Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hi girls~

Well the news with Manda is not so good, she is not responding yet to any of the antibiotics they have tried. It is not spreading or worsening noticibly, but it is not improving. Tonight they have her scheduled to go in and have the PIC line put in, so they can try some more potent meds, but they would eat up the vein, so have to be in a bigger artery.

She is still feeling pretty good, and her fever is normal again.

I took Kinsey to the Dr. today, because she has oozed and bled pretty steadily all day, after it pretty much quitting over night. The Dr. was able to see where she hit, and she has literally cut or abraded from front allllll the way back. Nothing is terribly deep, and will heal without issue she said but the problem right now is it is bruising and swelling, and the swelling is keeping the wounds open, and they are bleeding. So she has to sit with ice packs on it for 5-10 minutes each hour til bedtime,and for part of tomorrow. Then when she goes for 6 hours with no bleeding at all, we change to heat, so that it increases blood flow to help with healing. She said nothing would have been different taking her in last night, other than the trauma to Kinsey mentally. She is such a sweetheart the pediatrician is. She kept telling me it was an accident, and Kinsey would be fine.

So Kinsey and I are home....Rick is on his way, and one of us will stay here with Kinsey and do the ice packs, and the other will go be there when they bring Manda back out of the cath lab where they will insert her line.

I am beyond exhausted! Hives are bad, but lessening, saw my Dr. he is Manda's PCP as well, and come to see her today, and he gave me a Rx for a bit stronger dose while we get through this, and then we are going to experiment with some other options.

I have dinner going, and need to go make some breadsticks----everyone have a good night, I will get back and read up---I just posted without reading!!

Love to all y'all!!

Kat

Kat, I'm getting ready to head to bed and will say an extra prayer. Please don't wear yourself out. Take care.

Kat, I am so glad to hear from you. I was way off, but glad to hear that Kinsey is taking it like a trouper! She sounds like a very cool kid.

We went to the bowling alley and had drinks and bowling after school! It was super fun. I am not very good, but Susanne met us after work and she is really good. I had 4 or 5 "skinny black biotches" or vodka and diet w/ a lime wedge. They are good and went down like 'butta'! It felt good to unwind.

At work, I am getting this AMAZING CHALLENGING STUDENT. He is famous at school, and is moving from his Emotional Disabled class, to my English Language Development class. I was bawling last night...I've been having an amazing year and now my entire dynamic is gonna change. I will never be able to convey how this will change my year. His former teacher he spat at, punched her in the breast, threw shit...the list goes on. I am really trying to "smile and accept the challenge", but honestly, I am mourning the loss of my year as I knew it. Again, word will not get my message across here. But I will say...at 4:30 this am...I was driving to the gym thinking about cocktails afterschool...after crying myself to sleep!

Have a great night!

oxoxxoxo

Kat, couldn't get on earlier so I had no idea all that was going on. I hope all gets more normal for you soon. I am glad they are putting in a pic line, one of the antibiotics they gave me burned the veins, I got it 2x's a day, and the site would get all swollen and red before the 2nd! A couple of nurses were surprised I didn't have one with the meds they had me on. I can tolerate pain a tiny bit more than average, the stick didn't bother me, but what happened after the meds did.

Boy that was a rambling thing........

Okay I am now going to bed.

Enjoy your flowers Michelle!!! I am with Pamela, flowers usually do it for me!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!

Morning gals

Kat - (((((hugs)))))

just checking in, i aparently am coming down with the new stomach bug that my mom and dd had this week, I was up all night with horrible pain in my stomach... everywhere - mom said watch out for what comes next... yipee for me

I'm at work, don't want to be here i feel so bad, stuck here until noon then going home and going back to bed.

We are getting a little heat wave.. up to 40 today so i'm going to try to salt the ice in my driveway to make it go away, i have about 8" at the end of my drive and there is a good 3" of ice on the rest of the driveway.

