Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! What can I buy My Doctor for Christmas?

A syringe and a bottle of saline?

Brad

Well, I think my doc would appreciate something for himself (if you know what I mean) and in addition, I need an idea for the PA that does my fills, anything? I don’t want to give them both the same thing. Normally I would buy a basket of chocolates, but I do want to be alive after my visit…

BTW, do you guys buy anything at all?

Thx.

lol I'm sorry, but the Christmas gift my surgeon got was the $16,000 plus that I spent for my surgery...lmao. I can't afford any Christmas gifts for anyone besides my son this year :thumbup: If you do what to get them something I would go with wine or a starbucks gift card or something...I don't think they're expecting a gift...maybe ever a Xmas card with a before surgery and a current pic of you with a nice thank you...

First thanks for the quick response. You see, I just had a revision done by him (initial surgery was in Mexico...) plus he said that I had hernia and took care of it too.

Believe me, it is hard for me too - financially but I feel I kind-a-owe him...

Am I correct?

Edited by anonymous_frnw

I don't think you owe him anything, but a thank you...he did his job. Many surgeons repair hernias during surgery...this is what they do. Like I said I would get a photo card with a before and current pic of you or a pic of you and your family and just write a nice thank you note in it and address it to him and his staff...

I work in healthcare, and most hospitals have rules forbidding employees from taking any gifts from patients with anything other than a nominal value. Receiving gifts from patients creates the appearance of conflict of interest. I agree that he is by no means owed a gift. He provided a service that you (presumably) paid for. The transaction is over. But if you are definitely planning to buy a gift, I would at the very least make sure from his office that there aren't any gift policies governing what he can receive.

Bryan

Do you know if he celebrates Christmas? I'm not sure if I would do alcohol...what if he is a recovering alcoholic or doesn't drink at all? I would check to see if he can even accept gifts from patients because as Bass said a lot of doctors can't...You don't want to put him in an awkward position...I would seriously just go with a card :thumbup: good luck