Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Me again...

me thinks stress is keeping the scales from moving. they aren't going up but they aren't going down either and I heard on TBL that stress can do things to your body, such as....slow weight loss

Tracy - try taking a Vitamin C supplement daily.

stress = high cortisol levels

high cortisol levels = weight gain, high blood pressure, impaired immune function

Vitamin C supports adrenal function = lower cortisol levels!

Voila!

........either that or get drunk.

Woo hoo, Judy!! Congratulations on finally getting your hands on the money you've worked so long and so hard for!

[Hmmm...I wonder how much that would be worth if you had just invested it yourself all these years?]

Ummm probably a buck ninety five!!

Hi gals

Terry - I thought that was on the do not take list, went to the dr, they did heat/ultrasonic thingy on my back, helped a little, could breathe, got a pain killer, not too bad, i'm functioning on them, and flexeral (sp) to take 1 at night and a low dose. I am still hurting but feel so much better

Just laying low today... actually got a load of laundry done and that is about it.

oh and before i hurt myself, i put a pot roast, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot, thank goodness... got up and dd put the bowl in my programable crock pot (LOVE IT TERRY) and turned it on.... so i don't have to take care of anyone today

Suzie.. thanks for turning me on to Freecycle. I looked it up here and we have a Yahoo group in Alpena. I'm waiting now for a young lady to come and pick up our black swivel rocker. What a great way to disperse items that you don't need anymore. I love not having to load and haul stuff somewhere.

Hello all.......

The wind is blowing so hard our power at the house was off for a while.

Hope all is well

I'mmmmmmmmmm back!

Other than the fact that my app't was for 1pm & the doc didn't arrive until 2:30pm... which was actually nice because they took me back & so I got to sit & read a book for all that time (The Last Days of Dogtown, by the woman who wrote The Red Tent, for those interested)... everything went fine. It was a bit weird standing there w/the needle poking out & the syringe in my pocket... but it was way cool to see my band "in action"! And my actual surgeon did the fill, which was nice to see him again, too. He was pleased w/my loss to date, but I told him that I really wanted to finish the loss & not putz around w/it any more. So... he said that the band looked great, no erosion, no slippage, &... ready for it? -- that it was full! :rolleyes2: ARGH! So he added .5 cc and I drank the stuff again and I could see it go into the pouch, & a bit kinda went up a bit... then slowly seep down... so he didn't want to make it too tight so there we are. I guess I'll see, huh? He said that if/when I lose another chunk, to go back & we'll adjust again, but that it should be good.

So we'll see...

Gotta dash again & take dd to play rehearsal! BBL!

Good evening, Violets..

Michelle, congrats on the fill. I'm anxious to know if you notice a difference.

I'm having a fun time on Facebook. Someone from my high school graduating class messaged me and it's been great connecting with others from my class. Now it might not seem like a biggie to most of you, but you have to remember it's been 44 years since I graduated!!!!! and that's older than most of you are!

What a hoot catching up with people.

I'm off to Community Chorus and then relaxing the rest of the night. I got my bathroom spic and span and have had Ethan all day. Tomorrow is hospital volunteering and cleaning the breezeway.

Everyone have a good evening. Catch you when I get back.

Thanks, Judy... I'm eager to see if I notice a difference, too. I know that some folks swear that just a wee bit can make a big difference... I hope so!

Since I'm on liquids today & tomorrow, I treated myself to an iced coffee while on my Mom's Taxi run just now... I am so sneaky!

Have a great eve, everyone!

hi guys

i'm drugged and loopy... just took 2nd pain pill and that was enough to make me feel loopy, but i hurt so bad,

had ds's special ed meeting today, which went well, but that hard wooden chair nearly killed me. I'm going to take a muscle relaxer in about 30 mins and hopefully sleep the night and not hurt.

this is horrble... all because i wanted to do laundry... shoot, my blanket needs to be dried

Terry-you crack me up...I almost choked when I saw the "or just go get drunk" post. lol I think I will try the Vitamin C first.

Jenn-so sorry you are hurting sista!

Michelle-you are gonna do GREAT with the fill.

Judy-I am having alot of fun with Facebook and myspace too. So you are on the hawaii countdown, huh?!

Have a great night everyone. :rolleyes2:

Hi Ya'll!

I left work early and came home and took a nap! LOL How's that!? My boss is out of town and I haven't been sleeping well for several nights...so I just took off! Yea me!

Jenn - Baby, i sure feel your pain. I've thrown my back out really badly at least 4-5 times and to a lesser extent many more times than that! My experience has taught me that I will heal in 2-3 days if I just take it SUPER EASY for those days...I don't go anywhere or do anything other than the bed, couch or floor to do some stretches. If I try to do normal things, or as much as I can in spite of the pain, then it will take at least 5-6 days to heal. I'm very sorry you are hurting -- I don't wish that one anyone! I hope you at least get a good night's rest!

Michelle - good luck with your fill! I hope it helps you!

Made it thru one more night of Reboot. Going into week 4 with this. I think I just might make it. I worked out extra hard tonight. Even though my muscles were screaming, I still held all the positions. I told myself that since I had eaten a few things today that I shouldn't have that I was going to give it my all tonight. And I did.

Judy, I love Freecycle. Last year when we took down our chain link fence I was really worried about how much it was going to cost to take it all to the dump. I thought to myself that I would try Freecycle. Well, there was this couple that came with a flatbed truck and hauled all of it off. Everything and than some. They eve took some of the scraps from the new fence to make birdhouses with. It really saved us alot.

Michelle, I'm also anxious to see how your fill goes. Tonight when I was on the floor doing crunches I had Gloria come over and feel where my port was at She had the funniest look on her face. She wanted to know if it hurt. Nope, I always forget about it being there.

Janie??? How did it go today???

TracyKS, Hugs and we miss you alot.

Did Haydee ever get on-line?

And where is Carson at?????? And his Mommy?