Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help - Restriction

I need help, I just had another fill and im up to 6ml in a 10ml band.

Previously at 5ml, I could eat small amounts, I would get the full feeling and my portion sizes dropped and I was loosing good weight.

I could comfortably eat when I chewed etc.

Now with 1 extra mil in my band I have problems eating soft fruit, yoghurt, even drinking some things, I only have to take 1 bite of food, chew and most of the time it gets stuck and I end up vomiting, then sometimes I can eat, but it feels like im swallowing a golf ball and I get pains in my chest but the food does go down.

When I can eat without problems (only sometimes) I still get an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach.

Is this to tight? Or is this the right restriction, it hasnt been the most pleasant experience and I'm almost waiting 15 minutes inbetween bites.

I am curious why you got a fill if you were losing weight and eating small portions prior to the fill.

It does sound to me like you are too tight now.

Because I still felt like my restriction wasn't good enough, my portion sized reduced, but I could still eat quite alot and was still feeling hungry at times.

Sometimes my restriction was good, and other times it felt like I had none, so I guess sometimes it was good, some times not etc.

When I said good weight, I think it's ok, but I think it could be better. I have lost 18 pounds or 9kg since August.

I prefer more restriction too as long as I can get food down. I have to eat slowly and work at it but I am able to get three solid meals down per day I don't measure but I eat about 1 cup per meal...solid meat and veggies-no slider foods/mushies--they will not keep you satiated long enough. It takes about 30 minutes to eat the meals then I am good for 4-5+ hours before my next meal. Breakfast is harder to get down, I have to take tiny bites. lunch is hard but a little easier. For all meals I have to chew well and eat slowly but the food does go down and I get in sufficient amounts. I lose about 2 pounds per week.

If you are unable to get mushies and drinks down then you are probably too tight. If you are too tight then you won't be able to get enough calories in and in my experience that will stall your weight loss just as easily as getting too many calories. Maybe a slight unfill will do the trick?

I was banded on August 18th. After my first fill I adjusted after a couple of days and could eat a lot of things if I went slow. Weight lost was good. On November 11st I was given a second fill and I haven't been in good shape ever since. I can hardly get anything down and have been living on shakes, chicken and Soup. I started throwing up, not daily but enough. I am uncomfortable with the small amount of food I'm eating. I had lost 40 lbs. before the last fill and now I'm almost at 50 lbs just 9 days later. I am scheduled for another fill in 4 weeks and I'm concerned that I'll be on nothing but shakes. Does everyone get filled every 6 weeks? I'm told I will have at least 6 fills.

I was banded on August 18th. After my first fill I adjusted after a couple of days and could eat a lot of things if I went slow. Weight lost was good. On November 11st I was given a second fill and I haven't been in good shape ever since. I can hardly get anything down and have been living on shakes, chicken and Soup. I started throwing up, not daily but enough. I am uncomfortable with the small amount of food I'm eating. I had lost 40 lbs. before the last fill and now I'm almost at 50 lbs just 9 days later. I am scheduled for another fill in 4 weeks and I'm concerned that I'll be on nothing but shakes. Does everyone get filled every 6 weeks? I'm told I will have at least 6 fills.

I have 2 fills and my doc gives fills every 6 weeks after my 2nd fill I could see a change in restriction but the weight loss has been slow. I go to the gym 5x week my doc said I am loosing fat instead of weight which is great.

I cant eat boiled eggs bad news or beef its to hard to swallow other than that most food is fine

hi there

You really need to evaluate your weight loss and how you're feeling. No Doc should give you more if you are losing at least 2 lbs a week.

Half of my weight loss was directly after the surgery because of the mushie diet, so I really havent lost that much at all in the past couple of months.