Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Woohoo Judy, send me some self-discipline please!

Going to that new Clint Eastwood movie tonight, "I will not get a candy the size of my head, I will not get a candy the size of my head, I will not get a candy the size of my head"

Hi gals

just got my hair done, i missed my red - i'm looking like me again

came home to do a little laundry then running off to the dr.

counter top guys are having a slight problem in there and i am hiding.

it is freezing here today...

Rick said some more changes had taken place, but did not elaborate. I am sure I will hear all about them all night long. He is driving me crazy, and it is a really short trip these days!

The company he works for is running scared with the new leadership change.

Halliburton in Iraq deals with oil, as they do in many locals, but locally they do very little with oil, and work mostly with natural gas. BUT with the contracts given to Halliburton by their former president Cheney, and with the proposed tax penalties upon companies who move their operational headquarters out of the US.....they are running scared that the money train they have been cruising on is fixing to be derailed!

So they did a hiring freeze. Meanwhile, they had the best quarter ever last of last year, and they do not have the employees to support the work they are doing.....so now they cut hours to 40 a week, no OT,and are talking layoffs.....all the while bringing a 4th frac crew in from Bakersfield CA to help keep up with the work. None of it makes sense.

Rick is of serious mixed feelings in it. He was furious when they moved to Dubai (of the United Arab Emirates) as their headquarters, but it was supposed to save them close to a billion dollars tax wise. He totally supports the move to tax the bejesus out of companies who do that----even if it does cost him his job. Locally they have to compete for work, and they have no problem winning bids, and completing work, and he believes they should have been bidding and competing all along, rather than just being awarded contracts over in Iraq. So it puts him in the HUGE minority at work, and that is a well known fact. Whether it will figure in when these lay offs start or not we will have to see. He is in the same job position as one other guy--they actually share the job---one of them being on call available at all times, and in charge of the support teams. Rick has seniority. IF he gets axed and the other guy does not, then we will find a lawyer---he has pulled the race card before, and we figure he will again, and around here it is common practice to do Native American hiring preference. BUT they are not on the reservation, and not supported by reservation, so it is not legal.

Most of the other places around here are still going and a blowing. He has "ins" with Conoco Phillips and with BP. So he is going to update his resume (it has been well over a decade since he seriously looked elsewhere!) and try to be proactive himself.

Part of our issue is the insurance thing, he has to provide insurance on the child we pay child support for. Cobra insurance coverage just for her would eat up over half of his unemployment all by itself! But literally a month does not go by that we do not get medical bills or dental bills or something on her. Her Mother is addicted to Rx meds, for a botched back surgery, and has taught her DD to love going to Dr.'s. We will have a bit of a break this month, because she has to pay the first $250.00 of expenses not met by insurance, then we have to begin paying 91% of all unpaid amounts--which adds up quickly. She has a bad knee apparantly and some sort of bladder issue.....she sees the Dr. more frequently than everyone else I know put together!

So with all this going on, my DH refuses to seem to be able to talk about anything else. He is quickly turning into a glass half empty over it, and it is frustrating the you know what out of me!

My hives are going nuts, even with the steroids last night, I thought I might end up in ER. my throat was so tight.

We tried to go by and see our DD and the baby, only to be told by phone, they never answered their door, that Saturday would be better. Screw that! Sorry, I love her, and already love the baby, but when I have to make an appointment so that the SOB SOL will be there when I go by I just won't go. I have Kinsey and Connor that do not require appointments to be seen.....I will not be calling or visiting again, until we hear from her. What her Dad decides to do is up to him, he can try to stop by again, I won't be.

So......now you know why I have been avoiding posting, life is yucky right now.

Hoping Rick finds a different, better more secure job......and that my DD finds the backbone she obviously misplaced somewhere, and life gets good again!

I have Kinsey today, that always cheers me up....but right now she is getting her Scooby fix!

We got the shop finished, it looks so good! Even with 5 motorcycles in there there is room to work. And that makes room in the garage for the elliptical---maybe I can use it out there, it is just too tight in the extra bedroom with all the other stuff and that being the room with Kinseys bed and toys!

TracyKS good luck on your job issues, hope you and Rick get better positions soon!!!

Will check in later, gotta go scratch!!

Kat

Kat, so sorry to hear about Rick's problems. I read your post to Bob and he said he agreed with Rick. Lot of good that does, huh? Lots of prayers headed your way for all of your concerns.. Rick, hives, SOB SIL, all of it.

Laura.. I don't know where I found the discipline, but I sure am glad to have it back. So far today I've had a slice of cheese and a talapia filet. I'll have another talapia filet for supper and call it a day. I'm starting my second bottle of Water in a little bit. Just seeing the numbers go down is a big motivation. I haven't seen them budge like this in well over a year.

Here's a pic of Kristin and her personal basketball and a link to pics of her baby shower.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569629988AEgjFL

post-215048-13813138049552_thumb.jpg

Edited by Teachlady

I am so sleepy......... must of been the hc chili... but man oh man.. I've got some serious self sabotage going on in my head...... I guess its the fill tomorrow thats messing with me.

I am volunteering at Robby's school in the morning and then my fill is in the afternoon........ wrestling practice tonight.

I'm sorry I'm not doing personals....... just know that I care about you all....... :laugh:

Good afternoon, ladies~~

Judy, great pics! What a turn-out! & the gifts -- oh my! How'd she get them all home?? & The crock pots were definitely humming! :ohmy:

Tracy... I'm playing mind-games myself this afternoon too... I actually took about an hour nap just to stop myself from eating! :laugh: But now I'm awake again & still facing the same "cravings"...which are not physical at all & I know that... I DID zumba today... yay me... but now it's like I'm trying to un-do all that good exercise w/bad eating! ugh!

Will this ever get easier... probably not. I've got to learn to deal. Bleh.

((everyone))

Oh and TOM arrived........ which is why I just ate a big ol golden gram granola bar.......... choc and pb! Why can't I be strong!

Hi everyone - nothing grand to report here, just the usual. I did close two of my credit card accounts today! I took most of the bonus money I made last year that was just sitting in savings and paid a big chunk of my car off, then came up with a 'snowball' plan to get all my debt paid off (2 car pmts) by Aug 2010. I'm saving $2,500 in interest and paying them off THREE years early if all goes according to plan. This is very exciting for me! I have never NOT had debt!! When my mother's estate is finally settled and after the taxes are paid (bleh) I may even be able to pay them off completely before year end. I :)Dave Ramsey!! I also sent an email to my ex asking him to review my "kids budget" and see if we can make it more equitable. I'm most definitely paying more than he is. We'll see how that goes over! Ha!

Evan went to see his psych today...she increased the dosage of his medications. Whew. He goes to see his therapist on Thursday. His car is in the shop getting repaired and I have an attorney working on getting his tickets 'fixed', so he's in better spirits as these problems are getting straightened out one by one. Granted, I've had to walk him through it and take care of some things myself, but that's ok...he's functioning quite well for now. He was really overwhelmed. We also dropped one of his classes for the spring semester so he's taking 12 hours instead of 15.

Judy - I'm so proud of you for walking the straight line!! You must be thrilled with yourself!! Is Bobster walking it with you?

Hi guys

appt went well, I just saw the resident, but my dr was in the hall, when i weighed in i caught him see me and do a double take.

Then when i was leaving he stopped me in the hall and told me to keep up the great work and was so different.

I think I'm a star pupil.

I didn't need a fill, i'm hardly eating as it is, but i'm going to kick it up 2/1 when i can get back to the gym and then evaluate the situation in april. I have an appt with him and the nutritionist in April. I would be happy to lose 10lbs by then. (ok who am i kidding - make it 22!)

I got on the scale and it was 200.3, which is ok, I was 197 still this am so 3lbs of Water and clothes is ok with me, I"ll take it-would have been thrilled if was less than that but overall it has been a great couple of days.

Off to make margaritas, girls night is back on every tuesday

Good evening, Violets..

What a nice day today. I got the breezeway, kitchen and downstairs bathroom cleaned up and spent the rest of the day surfing the internet sitting in my easy chair.

Terry.. be careful about closing accounts. That is not a good sign on your credit report. You can pay them off and leave them with a zero balance, but closing them sends up a red flag. Congrats on getting your debt under control. I plan on doing the same thing as soon as I start getting social security. That will be my "gravy" money as we are able to survive with just our pensions and his little job and social security now. And no, the Bobster is not walking the straight line with me. He's walking a complete circle snacking and not following the bandster rules. He's due for a fill, but we haven't made it down to the doctor yet.

TracyinKS... are you sure you want your ASS filled tomorrow??? I personally would rather get it in the port. My butt is big enough already.

TracyK.. hope you're feeling better today.

I'm off to fix my talapia and something for Bob for supper. Will check back later.

Hee hee hee -- Judy said "ass"! :)

Somehow I knew you'd pick up on that, Michelle. Oh my dear, sweet, innocent child.. if you only knew!!:):tt2::)

Hi ya'll-

My health report is that I do not feel very healthy. I got an adjustment today (finally)and it seems so far that this new chiro is more into making money instead of making me feel better. Just the impression I am getting so far. I mean I understand him wanting to make money but come on!

Judy-I am so proud of you I can hardly see straight!

I am still on the program...but am not weighing during TOM. Hopefully I can get well and start exercising the way I would like to.

Have a great night ladies!