Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my band placed Friday 11/14 and am still having horrible pain on my left side. I had quit taking the Lortab they gave me and started taking Tylenol, but had to go back to Lortab. The pain in only in one spot on my left side, and I go back for my post-op tomorrow morning, but I was just wondering if anyone else had pain this long.

Thanx, Sam

Yes, it took a couple weeks but each day gets better. Is it incision pain or internal?

Yes, it took a couple weeks but each day gets better. Is it incision pain or internal?

Jodi, it's internal. In fact, it feels like my insides are ripping apart. I did have a hiatal hernia repaired. I wonder if it could be related to that?

I had pain for @3-4 weeks.

When I tried to lay down it felt like my incisions we ripping inside.:)

I tried not to take the Lortab unless really needed it.

My Dr's office assured me this was okay and that I could/should take the Lortab as long as I was having pain.

I would take it at night so I could sleep.

I really tried to tough it out but that really didn't help me at all so I gave in.

After a 4 weeks it got better!

I hope this helps.

Hang in there.

Sash

I also had hiatal hernia repair. I had a lot of different pain. I did feel that internal ripping pain if I would move a certain way or trying to get up from a laying position.

I had left shoulder/neck pain lasting for 3-4 weeks . . . and it really hurt. It was like getting kicked by a horse in the shoulder. It gradually diminished and was gone after one month unless I have overeaten, then I might get an occasional twinge.

After a lot of reading and discussions with my doctor on this particular topic, general consensus seems to be that a lot of people with hiatal hernia repairs (like me) have a nerve in the diagphram that gets irritated post surgery but the pain is felt in the left shoulder.

Tylenol never helped, I didn't take the pain meds because I prefer not to unless the pain is so bad I can't stand it. The only think that helped (other than time which cured it completely) is neck massages by my husband . . . and even better was a very hot soak in the tub with my shoulder and neck submerged but my incisions were above the Water line.

This too shall pass :0).

Thanx everyone. After reading about so many people up and around after 3-4 days, and going back to work, I was getting worried that I hurt something. But I see my doc tomorrow anyway, but thanx for all the responses.

Sam

Thanx everyone. After reading about so many people up and around after 3-4 days, and going back to work, I was getting worried that I hurt something. But I see my doc tomorrow anyway, but thanx for all the responses.

Sam

I know what you mean Sam, when I would read about those people I kept thinking to myself either something is wrong or my pain tolerance is not as good as I always thought. I never considered myself to be a baby about pain but I was hurting! But it does quickly become a distant memory.

Edited by Jodi_620

I had my surgery on 11/14 as well and I feel like my insides are being ripped out to. I have so much pressure that I can't sleep, lay down, or sit straight up. I can t wait for this to be better!!!!! lol