track w/ working out and do it again ! That is the beauty of the band , you CAN Start over. You have GOT TO STOP beating yourself up over what you ate and ALLOWING that to be the excuse to make it "Ok" to keep eating bad stuff.

Your bad eating has not caused Hair loss most likely its the STRESS over bad eating.

So how do you solve it ? Get back on track . Do exactly what you were doing before. You do not need us to tell you you KNOW what that is . Its OK , People beat themselves up over what they eat. and THAT Derails them ! Ok you gained some weight, w/ the band you can get that off, WOULD YOU have lost that weight BEFORE The band ? NO . So get back on track, stop beating yourself up , feeling sorry for yourself and start being a LOSER again !!!!

That's ALL you have to do , you know exactly what you have to do !!!

YOU CAN DO THIS ! Look at your stats you KNOW You can do it !!!

Good luck ! YOu will STILL LOOK HOT on your trip !!

Mindy

Yes. And yes. :blush:

Just take a deep breath, center yourself, and remind yourself why you did this. Today is a new day. And good luck.

What is the BEST way to pull yourself together? Portion or food choices?.

both.

my way is not everyone's way - but i would start back to square one, measure out your food - maybe journal your intake & fitness? i have found i HAVE to exercise if i want to eat what i want & it has to be of quality...not quantity.

i am trying something new myself starting today - nectar drink before workout & another one in the afternoon. i'm not getting enough Protein via food - so i must supplement for the workouts my trainer puts me through. it's not something i wanted to do - but will try and see how things go.

all trial by error - don't be so hard on yourself. just refocus and keep in mind how you want to look for your trip as a motivating factor.....i sometimes need a "goal/trip/party" to keep me focus when my mind wants to wander...:blush:

First off, you show being down 55 lbs and Iv been banded more than a month before you and down less, so you are not doing bad. I agree with your doctor 1 - 2 lbs a week is normal. You wouldnt lose huge amounts every week.

I do think its important to get back into exercising and eating right. If you are losing this fast and go off one or two days, dont panic. This is for the rest of your life. We all want to be at goal now, but if you lose a couple of days here and there, it might help you later so you dont burn out and backslide even worse.

No one is doing a diet every day of their life and never allowing themselves some treats. Its a tough time of the year, be kind to yourself, without giving in to temptation all the time. Once in a blue moon is ok.

What everyone else has said.:wink2: You can do this. You have been doing this. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over. We are all behind you!:thumbup: