Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new admission to 100 lb club

Hello all! I am a *new* member of the 100 lbs to loose club. I am currently 265 and before surgery I was 279.8. Lost 15 on the pre-op and a few more on the post -op liquid phase. When I say few I truly mean a few. Lowest I reached was 262.

I have lost inches, and that is the NSV I am holding on to. Glad I have that to hold on to because truth be told, even thought I focused on having no expectations, I have found I have them all the same.

I keep reminding myself this is a "life" change and it will not happen over night. My heart knows this but my head will not get on board. Speaking of head.....darn that head hunger.

So, here I set, had my first fill on Monday. My band took a fill of .7 cc's. Dr. McBride began the fill with 1.5 cc's and backed it out until the liquid did not get caught up. I hope the fill settles in nicely and I will have some assistance. I am really wanting to have some help with my non existent *FULL* button.

I am not trying to be a downer, *BUT* I really was bummed that I did not loose more on the 21 day liquid phase. (Self talk - inches lost...inches lost!!!)

So, recap started 280 lost 15 solid lbs. Feeling like I am hanging on the the 15 and having head hunger issues. I am newly banded as of 4/24/09.

I am keeping the faith that this will work for me. Anyone else relate to where I am?

I can totally relate to this! I was having such a hard time at first, then something really clicked. The head hunger is THE worst! To fight that I made sure I drank plenty of Water and ate plenty of Protein. I also started walking every day and when I would think I was hungry I'd take a walk first and by the time I got home, I wasn't hungry!

Let me tell you, it's not easy, but it gets easier. Especially after my second fill.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!! :confused:

I can totally relate to this! I was having such a hard time at first, then something really clicked. The head hunger is THE worst! To fight that I made sure I drank plenty of Water and ate plenty of Protein. I also started walking every day and when I would think I was hungry I'd take a walk first and by the time I got home, I wasn't hungry!

Let me tell you, it's not easy, but it gets easier. Especially after my second fill.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!! :confused:

MrsEbg - I am so glad to read your reply! I really am glad I am not the only one who has felt this way. :) Not to mention seeing your SUCCESS!!! Knowing that if it has worked for you helps me to believe it will work for me too. As silly as this may sound, I caught myself thinking today, what if I fail at this? Oh my goodness. Here I am in the beginning of a life change cutting myself short already! I guess it is the fear of past diets gone bad.

To be honest, I am counting on the band to provide me with some restriction to keep me in line. My Portion Control has been terrible for a long while now. I appreciate your suggestions. One very positive I can say is that I have been getting my 8 plus glasses of Water in a day. That is a big deal!

I am going to go home tonight and go for a walk with my son.

Well I joined the century club last month! Happy to be here! I am slowing down because I am getting lax in following the rules. I am getting happy with how and I look and less motivated, but I trudge on. I love the gym and if I could run without my hips hurting I thought about doing a half a marathon.

Maybe some day.

Well I joined the century club last month! Happy to be here! I am slowing down because I am getting lax in following the rules. I am getting happy with how and I look and less motivated, but I trudge on. I love the gym and if I could run without my hips hurting I thought about doing a half a marathon.

Maybe some day.

congrats on the Mini- Goal. Keep it up.

Hello all! I am a *new* member of the 100 lbs to loose club. I am currently 265 and before surgery I was 279.8. Lost 15 on the pre-op and a few more on the post -op liquid phase. When I say few I truly mean a few. Lowest I reached was 262.

I have lost inches, and that is the NSV I am holding on to. Glad I have that to hold on to because truth be told, even thought I focused on having no expectations, I have found I have them all the same.

I keep reminding myself this is a "life" change and it will not happen over night. My heart knows this but my head will not get on board. Speaking of head.....darn that head hunger.

So, here I set, had my first fill on Monday. My band took a fill of .7 cc's. Dr. McBride began the fill with 1.5 cc's and backed it out until the liquid did not get caught up. I hope the fill settles in nicely and I will have some assistance. I am really wanting to have some help with my non existent *FULL* button.

I am not trying to be a downer, *BUT* I really was bummed that I did not loose more on the 21 day liquid phase. (Self talk - inches lost...inches lost!!!)

So, recap started 280 lost 15 solid lbs. Feeling like I am hanging on the the 15 and having head hunger issues. I am newly banded as of 4/24/09.

I am keeping the faith that this will work for me. Anyone else relate to where I am?

Yiou know Angie I think that everyone fights this to certain degrees. This is why my weight loss has slowed. The best way to battle cravings is to get it out of your system. The more sweets I eat the more I crave. A couple of days ago I decided that if I was craving sweets I would satisfy that with a chocolate Protein shake. I know....no liquid calorites allowed, but it is the lesser of the two evils until I get those carbs out of my system. The same with bread Pasta rice and potatoes. I don't eat them and haven't in so long that it doesn't bother me anymore.

I would also suggest an online food journal if you don't have one already. I use www.sparkpeople.com. Thedailyplate and lapband also have free versions as well. It has really helped me to be accountable for every little bite I put in my mouth. I think about putting it in my food journal and seeing my calorie count and carb count increase and I know it isn't worth it.

I also try to weigh daily and update my ticker with EVERY TINY LOSS. I know daily weigh ins aren't for everyone, but they work better for me. I was slipping. I wasn't weighing everyday and not keeping strict accounting of what I ate and I could tell. My weight loss slowed to 1/2 lb even one week. I haven't had a gain yet, but in the first 5 months I was very very good and averaged about 3 lbs a week. Even in the past 3 days the weight loss is better and I am making better choices because I am back to following my rules.

Low carbs is the way to melt off the fat. You also have to realize that you can't go back to high carbs, just a balanced diet. Again my food journal has helped me to learn what that is.

Good luck. You have the drive and in my opinion you have fought half the battle and that is learning the difference between real hunger and head hunger! I believe it is the people that can't tell the difference that don't succeed.

Edited by julie.ann

Hey all ~

Here's another Newbie !!

Current at 203.4lbs. At consultation ( with clothes and shoes on ) I weight 215lbs. The day before pre-op diet I weight 212lbs ( Just with undergarments - no shoes, in other words, i gained before pre-op ) Today is the 10 th into pre-op ( lost only about 10 pounds ).

Goal weight is 100 - 105lbs.

100 pounds to lose, OMG, that sounds crazy.

So glad to find this 100lb club, good luck to everyone too !!! :thumbup: