Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening, Violets..

The Bobster has arrived at his destination 4 hours away and I'm sitting here by myself. I went back to church this afternoon and got music put away and picked out the Easter anthem. I have two ladies with eye problems, so I enlarged music for them. I came home and had my dinner.. 1 cup Walmart ham salad with mandarin orange segments and soy nuts added and 1/4 cup of frozen strawberries with 3 Tbl. heavy cream and Splenda buzzed up in the Magic Bullet. I'll have my 2nd liter of Water this evening while I watch Desperate Housewives.

I got the gym cleaned up and now can do my glider without hitting suitcases.

PamELa.. I could no sooner pb in the sink than you can in the toilet, I guess. Toilet is the place for me. Just bending down close to the thing helps to get the gag reflex going. I haven't pb'd in a long time. Maybe only once or twice since the 2nd of Jan.

Everyone have a good evening. Ethan comes at 8 tomorrow morning for the day so Grandma needs to get to bed early!

I am excited cause we get the keys to the townhouse tomorrow. Gonna try to get as much done before Friday when the movers get here as we can but with dh workng nights it will be tough! I get the results to my MRI tomorrow too. Sould be interesting. Feel better than I did however, so that is great!

Laura-I agree...GREAT job on the lamp little mama!

Heather-I love the name Ayla too. very cute!

Janie-a packing party would be fun but you are right, not a thing would get done!

Pamela-how was the double header?

Kat-I wanna see the Benjamin Button movie....Gran Torino too!

Judy-I have never even bought heavy cream...you can tell I am pretty new to the itchen, huh? What is it for? (yes I am dumb)

Have a great evening violets!

I used heavy cream every year in kindergarten when we made butter. You shake it enough and it becomes buttermilk and then separates into real butter and a thin white liquid. We'd use the homemade butter on cornbread. But heavy cream is usually used to make real whipped cream. It has no sugar in it, but very rich in fat. When I whip it in the magic bullet with frozen strawberries.. it makes something similar to a homemade ice cream. I also use heavy cream in my chocolate mousse.. which I'm not making again until I'm sure I can resist it!!!

Jane.. when I made the Soup, I had ham left from Christmas and just ground it up in the Magic Bullet. I'd never eaten tofu in my life, but I found out I liked it.. at least in that soup.

Good evening!!!!!!

I started using heavy cream in my Low Carb days.. as 1 cup has 6 carbs versus 12 in milk........ I used a diluted mixure for SF pudding, Soup, I use Heavy cream in my coffee...... it is great in recipe's but you have to realize it's NOT low fat... its LOW CARB......

I bought some chocolate Calorie Countdown and am right now having CC, coffee, SF vanilla Syrup, Vodka... over ice........ I this is my new vice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sucked on eating all weekend........ and I haven't weighed......... blech..

Robby did good at wrestling yesterday and it was TOUGH!!! this was not a Novice tourney and those kids (even 6 years old were TOUGH) I put the video up on facebook....... he wrestled 5 times and got 4th place

Oh yeah........... I have brisket in the oven for overnight cooking and I'm going to make the pumpkin sausage Soup tomorrow........

I finished book 4 of the twilight series.. and it was by far the best! I think I'm going to re read the last chapter before bed.

Hi Ya'll -

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend.

tracy - Congrats to Robbie on 4th place!! He must be really proud! Is he doing better at school now? I haven't heard you stressing about it lately so it must be better! I'm so glad!

Jane - Doing a budget really helped me this month (my first). I realize it will take 3-4 months to get it tweaked just right but it sure helps me feel more in control and curbs my impulsive spending for sure! I have only spent $35 this whole month on lunches out whereas usually I would have spent probably $100+. My grocery bill is high but that's 'cause we're eating home more and Evan is living with us now...but today I saved $72 (32%) on my grocery tab shopping the big sale Kroger was having. I was so proud!

I made King Ranch chicken tonight and OMG it was soooooo good. I haven't made it in years. I even made Mexican Rice for the first time, too -- it was awesome. I'll post the recipes for ya:

King Ranch chicken Casserole III - Allrecipes

Mexican Rice II - Allrecipes

All this talk about reading makes me want to get in my jammies and cuddle with a book so I think I'll go do that. I'm not real tired today 'cause I took a 2.5 hour nap! I never used to take naps -- never! But since Christmas I've been doing it more and more. Yea me!

I'll see ya'll in the morning - k?

Oh, kat -- meant to say how cute Kinsey's room sounded!! I love the vine idea with the monkeys hanging down -- SOOOOOO smart!!

Hey Gang~

They lost the first game by one run...but then beat the Hard Liquors again 23-8!

My step mom told me about this book called, The Baglady's War. The story is about these old women, barely "getting by", and they are robbed by these thugs! The women decide to kill the thugs and do society a favor. Then they can go to jail, get taken care of w/ cots and three hot meals. So they go on this killing spree! Sounds lovely! Soon, I too can read a book!

Have a great night. Just watch the United States of Tara...now is L Word!

About to go to bed, but had to say... from my days of Atkins, I have found any recipe that calls for milk or whipping cream/heavy cream... fat free half & half works perfect, can't tell the difference. When I make hot cocoa I normally use 1/2 the H&H and 1/2 Water.

Uhmm.. going to bed now, I'll post more tomorrow..

Good Morning,

Up and getting ready for a very long day.

Have a great day and make good choices.

Good Morning, Violets..

Anybody else have 16 below zero temps this morning?? hmmmmmmm I didn't think so. Cover our ears, Michelle.. Holy CRAP!! it's cold out there!!!

I just boosted the heat to 68 in the house. I keep it at 65 at night. It's comfortable in here, but when I went to let Jetta in from outside and put her in the garage, it felt darn chilly. I checked weatherbug and thought.. oh, 16 isn't bad... but then I looked closer and it was MINUS 16 and that's regular temp. With the wind chill it's -25!!!Yikes!!

Ethan arrives in a few minutes and will be here for the day. He's mastered bowling on the Wii, so I know what we'll be doing today. Sure is too cold to go outside and play.

Going to go fix some Breakfast. Everyone have a great day!!

Edited by Teachlady

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

A regular Monday on the way today... working, laundry, some cleaning, & maybe the HS basketball game this evening for some fun!

While driving ds to school this a.m. (he had to take in his saxophone, so didn't want to take the bus) I heard on the radio that today is Michigan's "statehood" day (didn't catch the year it was admitted) & thought of you, Judy!

Am taking dd back to the doctor's AGAIN for the 3rd time to try to figure out what's out of whack w/her... she still coughs 'til she barfs, & now she keeps getting lightheaded and also 3 times over the weekend (once while cantering on her horse, and twice in the middle of the night) she gets sudden pounding headaches that make her cry in pain! Something is NOT right! So we're seeing my fav doc in the practice & have a double appointment time so we're not rushed. Am expecting to have to take her for blood work at least, if not more diagnostic tests... that will be my afternoon!

Make it a good day, everyone!

Today I get the keys to the townhouse, find out my MRI results. My shoulder and neck are killing me once again (I think its my bed but don't wanna admit it) and I also feel like I am going to throw my guts up :(

Have a great day everyone! Gotta get dd ready for school.

Today I will make better choices!

I'm not so stressed about Robby because my celexa helps even me out! LOL Seriously though, he will have a perfect day, and then he will have a melt down the next... its mainly him not getting his way.. something he can turn on and off. I've also been trying to pick him up rather early from the after school care, because that is a hard part of the day for him. I'm definately NOT going to put him in the full time program over the summer....

Also..... I've been thinking seriously that it may have something to do with his maturity. You know he barely made the age cut off and I decided to TRY kindergarten... but there is this litte boy in his wrestling that we've gotten friendly with "parent wise" and he is only 3 weeks younger than Robby and he is still in Pre-K They wrestle at the same weight (he is actually the little boy wrestling Robby in the video I put on Facebook) Anyway.. after talking to his mom... I'm leaning towards the imaturity factor.... I plan to discuss this with his teachers at the next conference.

We also have a big crazy year coming up....... a school bond passed so our school is on the list for a million dollar makeover and they are rerouting all the kids to various other schools during the remodel....... our PTA group is going to try and stick together having meetings ever few months.. as the principal doesn't want to lose the core group....... the OTHER Kindergarten teacher (the one that Robby does not have) told me that she hates it that Robby is in the ITR class, she told them to give him to her because he is very similar to her son.... (she is a very nice, very laid back, total opposite of his current teacher) I don't know...... but it did give me something to think about for next year.,,,,,, so I've been quiet about it....... but the stress isn't gone.