Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

What's up with this site. They messin wih it again?

Busy all day yesterday. I worked for 4 hours and than came home and mowed. Yes, mowed. And it was a lovely day for it. Got cleaned up and than went to church. Came home and started getting veggies ready to cook out on the grill. Cooked up some hamburgers to go along witht the veggies. It was all yummy. Took a muscle relaxer, hubby cleaned my stitches and I went to bed. Just got up about 1/2 hour ago.

Hubby has started the fireplace, a big weather change from yesterday. Think I'll just stay in my jammies today and get a few things around the house here done. I need to get out tax papers together to drop of at the CPA's. I can't believe I have waited to long to do it. We paid our house off last year and I'm just afraid of what we will have to pay this year.

If I remember correctly, we should be hearing from Judy tonight. I have missed her alot. She's been sending me pics on my phone. Closest to Maui I will ever get.

Everyone have a great day.

We have power! We went out last night and had soooo much fun...and a few too many! WOOHOO...love the Dinah Shore weekend! Went to dinner at DINKS (Duel Income No Kids) and then walked across the street and got our groove on! I love dancing w/ Sus...they were playing some really groovy music! Had more drinks! They had girl and guy go go dancers...and that was hysterical! Just had a blast! Came home and the power had come on at 10pm!!! So today is make up for the weekend w/ laundry, etc!

Have a great day!

OH yeah, site is all wierd this morning---so will hope this actually posts here rather than somewhere out in cyberspace!!!

Kinsey spent the night with me, and we had a lot of fun, she is now watching Tom and Jerry, eating cinnamon toast! Manda is finishing up laundry and then will be over. We are talking about going to lunch, we both want the salad bar, but not sure I can do it yet....and being Sunday it will be packed!!

I found a plant for my desk. Got a couple of things I wanted for myself.

Rick just called from Abilene, he has about another hour and he will be there. Which is a relief, I am glad they are there and safe. Should he have a break down now of any sort, he is close to family again, and a way to get someone to help him get what he needs to fix it. They spent the night outside of Lubbock, I think I told you. So this way they arrive in the daylight. The house is closed up most of the year, open only when we are there, so the Water and electricity is shut off, and has to be turned on. Problem is fire ants.....they invade EVERYWHERE! So it is best if it is nice and light, and you can see where you are reaching for the electric switches, and water pump stuff. Plus it gives time to make up beds, and clean up a little from it being closed up for so long. OH YEAH, and time to look for snakes! Maybe I'm not sad about not going!!!! LOL

I too like that song Jane, Rick was listening and he ask me who is that. I tell him and he says WHO? I laughed and told him Hannah Montana, he responded with BS!!! I had to wait for the credit to show for him to believe me!!

I wish I had the magic answer for getting motivation back. I was in a serious funk at the end of my first year, the weight was still coming off, but I felt seriously alone in the journey. While my SIL and I were banded together, she is sooooo fricken comptetive, that to commiserate with her is impossible, it is either she has it harder because of X Y & Z or she is doing so much better all she wants to do is say he he he---seriously! Then the 06 group which had turned into a running thread suggested mentoring the 07 group, and that was a Godsend to me! You all were starting out and had such energy, and the commeraderie was EXACTLY what I was looking for, not a running group, I cannot run!!!

So while I found the niche I was looking for, I also got an emotional reprieve when I saw you all going through the same stages and all I did. Now being as far out as we are, I think the time line fades, and finding the motivation is harder than ever.

I thought about repeating the process, and popping in to the April 09 group--------but I feel less like a success story now than I did a year out! I am afraid the newbies would look at me 3 years later still fighting to maintain a goal weight and scare them off, not urge them on!!!

So....y'all are stuck with me!

Well, I am off to play CandyLand!!! See y'all in awhile!

XOXOXO

Candyland, that is a game I like playing!!!!

The site worked fine and looks normal, but did take a long time to pop up.

Went to church and brunch. Back home to do laundry, cleaning, etc....

Hope all is having a good day!!

Hi!! I'm here!!

It's been an interesting two days....

Saturday afternoon, a friend of mine who had surgery on the same day as me, had a jewerly party. It's Premier Jewerly and looks very nice but is not super expensive. I actually think I may try selling it....

Then a neighbor of mine had asked me long ago if I wanted to attend a food Addicts meeting with her (like AA but for food). So this morning I went, but I am not sure that I am ready to do things that drastically. They talk about cutting out all flour and sugar....your sponsor wants to discuss your food plan in detail each morning.... My surgery buddy said that she had attended regularly at one point but got miffed when her sponsor went ballistic when she deviated slightly from the previously discussed food plan. I understand that part of the process is to give up control.....but I guess I'm not ready for that.

I am going to start back at the beginning and try to recapture the excitement of just being banded. This plateau is really kicking my butt!! I also fell off the wagon in December and started eating sweets again and today is another 1st day with no sweets.

I got a fill Wednesday and cannot tell a difference. I have another appointment in two weeks (the 20th).

I do have one question. If I am supposed to eat Protein first and then vegetables -- no more than 8 oz 3x per day, how do you get 1200-1500 calories a day as the dietician says I should?

This morning I opened the windows since it is nice and sunny today and 80' here in Charlotte. I came up to my office and there is green pollen on everything -- in between each sheet of paper, on the computer screen, in the keyboard -- EVERYWHERE!! I finally got it all dusted up but I have pollen allergies so tonight is going to be fun!! In fact I think I need to take a zyrtec now and one at bedtime!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!! I'm sure Judy will have beautiful pictures. Here are two of my favorite pictures from Maui.

post-235755-138131382756_thumb.jpg

post-235755-13813138275881_thumb.jpg

Suzie be careful with all your activities, don't wear yourself out with things like mowing the lawn (that's a mans job!!).

I just made spaghetti squash the best I've ever made it, it was so good I wanted seconds (but didn't, packed it for lunch instead!).

Altered a spaghetti casserole with a low-carb sauce, was also out of onions so left that out, but original recipe calls for onions.

Got the squash in the oven with garlic salt and pepper till soft.. meanwhile brown ground beef w/minced garlic. Drain & mix in 1 can Tomato sauce, oregeno, parsley, garlic salt, & basil. Simmer 30m. Get strands out of squash into a dish, press with paper towel to drain. Then mix the squash into the meat mixture.

Layer 1/2 mixture on bottom of casserole dish, top with mozzerella & grated parmesian. Put rest of mixture and top with more mozzerella and grated parmesian.

I also made low-carb garlic bread (thought I'd see how that works.. was good!!).. used one of his low-carb tortilla wraps, cut into 4.. put butter, garlic salt and parmesian on it.

Cooked them both together in the oven 25m @ 350.

It was AWESOME.

Ok, so anyone wanna see my DD's new boyfriend in action??? He's a drummer!!! And he's in a band!!! That actually plays gigs around town!!! Aaaack!! Yes, he's only 15 and I DO like him....very sweet kid and is crazy about my daughter and very good to her. Just happens to be a drumming prodigy of sorts...

He's just a kid with very supporting, loving parents. His drum set is in their living room!! Can you imagine?

This club he's playing, Fitzgeralds, I've been to many, many, many times in my younger days! AAAAACKKK!!! I won't tell him that.

Hi Terry, Michelle, Pamela, Kat, and Laura!! I see you are on here!! I can't imagine a drum set in my living room!! That was interesting to watch though.

Boring day here. I watched 7 pounds. Interesting movie. Going to do some things around the house and the I guess I will watch the Apprentice.

I love the fact I have Mondays off!!

Okay off I go, welcome back Judy!!

Just got a call from my tax person and she said I get a refund plus I don't have to pay first quarter taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also don't have to pay state for the whole year!!!!!!!

On a different note, I really think the Probiotics are working!! I have noticed in the past few days I haven't really been craving sweets!! HHHMMMM!!!!!

Just finished eating dinner. Now watching Country Music Awards. I made these little mini meatloafs. I found the recipe in a mag. They were ok. Hubby liked them alot.

Janie, I finished getting all my tax papers together. I will drop them off a the tax mans tomorrow. I'm sure he likes us late comers.

I'm watching the CMA's too! I put Robby down for the night......

I HAVE restriction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. I've lost 2 of the 30 lbs.. I just sigh at my size 10's that are just a dream again for me...... but I know I will get there... knowing that I have a possible leak is at least a REASON why I had such a bad backslide.

We had a busy weekend....... we actually split the room that Robby shares with Josh when he is here...... now they both have their own albeit smaller room with custom built Loft beds and we put all the combinded resue heros out and they took turns picking ...... Resue Heros are MAJOR in this house! LOL

Cody was scout camping which made things go more smooth........

It is so nice to have restriction back....... a safety net for me........

Hey Girls~

Terry, loved the vid! AAAHHH youth right? I grew up w/ a drummer, and Sat am was his fav time to play. Actually, I grew to like it...love rock music.

Had a nice relaxing day and used as much electricity as we could, lol. WOW...do we really depend on power. We both had no cells for a time because we didn't plug in. What a mess. Had our perishables in coolers, plus had my allergy meds in there too since they need the fridge.

We have 4 days this week then break! Yippee-ki-ya!!

Have a great night...off to play scrab BECAUSE I HAVE POWER!

Good evening, violets!!

We're back and exhausted, but we had an awesome vacation. I have tons of pictures and it will take me a couple of days to get them posted. I'm headed to bed and haven't read any posts yet. I'll catch up on that tomorrow too.

It was wonderful, but soooooooo good to be home, even with the snow we're expecting tomorrow.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

:thumbup:Judy's Back!!!!!!!!!:smile2: