Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

OMG I cannot believe I let her get hurt like this! I feel like such an idiot. I know to never leave a child in the tub---but the Water was draining out....I needed her towel. The poor thing is going to be so sore. She will never want a bath at Granny's again.

I am gonna go try to deep breath and relax....

Hugs~~

Kat

Oh now you just stop that granny!! :biggrin: It was an accident . How scary that must have been! I am so sorry for everything you are going through. (((hugs)))

Have a great Friday violets! Respect the pouch...

Kat, I hope when you wake up this morning that you realize in the light of day that it was an accident. There isn't a mother or grandmother alive that wouldn't have done the exact same thing you did. I'm sure she'll be fine...as you said it was just in a place that has an incredible blood supply. The amount of blood that she actually lost is probably much less than it appeared, and as you said, she had just gotten out of a hot bath. It was just a very traumatic thing to experience after a day like you had and you are surely very shaken up by all of it. I'm sure I speak for all the Violets when i say that I wish so badly that I could be there to help you thru all of this. I am grateful that you have a strong and loving husband by your side. I hope that God sees fit to give you a little break here in the next day or two. Just hang tight and lean on us as much as you need to. You know we love you and are happy and honored to be your sounding board. ((((((HUGS AND PRAYERS))))))) Today will be better.

I was able to change my ticker this morning. I am -3 more. Amazing what happens when you move away from your fav mexican food joint :biggrin: Go figger...

Anyway, being -3 the day of or day before TOM is supposed to be here is pretty cool!

Good morning, Violets..

Woke up this morning when the Bobster yelled up at me that Ethan was on his way over. He wasn't supposed to be here til noon today, but DS Joe called and said DDIL was having an "episode". Basically she goes nuts. She is bi-polar and doesn't take meds. He didn't want to leave Ethan there and isn't going to work because he doesn't want to leave her alone. Sooooooooo we have Ethan for who knows how long which is fine with me. I'd rather have him here where he's safe than at home with his mom at this point.

Kat.. I agree with what Tracy and Terry said. Accidents happen. Nothing to blame yourself about. Just be strong and soak in the prayers from all of us for you, Manda and the family. There are LOTS being said for you right now.

TracyK... CONGRATS on the -3. Now, just some old fart advice... don't undo it with chocolate today or Valentine's day. Yesterday I got the Eat This, Not That Supermarket edition. It showed Nutella and I got to thinking. I would love to sit down and eat the whole jar at one seating. It would probably take me 20 minutes to polish it off and I would be totally happy for those 20 minutes. BUT then it would take me weeks and weeks to get off the pounds I would gain. And I'd be depressed and it just wouldn't be worth it!!! I'm eating my tuna salad with soy nuts for Breakfast and will have tilapia for lunch and fish for dinner tonight. I don't even think about Snacks anymore. Sitting here at the laptop in the living room has been a great help. I have my liter of Water next to me and when I used to get up from the other computer and walk through the kitchen, I'd grab a snack to eat. Now I just grab for my water and am satisfied. I watch Ethan play on the Wii or read him a book and it all keeps me busy.. too busy to think about eating.

Everyone have a good day.. say a prayer or two for Manda and Kat and keep the faith.

Kat, I know how you feel. Once during finals week (studying for my undergrad degree) when my son was 2 years old, he was in the bathtub and I was on the toilet studying (which is not unusual when you find that a 2 year old is happily contained and occupied in a bathtub with a tiny amount of Water and plenty of toys while you sit near and study). Well, I left a razor the I use for my legs in reach and was too preoccupied to see it sitting there near all the other stuff. He started screaming, I glanced at him and there was blood all over . . . or at least it looked like it. It was a none too serious cut on the hand but it bled ALOT. I just bawled and I was so sad and so upset. It was like I cut him myself because it was all my fault that it had been there.

Needless to say, it never happened again but I still remember every moment of it clearly 15 years later. It seems like things along that line only tend to happen when you are stressed and preoccupied . . . and you have been going through the wringer lately. I hope you, Manda and Kinsey are feeling a little better today and this rough patch passes quickly. <<<Hugs>>>

((Kat)) I second Terry's elegant, well-stated post. (& the others who were posting at the same time I was!) I'm with you in spirit, sweet girl!

It's Friday! Wow, that came fast! DH is in Atlanta, waiting for his next flight to PV. Believe me when I say that I have analyzed & investigated every angle to get the kids & I to SOMEwhere warm & fun, too... but it just won't work. I think the kids 1/2 expect me to surprise them this evening... hope they're not TOO disappointed. I told them we weren't going anywhere, but you know how hope springs eternal!

DD was invited to be in the High School's Spring musical: The Wiz! It's invitation-only for the elementary & middle school kids, so it's a special treat. She also auditioned for & made the all-county Honors Chorus! I'm so proud of her!

Have a good Friday... lots of love & purple power to Kat, & everyone who needs it!!

Edited by mdrai

I'm eating my tuna salad with soy nuts for Breakfast and will have tilapia for lunch and fish for dinner tonight.

Someone must be in a fishy mood today, lol. :biggrin:

I have been feeling that way lately too . . . but I was told not to eat too much during pregnancy, so alas I must think about eating my fill of fish (and sushi = ultra yummmy) vicariously through others.

However, I must ask. What is it with tuna and soy nuts??? It must be a personal favorite.

I remember early in banding I went through an egg phase where I must have ate them for 1-2 meals every day for months, I kid you not . . . now I almost never eat them since I kinda got burned out.

If you are not careful, you might just decide one day that you can never stomach another tuna with soy nut meal again, lol :thumbup:

Believe me when I say that I have analyzed & investigated every angle to get the kids & I to SOMEwhere warm & fun, too... but it just won't work. I think the kids 1/2 expect me to surprise them this evening... hope they're not TOO disappointed. I told them we weren't going anywhere, but you know how hope springs eternal!

I dont know how old your kids are . . . but you could still do something fun.

Virgin margaritas or daiquaries with some fruit salad and light whip cream on the side, maybe some cutesy little umbrellas or something. Perhaps some island themed music (Bob Marley is a personal favorite of mine that always makes me think of summer fun) and a tropical themed dinner. Maybe an island movie or two that might grab your kids attention. Perhaps (depending on age) you could do a little hula dancing, lol.

It is easy to do something relatively cheap, but different that might last in their memories. Anyway, just a thought :0)

Edited by HeatherO
Mi shpellun suxx

Oh, don't get me wrong, we're going to have fun! We have an "all-night" movie marathon planned (we'll see how late that lasts, ha ha!) in our pj's + sleeping in the family room + fun foods, etc... + just our regular daily fun, as we are fun folks... I was just referring to nothing MAJOR like last year, when I TOTALLY surprised them when they came home from school -- 1 year ago today! -- & said "Let's go out to dinner" & then whisked them off to Walt Disney World for a long weekend! Now THAT was FUN!!

Judy... isn't that Supermarket version great? It's really an eye opener, at least for me. I refer to it when I make up my grocery list... there's so much info, I dip into it frequently, just trying to absorb it all!

Kat - sending prayers your way. You and your family are always in my thoughts. I hope Kinsey is better today. Love you!

TracyK - woohoo! -3!! Yay yay! Are you getting to enjoy that park that is nearby? I heard this weekend is gonna be gorgeous! I'm planning on doing lots of bike riding...

And we're back! Yay!

Awhile ago the doorbell rang & guess who was there! The 1-800-flowers delivery guy. DH sent me 2 bouquets of tulips w/a kind note thanking me for letting him pursue his passion... that was nice.

Other than that... cleaning & working & laundry... & my mind keeps remembering a year ago today w/the excitement building... what a memory that is!! Once in a lifetime...

Enjoy the afternoon...

Michelle, I'd say he redeemed himself. I am a sucker for flowers:tt1:.

Kat, I sent you a pm! xo

I need a drink. I have some serious stuff going on now, and I was thinking of a cocktail as I drove to the gym this am.

Speaking of the gym, I can still barely lift my arms, although it is getting better. He kicked our butts today. Sus had to work at 7, so we had to leave about 5:45 today. That is ok, I had to pick up 30 donuts from the shop next door to the gym for the kids. Anyway, after our workout, he made us RUN!!! Yes, I actually ran for 1/8 of a mile. I was panting like dog. But, hey...I RAN! I'll work up to a 1/4 of a mile...slowly.

OK... some major changes going on w/ work. I'll c'plain more later.

Kat...sending you so much love sista. oxxoxoox

Good afternoon, Violets..

DD Joe picked Ethan up about noon. Everything has calmed down at home. Hopefully when her insurance kicks in this month she can go and get some happy pills so these episodes don't continue.

DD Kris stopped by. She went to work yesterday and it was her last day. Her maternity leave kicks in after the baby is born. Everyone at the medical office is upset about how she was treated. Her doctor said if there is a problem getting back to work when she wants to return, that she'll fight for her. Nathan is calling the big boss today and letting her know his dissatisfaction with how things were handled.

Heather...I love tuna salad and love things crunchy. When I added the soy nuts to the tuna it was perfect. I buy the tuna salad from Walmart deli so I don't have to do a thing except add some onion flakes, a little splenda and the soy nuts. As PamELa would say... Easy Peasy!!

I varied my meal today. I didn't have tialpia for lunch.. I had some hearts of romaine lettuce with about a Tbl. of dressing and a cherries and cream smoothie. I'll have the tilapia for supper. I'm going to make roast beef leftovers.. chop up beef, potatoes and carrots and warm it up in the left over gravy for the Bobster. Then we won't have to go out to dinner and I can get rid of the roast beef leftovers. I might even have that with him if I'm not to lazy to pick out the potatoes.

Hope things are going well with Manda today. MRSA is nothing to fool around with..

Michelle, love the Supermarket version. Kris took it home with her today and will bring it back to me tomorrow so I can read it some more. I see a lot of things I had been eating that I thought were healthy, but were on the "Not That" side.. yikes!!

Off to surf the net and check on Facebook. Everyone have a good afternoon.

((Kat))

Thank you Suzanne & Judy for the cards, ya'll are so thoughtful! I never think to do cards :confused:

I agree Michelle, he redeemed himself with flowers, how sweet!!!

TGIF.. can't wait to get home (and get out of this bra). Bending has become a chore, feels like I'm squishing everything inside of me everytime I bend slightly (even to get out of the car). I feel like a really fat person who can't move correctly.

I got my hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed today.. the lady who has been doing my eyebrows for YEARS (at least 8), somehow never remembers exactly who I am. She confuses me with someone else, I wonder who. Last time I went she said something about how last time she saw me I had bright pink hair (that never happened). This time she said my hair was so long, she's never seen it so long.. last time she saw me it was (pointed to my ears).. my hair has never in my life been that short, and I've been growing it for a while--last time I was there was only a couple months ago.. but whatever.

Went to O'Charleys and had the cedar planked salmon.. yum yum. Couple friends are suppose to be coming over tonight for girl chit chatting.

Haydee we bought Prison Break (season 1) since you said it was good, we've watched most of whatever disk we're on.. he's about to break out, they had the prison riot and revealed the tunnel inside of the demon head thing.. it's pretty good! I like the main guy, he's seeexxxxy. Piercing blue eyes.. mm.

Anywho..

I saw a onesie online today that had a cartoon computer and it said "Newbie".. I sent the pic to Russell to laugh with me, and he said "I bought that last week!". First time he's bought something for Carson, and it's pretty fitting in our house lol.

Back to work.....................