Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Manda and I were just laughing that when her cat had 8 kittens she had to rotate them in 4 at a time, so they could all eat!

Even if this woman could feed 2 at a time, her body needs time to replenish before feeding the next 2 and so on, by the time she can feed 5&6, #'s 1&2 will be hungry again.

Manda said if it were her (and we are both incredibly glad it isn't!) that she would pump as much as humanly possible and add it to bottles along with formula so they would get some breast milk benefits, but still be able to thrive. Seriously it is admirable to want to do that for your children, but that is totally unrealistic!

And todays formula is not like it is bad for a baby! Whereas starvation is!

Manda come in tonight and tried on her costume, pretty funny! Durango CO has a HUGE winter festival week called Snowdown. This years theme is Snowdown in Da Nile....and it is all things Egyptian. Manda is Cleopatra on their float Friday night. My DD looks totally wierd in straight black hair!

The part of BP she works for is a Natural Gas collection site. The float they are making is on a 16 foot flatbed truck, and has a pyramid on the front half, with a pump jack (not a drilling rig Michelle!) on the side of it, and a sphynx on the back of the float. Every time the pump jack goes down the tail of the sphynx lifts and it shoots out a cloud of steam....or farts! The side reads "BP we're all about natural gas"---it looks good!

The parade is Friday night, I am hoping it warms up some, I want to take Kinsey up, but it is SOOOO crowded and it is cold out right now. So will have to see. Saturday we are going to go watch some of the races....bed and outhouse races down the ski slopes....waiter and waitress races down the road all while dressed in theme. It is a full week long event---there are fashion shows, from simple places like Dillards, to high end shows at the resort.

It is sooooo much fun--they have ice sculpting and snowman contests---which are fun, they have one area children are not allowed, because they are quite elaborate and detailed and usually X rated!

There is a swimming suit competition, they ski in bikinis--idiots!

Should be a fun week I am glad Manda is getting involved in the float for work, but also getting into a group of people who DO things like that. She is excited.

Well I have some paperwork to deal with....I HATE insurance issues! Will talk to ya later.....and Laura, I am glad you aren't having a litter either!!!

Kat

Quote:

Originally Posted by kity viewpost.gif

For me...it is the Peeps! When I die, put chips and salsa, and a thing of Peeps in my casket, k?

Now why does this just not surprise me at all, Dr. Jazzy Bradford???

No, now it's "Councilwoman Dr. Jazzy Bradford!"

Yeah, jelly Beans are disgusting too!!

Marshmellow candy (anything with marshmellow in it) and jelly beans.. and licorice.. YUCK.

Me, too, Laura! I hate all that stuff... bleh!

Hey... have you guys ever had "microwave fun" w/your peeps? Put 2 on a paper plate, stick a toothpick in each (like it's holding a jousting spear), then nuke them (I forget for how long...), but then they get really big & 1 pokes the other & it explodes! Too much fun! Also, last year the Washington Post did a whole funny contest on Peep diaramas... it was soooo funny what folks sent in! Maybe you could google it & find the article??

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mini cadbury eggs... not the big ooey gooey ones (gross), but the little ones... mmm mmm mmm

This is a baaaad conversation I'm having w/myself! lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kity viewpost.gif

For me...it is the Peeps! When I die, put chips and salsa, and a thing of Peeps in my casket, k?

What about rum balls?

& a pitcher of margaritas!! & a picture of US! :(

'nuff silliness... g'night!

WHEW.. what a day!!!!! Robby woke me up telling me that he had a chapped rash and that he needed lotion..

I looked at it and thought OH CRAP its that molusk contagiam (sp) that is going around at wrestling... so I kept him home from school and then had the computer all clogged up all day trying to upload a video to youtube...... only to make it to the doc to find out that it is not THAT, but its worse............. SHINGLES! My 5 year old has SHINGLES!!!!!!!!! he is off tomorrow from school and at least one week from wrestling.......

Also I made the pumpkin sausage Soup and a stew...

which reminds me..... Kaye Bailey.. author of the pouch test sent me a message saying she LOVED the soup test video I put up! LOL

SO.. now I have a little boy who is restless........ so I'll sign off!

Work was busy tonight. Thought that the flurries and cold would keep everyone home.

We gave Tippy her first round of pain meds. Went ok but I'm afraid that now that she knows what is going on that tomorrow is going to be a lot harder.

I did most excellent on my calorie intake today. Just wasn't healthy calories. I need to work a little better on getting some veggies in me.

Have a great night and talk to you tomorrow.

Tracy, is he complaining about pain? I didn't realize that they could get them so young. I had them about 2 years ago and mine hurt like the dickens. I ended up getting a tube of calamine lotion that had pain relief in it. That helped a little bit. Good Luck to you and Robby.

Warning: ugly picture attached.

post-214709-13813138095523_thumb.jpg

Tracyks, Sue the girl next to me at work son had shingles. he is 11! That is so odd!!

I love white jelly beans!!!

About 10 years ago there was this place that sold Marshmallow sticks, yummmmm!! Now keep in mind I am allergic to nuts, so this was like a big kit kat and had caramel, then marshmallow on top and the whole thing was coated in chocolate!!! YUM They went out of business, which is probably a good thing.

All right I am done in today, going to bed and hoping all has a wonderful night with lots of good dreams!!!

5 degrees. :(

Getting ready for work.

Have a great day.

Good Morning, Violets..

10 degrees here.. a heat wave!!

Don't know why I'm up this early. I don't have to be to flute rehearsal until 9. Then it's a lazy day until choir rehearsal at 6. The Bobster has a church meeting out of town so I'll be on my own again today. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not.

Going to go figure out something for Breakfast.

Everyone have a good day and make good choices. Hope everyone under the weather is feeling better today.

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Another day off for the kiddos... it's an "ice" day today! All the snow that fell yesterday iced over solid last night... we live on the side of a hill & our driveway goes straight downhill soooo... it could be Spring Thaw before I get out again! (I joke, but just a tad... a few years ago it did take a week before I could get the car out... I had to hike to the main road & my friend met me w/her car & took me to the grocery store... when we returned, the kids met me @ the road w/their sleds & we loaded the bags on the sleds & they dragged them up to the house, "just like the pioneers"! (they didn't get that the poor pioneers didn't have "grocery stores"!)

Make it a good day! Keep warm!

Good morning! We are home and my goal today is to clean this house.... I just have to tear myself away from the puter!! LOL

Robby is trying to fold towels....... LOL!! He is not complaining of pain he said it hurts a little.. (that child really has a high tolerance for it though)

I bought a web cam and tried uploading to youtube.. but my voice not matching my mouth and I can't figure out why.

It's gonna be a tough day today. I woke up hungry and I'm still hungry. I've had about 4 cups of hot chocolate, 8 life savers and I just now finished a bowl of oatmeal. I just feel like I could tear the kitchen apart and eat everything. And what is gonna make it worse is here in a little bit I have to take my sister grocery shopping. Lord, give me strenght.

Well it was a snow day for everybody today. My son's high school called me at 6 AM with an automated message saying it was cancelled, and then my university called an hour later . . . since when did they start doing that??? My lucky husband had a class this morning and they waited until half way through class to announce that they would cancel . . . after everyone has already unburied their cars and braved the horrid driving conditions to be sitting chilled and unhappily shivering in their classes . . . blehhh.

Anyways I ran downstairs to find my son at 6am to make sure he knew the good news, called his name and he answers "what" in the tone of voice that says "why on earth are you bothering me with your incessantly nagging, annoying self first thing in the morning," so I said "with that attitude maybe I won't tell you." He said "fine then" and never even asked me what was up. I didn't tell him the news until he was all dressed and ready to walk out the door 40 minutes later. Jeeze, Louise . . . what is up with that . . . and am I a child as well for not telling him until he is ready to walk out the door???

So tell me, can teenage boys get PMS??? I am starting to wonder.

I agree with passing on the peeps and licorice is really gross to me . . . but jelly belly brand jelly Beans are a personal favorite which I reserve only for Easter, lol. I don't even want to talk about Cadbury regular sized caramel eggs or I will have to start thinking about them, lol. Why oh why do I have to start seeing them in January already??? I think I will start avoiding the drug stores as well.

Edited by HeatherO
typo

LMAO Heather...hahaha...maybe it is the middle school teacher in me, but that is what he gets! Good for you! I am meeted with, "WHAT???" all the time...which I know means "WTF???" I love that you waited 40 min. Maybe next time you call him, he won't be so crabby about it!

Rested this am...no gym, extra coffee! I love that cause it breaks the week up nicely!

At work now and I have to write an email to an dumbass, so I am in LBT first so I don't sound SO bitchy (like I know I am gonna). This afternoon Sus and I are going to the tattoo shop to discuss my piece w/ the artist. She is COMPLETELY AGAINST IT...but I told her, "My parents are dead...I can do what I want." LOL, There is this sense of autonomy that is coming with the decision...can't wait. And yes, I am getting a Violet above the butterfly. It is a mystical butterfly, NOT a "prison blue" circa 1977. It is going to be purple and green and whimsical...very fem!!!

BBL

And yes, I am getting a Violet above the butterfly. It is a mystical butterfly, NOT a "prison blue" circa 1977. It is going to be purple and green and whimsical...very fem!!!

BBL

I can't wait to see the pictures :0). You absolutely must share.