HI TERRY!!! Why are you up so early??? LOL

Good Saturday Morning, Girls~~

Am up early to begin my day of driving kids back & forth (& repeat a few times!) all day. I should've gone to chauffeur school! LOL! Usually dh & I would split the duties... oh well, at least I'll go by the drive-thru 'bucks at least 4 times today! :cursing: It's these little "perks" that get me through the day!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Morning Folks.

I'm up early because I have to go to CPR recert class. At my last job I was a "First Responder" and was certified. Now my boss wants all of us to get recertified so that people coming in will feel more comfortable.

I had a wonderful eating day yesterday than late last night I don't know what got into me. I ended up eating 3 handfulls of mini Cookies. Crap. I hate that I do that to myself.

So today I'm going to do my best again. I need to get that ticker moving again. Besides I have a concert coming up in Marcha nd I promised myself that I will have lost 20 pounds by than. I would like to get as close to that as I can.

We have had some really beautiful weather but the winds have been horrible. It's been nice enough so that everyone is out walking. I love it.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs.

Hello everyone!!

I am late getting ready, didn't want to get out of bed. Still would like to crawl back in bed. Oh well off I go!!!

Have a good one, and hope everything is well on Kats end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI TERRY!!! Why are you up so early??? LOL

I always get up early...no matter what day it is! I just have a very stubborn body clock that does not adjust for the weekends.
.... I should've gone to chauffeur school! LOL! !
Are you kidding??? You could TEACH at chauffeur school!!

Just curious -- now that I'm all budget-minded these days -- how much do you spend every month at Starbucks?

Well, I have three things on the agenda today: Take Hero to the Bark Park then give him a bath, shopping spree at the Goodwill resale shop for Hannah (she loves 'em) and restring some beads for Evan's girlfriend. I did all my grunt work yesterday so I could 'relax' today! Yea me!

Oh, I'm going over to the Violet recipe thread to post a YUMMY chicken and biscuit casserole we had last night. Big hit with the whole family!

have a great day!

Good morning, Violets..

Slept in this morning til 9 and have been working on chores ever since. The Bobster and I cleaned out our closets and got 3 huge bags of clothes ready to send to St. Vincent's. I got a paper typed up for the hospital and have laundry in the washer. I just finished Breakfast, tuna and soy nuts of course!, and now it's almost time for lunch. I have a meeting at 1-3 and then home to finish laundry.

Nothing on the agenda for the rest of the day. Just a lazy Saturday around here. Temp is 43 so the snow is melting. I just hope the huge icicle on our roof comes down today. It's massive.

Laura... that was a sad read. Sadder yet is knowing that there are other children out there like Dani who suffer every day of their lives.

Kat.. any update on Manda and Kinsey today? You sure have been in my thoughts and prayers this week.

Off to get a load out of the dyer. Everyone have a good day..

Just curious -- now that I'm all budget-minded these days -- how much do you spend every month at Starbucks?

Aha! My secret will be out! I spend 0 -- that's ZERO -- @ Starbucks! How? GIFT CARDS! At Xmas I received $75 in SB cards! I LOVED IT! They are my fav gift to receive!! I dole it out to myself throughout the weeks... I try to make them last as long as possible... & then it'll be valentine's day, or end of the school year, or my b'day... and hopefully I get some more! And so it goes...

And really, I probably talk about it more than I actually GO there... seriously, maybe 1x/week? I meet my 1 friend there every other week... then maybe once a week otherwise? It is definitely a TREAT for me, not a regular occurrance. Oh, I also register my cards, so I get "extras" like soy or Syrup for free, + I get coupons for free stuff cuz' I'm signed up for their e-mails... I'm proud that I am a very savvy SB customer! I also really savor it... I just don't glug it down. I even bought the sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup ($7) so I end up getting dozens of homemade skinny cd lattes @ home for the price of 1.5 @ the store! Again.... savvy! But if I were paying... I'd guess $4/week?

Speaking of which... I AM going there in a moment... on my way to ds's indoor soccer game... it is my treat for the day...

Thinking of you, Kat! :cursing: