Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Terri, That is great about your son. I hope things continue to improve.

Jane, How is your fill going??

2 French fries is cheating worth bold red letters----oh heaven help me! For I have sinned in major ways then.....2 french fries, lets compare that to.....vats of ice cream, enough chips and HOT salsa to feed a 3rd world country, flour tortillas with my tacos last night, not corn......today is my brothers birthday, and as we speak (chat...er type) my Mom is putting her homemade cream cheese frosting on his freshly baked carrot cake------and am I going to be able to control it to the equivalent to 2 french fries? Who am I kidding??????

Suzie----limiting yourself to 2 french fries when a whole order is sitting there is SUCCESS!

Jenn sorry about the fried feet!!! I always did tan/burn in wierd ways with the tanning beds! Funniest one was these wierd little half moons I got ---they remained white, the rest of me tanned, and they were where my butt smushed down towards my thighs---walking in a swimsuit or nekkid, you got these flashes of white.....tanning beds are a thing of the past for me!

Kat

I know I shouldn't have made such a big deal about the 2 french fries. But it was huge to me. I have somehow managed to have lost 12.5 pounds since Jan. 5th. and for me to have eaten those 2 french fries could lead to me sabotaging myself again. It's a daily struggle for all of us and it really isn't a laughing matter. I'll try a little harder next time to control myself.

It's getting colder outside. I was trying to decide about making a pot of chili tonight or wait till tomorrow when it's really supposed to get cold. Maybe I'll wait and just fix a ham & cheese omelet for hubby and I tonight.

So don't let 2 french fries sabotage you. You slipped, now move along :scared2:

Gina: We have Sams but I'm not a member.

Oh I forgot also = Walmart carries them -- I don't know their price...

We are getting a very light dusting of snow right now. So I'm all bundled up and the fireplace is roaring. All comfy cozy.

If 2 fries is a cheat, then what's chips & salsa, a chicken fajita enchilada w/rice, refried Beans, 2 margi's & a sopapilla w/van ice cream & 2 cherries on top?? ...

...Not that I personally know anyone who would actually EAT that... heh heh... just wonderin'... :scared2:

:scared2: I wanna come over and cheat with you. :( :)

Did you ever have one of those nights where you just say... OH WHAT THE HELL????????????

That was me tonight........... if ONLY it were two french fries! LOL Guess I won't be hanging my feet off the scale in the morning!

Don't get offended...but I saw this and think she could be your mascot!!!

14-hair-getty-450.jpg

She's very violet!!!! LOL....

There ya go Mae, she looks like she coulda fit right in with us a few times during our trip!!! LOL

Suzanne, I in no way meant to make light of the effort you are putting in. Losing the weight you have, especially this month is impressive. If anything it was a lame attempt at making fun of myself and how pathetic I am at this. I never meant to laugh at you. We don't do that here, we laugh together, but never at. I apologize if you took it that way.

Kinsey has been such a sweetheart, and it was a real relief. I have been fighting the dark side all day. Rick was in a mood with someone at work---he ranted about it awhile tonight.

Went to my brothers birthday. My MIL made her usual comments about my eating, and my weight.

My brother told me how to lose it again....he has so much experience. He is 6'3" and 160 pounds. He works hard physically every day tho, so I am sure he works it off. He has brain damage, and has a loss of filters that you and I have. He is much like a young teen age boy---who knows everything! He told me I just needed to not eat, just like he doesn't drink. What is the problem? I told him, yeah I can do that, I quit smoking the same way---but lets you and I try this (thought my poor Mom was gonna have a coronary!) I said alcohol is your weakness, food is mine. Now every day you have 3 shots. One for Breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner. No more......if you drink more, you will once again become a raging alcoholic. He tells me well alcohol doesn't work like that, it makes you want more, it is an addiction. I laughed, and said I am a food a holic, and you don't think that food makes me want more? You know nothing about it. Meanwhile there is a house full of people all discussing me regaining weight......as my lip slowly swells with a giant hive. I have them all over. It feels kinda hopeless tonight. I know better. KNOW better, but it FEELS it tonight. Like TracyK and her being pregnant(!!!!!!sorry Hon!!!---just comparing the emotional state), the tears are sitting right there, and keeping them from spilling without reason is a job.

Jane, I hope you are ok.

TracyKS--I so relate to your post. What the hell , fits me to a T tonight.

My son was acting all huffy at me, because Connor wanted to wear Kinsey's fairy wings out at my Moms so I put them on him. He doesn't really care that he wears them, he hates that Ali always takes pictures of him in the tiara here, or in the wings there....and he says he knows from experience how bad he will hate those, and he personally will destroy them for him if he wants. He says his Mom did it to him, and teased him unmercifully. I held back from asking him if he thinks he is married to someone like his Mom.......he isn't, and I just want him to think about it.

Well I am taking my sorry butt to bed. If I had sleeping pills I'd take some. Well maybe not with Miss Kinsey here. She sat on Ricks lap and he read her a book, and she tells him..."Papa you purr like a cat when you talk" He was so confused! I told him his deep voice resonates in his chest, I feel it when I lay on his shoulder and talk in bed. She would spread herself out on his chest and tell him to read. So he started to laugh, and she tells him to stop giggling! He acted all gruff and told her boys don't giggle, boys laugh! She thought about it, and gets all serious, and she says Poor boys. He decided ok then boys could giggle! She has been such fun. I think Mommy is VERY home/Kinsey sick, she has called 3 -4 times today!

Will see you tomorrow.

Kat

Good Morning All!

Mae - I hope that is what I look like when I'm 85....wearing purple and not giving a hoot what anyone thinks!! And yes, she is a perfect mascot for us!!!

Kat - I'm so sorry you are having so many issues and challenges right now. I'm wondering if maybe doing some volunteer work at a shelter or something would help you get focused on something other than your own family issues-- which you can rarely do anything about anyway! Maybe it's a 'letting go' thing, a time-to-take-a-deep-breath thing. Find some kind of way to seriously relieve stress. When was the last time you got on horseback? You always love that! As for the bills, and especially if you think Rick's job is in real danger, you probably should just pay the minimum on the medical bills and hit the credit card debt. Here's a link to the Dave Ramsey 'snowball' method that is so popular now. On his show I've also heard him advise lots of times about medical bills to call them and offer a settlement amount of about 1/2 -- but that's really for people who are max'd out on debt and equity loans etc. But I'm just saying if Rick loses his job, to keep that in the back of your mind. If you have any desire to move to the PA/NY area (HA!) they are drilling like mad in the Marcellus shale, which I think are horizontal wells and probably have high demand for frac crews! Doesn't packing up and moving sound fun? Only problem is you'd have to find a way to take Rick's spiffy new shop with you!

Suzie - You are doing AWESOME!!! Remember: Progress, not Perfection!!

Michelle - You crack me up!!!

Uh, where's Judy?....and Jane???

Jenn - what is the video that made you cry? I'm confused (again).

We went to dinner with friends last night. Y'know one of those shi-shi-poo-poo restaurants where the decor is all stainless steel and concrete floors and the tiny Entrees are served on huge plates and you don't recognize any food on the menu? I didn't even recognize ONE wine on the wine list. Pretentious as hell. But it was my girlfriend's birthday and that's where she wanted to go. Anyway...the table next to us is a group of 3 young couples, maybe 25? So I look around and sure enough about 70% of the restaurant is full of KIDS this age. How in the hell do they afford this?? Answer is that they don't. They just charge it and worry about it later. Then they hop in their BMW and drive to their mid-town $1800/mo apartment and sleep like a baby. Oh, how it's all going to catch up to them!!

Well, I'm going to try to be productive today. Clean out my closet for sure; maybe even tackle DH's if he'll "let me". (He won't.)

Check ya'll later. (((Hugs))) to everyone who is struggling today.

If 2 fries is a cheat, then what's chips & salsa, a chicken fajita enchilada w/rice, refried Beans, 2 margi's & a sopapilla w/van ice cream & 2 cherries on top?? ...

...Not that I personally know anyone who would actually EAT that... heh heh... just wonderin'... :(

Ummm, that would be me! :scared2: :)

Good morning friends!

Have a great day and make healthy choices. Respect the pouch...RESPECT IT!

Today I will strive to only have 2 fries. :(

I miss Judy and Jane too! :scared2: